Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

RnR's *new* business??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
The way I see it is you own $10,000 stock in RnR and as long as you have the bank check reciept to prove it, it doesn matter if he is at the shop or not. Break one window and I guarantee he'd be there sooner or later.

edit- Best of luck with anything that you are able to do against them Stew.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're right, sorry for hijacking.... I think we all got what we wanted from that chat.....
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
try socalevo.net

ask the guys there
Old Jan 23, 2007, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Stew I will take a trip with you, Matt and a few of baseball bats.

It is amazing that someone would do this to a customer. I hope we get some info quick then take some serious action.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Juice33
Stew I will take a trip with you, Matt and a few of baseball bats.

It is amazing that someone would do this to a customer. I hope we get some info quick then take some serious action.
Heading over to his place of business with baseball bats will NOT work in your favor. It will show intent and will land you in jail. Do yourself a favor. If you do plan to make a visit. Go with a lawyer and not your buddy that just likes to "blow **** up."
Old Jan 23, 2007, 08:56 AM
mot
Evolved Member

haha im sorry but i could NOT imagine someone having 10k$ of my money then disapearing
id be willing to make a trip to cali over a minimum of 2k$
i feel for you man
and i would take SERIOUS action quick
hell i would have made it an issue by august at the LATEST
Old Jan 23, 2007, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Stew, I sent you an email with an update. As you know there have been several delays with getting you a new head. Anyone who has done business with us in the past knows that we are always slow. We build quality products and work on getting things done asap, but it isn't as quick as we would like. We have been in business for 4 years and never took anyones money without sending a custom built product. Yes, we have been slow I admit.

Stew, as I sent you in your email I have had a lot of personal things as well come up with my family deaths, etc. You are 100% getting the parts. You ordered from us without any question.

The parts we have shipped so far

50R turbo
38mm wastegate
Water pipe
Dump tube

We will be sending this week

2.4 Built Long Block, turbo mani, etc
including the list of parts that is going on that.

I want to assure you 100% you are getting the parts. I am truly sorry for delay as you know there have been several problems with us having to get you a new head out of pocket and other little things. No excuses, but I just wanted to come on here and let you know the situation in public. If you need to contact me further please email me at rs92laser@yahoo.com as I am not on the forums much anymore. Thanks Ryan
Old Jan 23, 2007, 11:51 AM

Last I knew Stew has been waiting for quite a long time. Stew has sent several E-mails, PM's and made phone calls with no return messages from RnR.

Sounds to me like they may be moving onto another business and are just shoveling crap out their doors to fill orders.

I'm not sure if Stew has posted any pics yet, BUT damn the weld quality of both the rad pipe and EWG dump pipe are high school level quality. The welds were very inconsistant and it didn't look like the welds penetrated the piping all the way. The rad pipe for sure will leak as it has a couple of holes where the tungsten was dipped into the weld pool and left a hole and the welds all look to be just simple fusion weld with no filler rod being used. This would normally be ok but if the weld doesn't penetrate all the way through the base stainless it will be weak and could fail. Taking the time to use some filler rod would have atleast built up the weld so it could withstand some abuse. The EWG dump pipe has production marks on it for where it was to be cut, if the mark is still there the cut was never made.

The quality of what I have seen so far would scare the hell out of me to have these guys building a motor for me, just my $.02.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Send it all back and incur a "restocking" fee, if there is any! I wouldn't deal with a company who you can't get ahold of very easily. I would stick with someone like AMS, Buschur, Vishnu, etc...
Old Jan 23, 2007, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Ryan, unfortunately this is the only means by which I can contact you, and I know I am not at fault for that. I sent you an e-mail back last Thursday with no response and also left numerous PM's, e-mails and phone calls that have gone un-returned over the past few weeks.

My big concern here is the need for support with a custom setup. Almost everyone that is running a custom setup from RnR (turbo kit, engine, etc) has went through a bit of difficulty getting things to work and needed your support. Most of them have worked out, but only after a number of phone calls and e-mails, sometimes with additional parts or services required. This would have been fine for me 3-4 months ago, which would be 3-4 months after I initially placed my order when you said:

Jun 6, 2006, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by RnR Racing
If you end up needing a motor let me know. I know we can get one to you in a few days and I can give you a great deal. Let me know if there are any other questions, Ryan
Now as we are approaching February time is limited to get the car back on the road. I am very patient, but when I have large companies such as Rotora and JIC sponsoring me for this Auto-x season I get nervous. I am not about to let them down by more delays. Hell, the car was supposed to be back on the road for the last half of the 2006 season which never happened. When you send me things such as:

e-mail: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 8:07 PM
I just wanted to let you know we are branching out right now, but we are almost finished with your order. I know I have said it a 1000 times, but we are almost there. We only have to finish your order and one car job and then we will be completely done
How should that make me feel? Looks to me like if I have any problems with the install, or with the parts themselves I'm going to be up a creek since RnR is no longer going to be dealing with the Evo market. I'm not about to have a complete lack of support for $10,000 worth of parts. I'm now forced to purchase a stock motor, stock turbo setup since it is the only thing that I know I can definitely install and tune before the race season begins this year at the end of March. A custom setup like initially ordered is out of the question.

I sent you an e-mail last Thursday to alert you I am canceling my order, yet you still come on here and act as if that had not happened. You also have a certified letter arriving at your shop this afternoon that states the same thing. Not accepting the letter will not help your case since you are already been made aware of the situation via e-mail last week. Unfortunately the only action that can now make things right is to refund the full cost of parts, and the ones sent (that I will get into detail about below) will be returned. In my e-mail and letter I also mentioned that any other parts sent out as of this date (last Friday) will be returned without inspection.

