Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

*Resolved* JonDemand - Negative Review - Read this before sending them money

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down *Resolved* JonDemand - Negative Review - Read this before sending them money

The matter has been mutually resolved and a refund has been issued. I also edited and removed posts to clean this up a bit. - CharlesJ

After seeing thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=235379 I decided it was a good deal and I wanted to add an EVC so I'd go for it. JonDemand seem to be posting a lot, there seems to be a good vibe about them, they seem to be very 'community' orientated. So I had no issue paying them through paypal.

Originally Posted by AngryJonnie on Jan 14th
Payment sent.
A few days later, having received no confirmation email or post to the thread, I posted asking if mine had been shipped.

Originally Posted by AngryJonnie on Jan 17th
Did mine get shipped yet? Haven't had any emails or PM's saying it has.
Originally Posted by JonDemandSales on Jan 17th
I didnt get your information at the time of payment. Can I have you pm me with your shipping details.

Thanks!
I PM him through EVOM the details of my payment (alarm bells ring faintly in the distance).

Later that day I get a response from them:

Originally Posted by JonDemandSales on Jan 17th
Jon,

Sounds good, it will be sent out today.
I assume that it's in the mail.

2 days later my wife's mother dies from Cancer. My wife falls apart and becomes a total mess. At this point the last thing I am able to think about is modding my car. In fact I doubt I'll be able to do anything substantial to it for months. Faced with that, I decide I'll see if I can cancel my order and get a refund.

So I PM jondemandsales to find out how I can go about getting a refund:

Originally Posted by angryjonnie on Jan 20th
Eric,

Has this been mailed? If not can I cancel my order? If it has been mailed could I just send it back by return of mail and get a refund?

In the last few days my personal circumstances have changed (death in the family), and I won't be able to install this on my car in the foreseeable future.

Anything you can do to help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon
They respond almost immediatly:

Originally Posted by JonDemandSames on Jan 20th
Jon,

Sorry to hear that there was a death in your family. I will have the order cancelled, and I will have your money refunded right away.
2 days later I figure I'll send them some details of the transaction in case they are having 'issues' finding it...

Originally Posted by AngryJonnie on Jan 22nd
Hi, not sure if this is of use but the details of the paypal transaction are:

Payment Sent (ID #*****************)

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jan. 14, 2007 Payment To J-ondemand Completed ... -$380.00 USD

Business Name:
J-ondemand
Email:
hishida@j-ondemand.com

Let me know if there is anything else that you need for the refund.

Thanks again for your understanding with this matter.

Jon
I get no reply.

2 days later, wanting this sorted sooner rather than later as I'd like to have 1 less thing to worry about while we dela with funerals I PM them again as my Paypal account shows no refund.

Originally Posted by AngryJonnie on Jan 24th
Is there anything else you need from me to cancel this transaction? I'm not seeing anything in my paypal account saying there has been a refund initiated.

Does this mean that the EVC has been shipped and I need to ship it back first - no problem with that at all, I'll send it back by return of mail.

I just wanted to make sure you guys weren't waiting for something from me.

Jon
I get a response that day...

Originally Posted by JonDemandSales on jan 22nd
Jon,

Please allow us a few days for our Paypal to cancel the transaction. If you would like to call us for an update, please feel free to call anytime at 714.313.1765

Thanks!
- Eric @ J-OnDemand
4 days later, with still nothing occurring in my Paypal I contact them again...

Originally Posted by AngryJonnie on Jan 28th
While I appreciate that you're giving me a refund, is there a reason it's taking so long. You mentioned it would be done right away 7 days ago, still I have nothing on paypal saying I have a refund pending. I understand that paypal takes 5 or so days to actually do the refund, but they still notify you that it's pending immediately.

Is there something preventing you from starting the refund process?

Thanks,

Jon
Again I get a response that same day...

Originally Posted by JonDemandSales
Jon,

Hiro has to process the refund on our account, and then start it with Paypal.

