Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Why I chose JunB.L exhaust, the complete review w/pics! (no 56k)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2007, 07:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey thats fine. Just as long as you were not at home lounging around! =)
Old Apr 26, 2007, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks great, but have you weighed it yet? Also, recommended DP and HFC to run it with? I don't want to run a test pipe.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

Well, picked up my car yesterday with my JUN on, along with a boatload of other mods. It sounds very very menacing. Not too loud at idle, but very loud at WOT. It did fit with the APR rear diffuser with no problems. There is some sort of squeak/rattle from under the car now though. Going into the shop tomorrow morning to get it up on a lift to see what is causing it. Not quite sure if it's the exhaust or what. (Evo IX MR).

Old Apr 27, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Great review and this is by far the nicest exhaust for the evo! I love mine, it has the perfect sound, structure, look and performance.

How did you get your muffler to sit up so high to the bumper? I have my bushings cramped with a q clamp and I still have about a 1.5-2 icnh gap between the top of the muffler and the bumper.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sweet what are the dyno numbers? what psi? looks awesome!
Old Apr 27, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

I love my exhaust!!
However. I need help. Every picture I see on here looks amazing. The exhaust angles perfect and is perfect looking.

My exhaust hangs really low and way to the right. Why is this? Any way I can fix it?

Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

I have also a downpipe and testpipe. In the second picture, you can see how it hangs right alot and is really low
Old Apr 27, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prj.evo
Great review and this is by far the nicest exhaust for the evo! I love mine, it has the perfect sound, structure, look and performance.

How did you get your muffler to sit up so high to the bumper? I have my bushings cramped with a q clamp and I still have about a 1.5-2 icnh gap between the top of the muffler and the bumper.
It's probably your hangers. I have Kartboy Hangers and they are poly instead of rubber, so they are much stiffer (can barely move the exhaust by hand). They hold it a lot tighter, it doesn't move at all, and hold it closer to the top.

vmrevo9:
sweet what are the dyno numbers? what psi? looks awesome!
Dunno yet, we might have some issues with the clutch. Breaking it in atm, it's the Exedy Twin Plate HD, but it was slipping on the dyno over 5000 rpm. Going back Tuesday morning to try to tune, and may have to pull the clutch again. Hopefully not, but we'll see, GST is being really helpful about it all. Great shop if you are near the bay area!!
Old Apr 27, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
Looks great, but have you weighed it yet? Also, recommended DP and HFC to run it with? I don't want to run a test pipe.
+1 for a compatible 3" HFC
Old Apr 27, 2007, 06:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Alright the system comes with an adapter which will bolt to any catalytic converter you choose. Including the stock one. I personally am using the WORKS DP, with the test-pipe back JunB.L system. We have installed this with the DCsports downpipe with combined testpipe with great results.

As far as your exhaust hanging low I suggest you loosen the clamps and adjust it around. I have installed this with and without the Kartboy hangers and had great results. The pictures on my blue car in the first post of this thread uses a single Kartboy hanger by the muffler. The rest are stock. I like this the most because it does not interfere with my Hotchkis sway bar this way.

We have not weighed it, although I can tell you this is no HKS Ti.

Last edited by MitsuJoe; Apr 27, 2007 at 06:58 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostinjuice
I love my exhaust!!
However. I need help. Every picture I see on here looks amazing. The exhaust angles perfect and is perfect looking.

My exhaust hangs really low and way to the right. Why is this? Any way I can fix it?
Hey guys,

I had the same problems with the exhaust hanging low and to the right. Basically, I just loosened the clamps like Joe's_Evo8 said to do, and I pushed the midpipe down a little, and rotated the muffler up and to the right. Here are the results with all stock hangers.

Before:

After:

You'd be surpprised what a few millimeters will do to the look of the muffler tip

Sweet exhaust by the way!!!
Old Apr 27, 2007, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
A lot of people have had good results with the Random Technologies High Flow Cat, though it's almost $300. I still have the stock cat and downpipe, and I love the way the JunB.L sounds!
Old Apr 28, 2007, 01:49 AM
Evolving Member

Perrin makes a beautiful true 3" DP that fit perfectly on mine (though i do use the Jun test pipe as well) and a HFC should work there just fine.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

What do you guys use to clean out the inside part of the muffler. I like my stuff clean inside and out
Old Apr 28, 2007, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
well i had cleaned it with just a rag with soap and water.

Quick Reply: Why I chose JunB.L exhaust, the complete review w/pics! (no 56k)