Stew, I sent you an email with an update. As you know there have been several delays with getting you a new head. Anyone who has done business with us in the past knows that we are always slow. We build quality products and work on getting things done asap, but it isn't as quick as we would like. We have been in business for 4 years and never took anyones money without sending a custom built product. Yes, we have been slow I admit.
As for the new head - I sent my head along with all other accessories to be mounted to the new 2.4L motor. After 2-3 months of having the head in your posession, you claimed:

Nov 13, 2006, 12:10 PM
Stew, here is your tracking number and I will have the final one coming soon. We are trying to get everything finished. We had to trash the head you gave us as our machine shop didn't want to reuse it as they said"possible problems with it". So we are getting you a new head our of our pocket. Sorry for the long delay as we want to make sure everything is perfect for you. Ryan
The tracking number received in that PM Still hasn't been sent out yet, 2 months later. UPS Tracking

What kind of certified machine shop wouldn't be able to go into more detail my $1500+ head? Certainly a qualified machine shop would do a bit more research than throw out a head with "possible problems". You would think they could be a tad more specific, especially since I questioned that in PM's a number of times, which never were answered. Something is not right there. At LEAST you should have sent the head back to me instead of throwing it out.

Also, what about the stock valves that I asked for back because another member here was in need of a few? There were atleast 10 good OEM valves/retainers left in that head and you mentioned for 2 months that you were going to send them back but never did. I had promised that member (who is a moderater here) that I had a few good ones I would send him for free. Now I look like the indian giver since I never followed through on my promise.

Stew, as I sent you in your email I have had a lot of personal things as well come up with my family deaths, etc. You are 100% getting the parts. You ordered from us without any question.
Yes, you had mentioned 1 personal issue that had apparently led to a delay. I am far from insensative, but I don't see how a week of well deserved mourning time for that 1 employee at the machine shop would add on 5 weeks of further delay for a motor to be completed.

50R turbo
I don't know about other members here on the board, but I'm not very satisfied with a new turbo that arrives with enough shaft play where the turbine wheel blades actually make contact with the turbine housing.

Compressor wheel:

Turbine wheel:

Shaft play slideshow:
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...1169588095.pbw

Rotation of the RnR "ball bearing" 50 Trim turbo:

38mm wastegate
This part was the only part that was fine, since it was straight from Tial.

Water pipe
This piece needs work. Now what am I to do with a pipe that needs to be returned to a shop that is leaving the Evo market? If it took me 4 months to get this the first time, how long will it take for a replacement? This is the kind of support I need with a custom setup and a shop that is leaving the Evo market will not be able to provide such support.

Dump tube
Same situation as above.

I already mentioned my reasing why this is not necessary. I don't think I can be blamed for being a bit skeptical since I have been getting these same exact type of "updates" for 6 months now with no products to show for it.

I want to assure you 100% you are getting the parts. I am truly sorry for delay as you know there have been several problems with us having to get you a new head out of pocket and other little things. No excuses, but I just wanted to come on here and let you know the situation in public. If you need to contact me further please email me at rs92laser@yahoo.com as I am not on the forums much anymore. Thanks Ryan
Ryan, I have no problems with you personally by any means, but it's just the time frame that we discussed initially which made me make the purchase is by far out of scope at this point. I'm not worried that I would never get the parts, it's the quality which now has me concerned. Due to the quality of the parts I have already received, I am a bit skeptical of the next round of parts (the bulk) being in the 100% perfect condition that would be necessary for them to work in my Evo first try without any further contact or support from RnR. I doubt that would be the case, and again, would leave me stranded and out of $10,000.

Better communication, ESPECIALLY now, would be recommended. Screening phone calls is not a good way to keep your customers happy. Even picking up the phone to deliver bad news is better than not picking up the phone at all.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Stew: Read this...

Originally Posted by 4G63
Send it all back and incur a "restocking" fee, if there is any! I wouldn't deal with a company who you can't get ahold of very easily. I would stick with someone like AMS, Buschur, Vishnu, etc...
Old Jan 23, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

There you go man..... Good job
Old Jan 23, 2007, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

**** that. I'm sorry but if RNR tries to claim a single dollar for getting any of those items returned that is a damn shame. None of those products except for the Wastegate are probably worth money, that water pipe could of been welded by a 2 year old.

This sickens me, good luck stew.

Scorke
Old Jan 23, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63
Stew: Read this...
I read it 4G.. I doubt there would be any attempted re-stocking fee, even then the price of the engine accessories and head RnR may have disgarded will surely cover the difference and then some.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

50R turbo
38mm wastegate
Water pipe
Dump tube

Bwhahahah is he kidding?! With that statement the best thign you can do is leave the evo community with your pants down and a bag over your head. That would be less embarassing. RnR as a company is a joke, and the evo community will be that much better as a whole without them in it! No customer service, no reasonable shipping, nothing done right by them for the customer. I'm honestly shoocked they have kept buisness this long with all the horror stories i have read. I hope that RnR doesn't ruin the next car they "make" parts for...This is discusting!

Stew, sorry ot hear about your situation. If i were you i would talk to your laywer again. I would not communictaed with him nor except shippment or ship anything to him! Bring him to court, get your money back and then some...

I'd call up AMS, Buschur, etc. They will make that sour tatse in your mouth go away!

Quick Reply: RnR's *new* business??