Hiro has just been having trouble with his server at the moment, but I can assure you that your request will be processed.

Also we usually require a 35% restocking fee on these items, but we will be waiving this for you.

Best Regards,
- Eric @ J-OnDemand
Now, at this point I'm getting angry. This is the first mention of a 35% restocking fee - although I'm glad they aren't try to claim they should get it - especially considering that restocking fees are usually for items that HAVE actually been shipped to a customer and then returned - remember at this point I have NEVER been shipped ANYTHING and I have not been refunded a penny of the $380 I paid them. Paypal refunds are super easy - I've used paypal for years and have had refunds on a number of occasions.

2 days later I get a chance to respond...

Originally Posted by AngryJonnie on Jan 30th
Restocking fees are usually to cover the costs of handling the sending and the return of the goods, considering no product was ever sent to me, charging a restocking fee would be pretty unacceptable.

I understand that these things take time, but I would really appreciate if you could give me a date that the paypal refund process will have been started, that's all I need just a date.

Thanks,

Jon
Knowing that Paypal has timeframes that you have to dispute payments, I also initiate a Paypal non delivery claim through paypal, I feel I should notify them so I do:

Originally Posted by AngryJonnie on the 30th
Guys, I've initiated a paypal dispute process.

All you need to do is go in and click full refund and the dispute is finished and we can all go about our lives without any of this hassle.

This is an opportunity for you guys to redeem yourselves and for me to have one less thing to stress about at the moment.

I hope you do the right thing and do it soon.

Thanks,

Jon
I also contact the EvoM staff about the fact that an EvoM vendor is not refunding and to aid in mediating the situation. The EvoM staff contacted J-ondemand and received a timeline of no later than friday the 9th for a refund from Hiro.

Shortly after I hear from the EvoM staff I get a response from Eric, including references to wording I used in my PM to th e EvoM staff

Originally Posted by JonDemandSales on Jan 30th
Will do. Sorry for the trouble. I would also like to say that what I have told you in the past, my "excuses", still stand. We are not liars, myself especially. I will get your refund processed right away. I have already contacted Hiro about it 25 times, and he will have it settled right away.

- Eric @ J-OnDemand
So I'm getting it right away, OK.

8 days later, I still haven't had any notification from Paypal so I decide to chase again.

Originally Posted by AngryJonnie on Feb 6th
When you say "I will get your refund processed right away." is right away 8 days later?

I still haven't had a notification from paypal that this refund has been initiated.

Can you just send me a PM with when it will actually occur, a date?

Thanks,

Jon
I get no response.

I'm still in communication with CharlesJ of the EvoM staff throughout that last week.

Last Friday, I IM Eric directly via AIM, and he tells me he is on the phone right then with paypal sorting the whole thing out and that they have had account issues but my refund will be processed immediately.

Nothing happens.

Yesterday, I see Hiro on AIM and IM him directly, he takes my information and says he will process my refund "this evening".

I wake this morning to no refund - AGAIN.

This has been ridiculous. Almost every piece of the communication from them has indicated that something will be happening right away, yet a full month later NOTHING has happened.

Possibly more frustrating is that in the month I've seen numerous new threads on Evom selling new items, the fact that they are advertising and probably taking more money from people when they haven't refunded my money is unacceptable.

So I'm posting this review, I hope that people will think twice about sending money via paypal top jonDemand, in all honesty it's made me reconsider ever using any vendor on Evom (unless they have a bricks and morter location and are much more established.)

I'm somewhat sad that a single vendor experience can make me secoind guess and doubt a community like EvoM.

Last edited by CharlesJ; Feb 14, 2007 at 06:42 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 08:27 AM

wow..that sucks bro...
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

There have been a few threads like this on EVOM, but they all seem to have been resolved so I'm still hopeful that jondemand will do the right thing and just refund me my money.

Or at the very least explain what the issue is, and honestly explain why it's taken almost a month from the first "I will have your money refunded right away" statement.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Lack of customer service SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED!

The first thing in owning any business is PEOPLE!...you treat them well, they won't mind paying a few extra dollars for awesome service and quality products.

Problem is things seem to just keep going downhill....in this case as well as many other places (retailer, Mitsu Warranty, etc)

No one cares about the consumer anymore...and to those who DO, A++ for you guys!
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

wow i read that wholeee thing

i think the j on demand people are pretty nice guys and understanding, but almost a month wait is unacceptable
Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
wow i read that wholeee thing
Yeah, sorry it's so long, Charles said I should be as detailed as possible, and seeing as most of my communication has been through EvoM's PM channel I had them all in order ready for copy-paste.

Cliff Notes for anyone who doesn't want to read it:

I pay for EVC with paypal
I chase asking where it is
They say it's on it's way
I chase asking where it is.
They say it's on it's way
My mother in law dies, modding is my last thought.
I ask for refund.
They say it'll be done right away
I ask what happened to my refund
They say it'll get done right away...

....repeat for a month....

I give up, escalate it to EvoM and Paypal, and hope my money is refunded.

Hiro/Eric, if you happen to read this. If there is anything you need from me to make my refund happen, please just ask. Let's see if we can get this resolved.

Last edited by AngryJonnie; Feb 12, 2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear about your recent string of badluck hopefully they get their act together, and the best of luck to you and your wife.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:18 PM

And to think I was just about to order some pieces from them. Thanks for the heads up bro, I know it sucks for you but at least you saved a lot of other people some serious hassle. Good luck with your dispute and just let Paypal deal with it, if your time has not expired for a dispute.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 02:35 PM
Account Disabled

JonDemand.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:21 PM
mot
Evolved Member

ok guys before i go on id like to say i have NO affiliation with j ondemand
i have purchased a few things from them
and trusted them with QUITE a bit of my money to say the least
you guys have to understand ONE thing the parts you are buying are from the other side of the world and its not really worth it to send one evc through ups across half of the world so shipping takes time
ALSO being someone in a bussiness that handles returns etc this isnt kmart issuing a refund its a company that makes big purchases and ships them ALL in a huge container to bring you cheaper prices issuing a refund for a part that is in a container over seas isnt easy theres a lot of paper work etc that goes along with it and a 30 day wait with 35% restocking fee is not out of the question also sorry to be insensitive since when does your wifes mother dying make people return car parts? and if thats the last option for you then why do you think your 35% restock fee should be waived and your money refunded instantly.
also the restocking fee has nothing to do with shipping these guys have a limited supply
so if they had 4 evcs you bought one and 3 other were sold and someone asked them for one they had to turn that person away then you want a refund they lose money thats where your restocking fee comes in

Last edited by mot; Feb 12, 2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:30 PM
Account Disabled

mediahivesykes (6:26:58 PM): Hey Hiro this is Angry Jonnie from Evom, I'm just trying to find out about my refund that I've been wait a month for?
JonDemandHiro (6:27:15 PM): for the evc?
mediahivesykes (6:27:23 PM): yup
JonDemandHiro (6:27:28 PM): did eric pm you?
JonDemandHiro (6:27:35 PM): i checkd my paypal last night
JonDemandHiro (6:27:38 PM): there was no request
mediahivesykes (6:27:54 PM): I put in a request about 2-3 weeks ago
JonDemandHiro (6:28:06 PM): can you do it once more please
JonDemandHiro (6:28:08 PM): i didnt see it
JonDemandHiro (6:28:14 PM): ill do it tonight or early tomorrow morning
mediahivesykes (6:28:18 PM): You can only do it once
JonDemandHiro (6:28:28 PM): whats ur email address
mediahivesykes (6:28:49 PM): it's under either... xxxxxxxxx or xxxxxxxxxx
JonDemandHiro (6:28:57 PM): iok
JonDemandHiro (6:29:00 PM): ill look it up tonight
JonDemandHiro (6:29:01 PM): n do it
mediahivesykes (6:29:06 PM): Thanks
JonDemandHiro (6:29:33 PM): np

i have personally talked to him last night and asked him for a request on paypal and we checked paypay 5 times today and still no request. we even offered him a no restocking fee... and this? why couldnt he just call us directly since we have every possible phone number on here ....

Last edited by CharlesJ; Feb 14, 2007 at 06:20 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
Account Disabled

also, we are entitled to 30days for a refund by law....for all of you who dont know anything about business. and any special orders from japan is always a restocking fee or no cancellation.go to any jdm importer or shop and they will always request a restocking fee or not give you a refund right away. if you want to go buy from those grey marketers, go right ahead. were taking actions as i speak on those guys with some big jdm companies. those of you who dont know us, dont talk on the forums just because youre bored or youre childish. you have no business on here talking about us...the guy above called and asked us for a refund cause he had a death in the family, we felt bad so we said no restocking fee... and we get this?? thanks tommy.

Last edited by JondemandSales; Feb 12, 2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JondemandSales
JonDemandHiro (6:28:14 PM): ill do it tonight or early tomorrow morning
And has it been done, NO. So what am I supposed to do, ask again? For the 20th time?

Sorry but this was the last resort.

Originally Posted by JondemandSales
i have personally talked to him last night and asked him for a request on paypal and we checked paypay 5 times today and still no request. we even offered him a no restocking fee... and this? why couldnt he just call us directly since we have every possible phone number on here ....
I requested a refund from paypal 2 weeks ago.

if you login and go to the main Account page, there should be a "Resolution Center" tab at the top - big bold thing.

Click on that, you'll see the dispute for the refund that I already did.

Tell me what else you need from me and I'm happy to try to help you out here.

What does calling have to do with anything? Would that have helped? Would I have been told "we'll it right away" over the phone instead?

Last edited by AngryJonnie; Feb 12, 2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Paypal Resolution Center
Dispute History Log - Most Recent 5 of 7
The Dispute History Log displays all actions related to your claim.
Date Actor Action Details
Feb. 10, 2007 PayPal Email sent to Seller.
Feb. 10, 2007 PayPal Email sent to Buyer.
Feb. 10, 2007 Buyer Escalated Dispute to a Claim.
Feb. 10, 2007 PayPal Email sent to Seller.
Jan. 30, 2007 PayPal Email sent to Seller.
Total Messages: 4
From PayPal: PayPal on 2/10/2007 07:41 PST
Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
From buyer: Jon on 2/10/2007 07:41 PST
I have not been sent anything, the vender agreed almost a month ago to give me a full refund. Yet I still have not had any refund initiated. Every communication I have with this vendor - email, instant message and through the forums where I initiated the purchase they have told me that they are doing the refund right away and not to worry. That's the same line I've been told for the last 4 weeks, I'm starting to think that I may never see my money again, I've lost total confidence in the vendor, so I'm escalating it to paypal to hopefully force them to refund my money. Thanks, Jon Sykes
From buyer: Jon on 2/10/2007 07:37 PST
I still have not received my full refund, even though every communication for the last 2 weeks you say that you are doing it right away, I'm going to have to escalate this to paypal.
From buyer: Jon on 1/30/2007 10:33 PST
Hiro/Eric, I have never received anything for this transaction. 10 days ago when my wifes mother passed away and I said that I wouldn't be able to install the item for months and asked if I could get a refund you said you would do a full refund right away. That was 10 days ago. Please refund me the amount I am due. Thanks, Jon (Angry Jonnie on EVOM)
Just tell me how I can help?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue By You Evo
cause your giving a good company a bad name. they have helped dozens of people with their parts as their feedback shows. And everyone on here doesnt need to know about your PRIVATE problem with them. Calling them would have been the most direct and easiest way to get this resolved.
Rubish - this forum is for giving feedback. I was told to post here by the CharlesJ. He said that this was the next step.

Quick Reply: *Resolved* JonDemand - Negative Review - Read this before sending them money