Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur vs Ebay Exhuast Test Results - Round 1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2007, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yellow04
we all spend money on our cars different ways...
100% with u on this one....

my reply was an answer to this comment>>

the thing i love about this whole thing... is.........
WE own 30+ thousand dollar cars.. and lots of people are *****ing about paying $825 shipped to your door. for a tbe. what a joke..

nice day
Old Feb 18, 2007, 03:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
maybe you guys should knocking our choice of product.

other vendors use to be able to complain about you... you were doing flash's for 350-400 using your program, while others were forced to use ecutek and pay 700 for a flash.

they both do the same thing and ecutek from my research is suppose to be just a little bit better. is it 300-350$ better no..

same concept.
Actually going way back Works was the First to offer a tech tom reflash for $595 - it was a mail in base flash

I got into the flashing thing and started doing custom flashes for the same price which quicly lowered to 395 for a fully custom tuned reflash and 200 for mail in offerings

At the time I would argue for hours to anyone that would listen that reflashes were superior to the various other tuning solutions being employed e.g. SAFC, Emanage, Exede, ect

In those days I used to explain in great detail why piggy backs were inferior to a reflash and we would have huge arguments on this subject

I take a lot of satisfaction in knowing that the majority of those back then who argued with me have abandoned those old school out dated band aide piggy backs and embraced reflash tuning methods

I think we have shifted very far OFF TOPIC however with a history of reflashes

Last edited by DynoFlash; Feb 18, 2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
why pay more if u dont have too? im sure u complain when gas goes up a nickle, when if u think about it its only costing you 65 cents more to fill up....
actually i dont. because there is nothing i can do about it. i get sick of hearing poeple whine all the time over stupid stuff.

but thats just me i guess.

Last edited by Turbo_Saloon; Feb 18, 2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

actually i dont. because there is nothing i can do about it. i get sick of hearing poeple whine all the time over stupid stuff.
So you don't find anything ridiculous about spending $800+ on some JDM bling, when you can get the same power for ~$500? I, as well as other do. The car is about performance, not bling

As I've said before, I don't understand why people think that if we drive an Evo it means we're rich or flush with money. I can afford my car and to live comfortably, but to spend unnecessary $$ is just plain DUMB.(Given you aren't rich) If you had a Porsche or Ferrari, it'd be different.

Hi flow cats are still WAAAY more restrictive than test pipes. Good try but come back with better data.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostless
So you don't find anything ridiculous about spending $800+ on some JDM bling, when you can get the same power for ~$500? I, as well as other do. The car is about performance, not bling

As I've said before, I don't understand why people think that if we drive an Evo it means we're rich or flush with money. I can afford my car and to live comfortably, but to spend unnecessary $$ is just plain DUMB.(Given you aren't rich) If you had a Porsche or Ferrari, it'd be different.

Hi flow cats are still WAAAY more restrictive than test pipes. Good try but come back with better data.
i just came from a car that cost over 2k for a full exhaust.. so i think 800 is damn goood.

if you guys want to buy ebay stuff go right ahead.

im just stating my opinion.. that is all.

i just hate all the stuipid crying

Last edited by Turbo_Saloon; Feb 18, 2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

I dont see what is so hard about this. Test a car, swap cat backs, retest. Then there would be no argument.

And on another point, it would be very nice to see comparisons not only of Buschur vs ebay brand, but Buschur vs a handful of other very popular exhausts like the HKS unit for example. I would love to see that.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
WOW, cat Vs. no cat.

This really sucks.

Please compair the latest Ebay Exhaust with NO flex section and NO cats and a TRUE 3.0 muffler vs. the Buschur. WHy is this so hard?

We all know that the Megan exhaust makes just as much power. Warrtallon ran one and ran a 12.0 with no cams on his 2005 MR, it works just fine.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 04:48 PM
Account Disabled

The customer has spoken

Read his comments and this testing saga may start to make more sense

Al

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...35#post3990735
Old Feb 18, 2007, 05:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
these kind of e bay china made products in their exhuast - these results should be a wake up call for those customers

I will be testing more cars with this Buschur V Band unit going forward
Wake up???... Sounds like you have been hitting the snooze button one too many times Al.

We use this China made Megan catback to est 575whp and 10.9 @ 129.94mph on an OEM turbocharger with a $5XX ACT XTSS and stock flywheel and full weight.

Where is the restriction in our exhaust system oh flow dynamics guru?

Isn't this the same China made crap exhaust that passed your own idiotic "beer can test" with flying colors and bit you in the ***?
Old Feb 18, 2007, 05:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Wake up???... Sounds like you have been hitting the snooze button one too many times Al.

We use this China made Megan catback to est 575whp and 10.9 @ 129.94mph on an OEM turbocharger with a $5XX ACT XTSS and stock flywheel and full weight.

Where is the restriction in our exhaust system oh flow dynamics guru?

Isn't this the same China made crap exhaust that passed your own idiotic "beer can test" with flying colors and bit you in the ***?
If you went 10.9 with the china made exhuast - great news

I went 9.98 with the Buschur 3" - looks like you have a full second left in that exhaust

Carry on
Old Feb 18, 2007, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
And on another point, it would be very nice to see comparisons not only of Buschur vs ebay brand, but Buschur vs a handful of other very popular exhausts like the HKS unit for example. I would love to see that.
It's been done but not recently.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 05:44 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
If you went 10.9 with the china made exhuast - great news

I went 9.98 with the Buschur 3" - looks like you have a full second left in that exhaust

Carry on
I am happy you accomplished that on the AMS turbo kit and Buschur built engine tuned by another tuner with a GT42R on $25/gal racefuel.

Now when you accomplish 10's on the stock turbo at 130, full weight, lets talk.

You would be lucky to have ONE customer with a GT42R car with an exhaust system to test and if you did, it would likely be tuned by one of the reputable AEM tuners.

This is about exhaust flow dynamics on factory turbos, not your GT42R, twin wastegated 50psi turbo.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Al....if buschur can somehow roughen the ID walls of his exhaust, it will outflow any exhaust with the same diameter - same concept sharks zip thru water so effortlessly, same concept some swim teams wear surface modified spandex swim suit.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 06:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlowCar
Al....if buschur can somehow roughen the ID walls of his exhaust, it will outflow any exhaust with the same diameter - same concept sharks zip thru water so effortlessly, same concept some swim teams wear surface modified spandex swim suit.
not following... are u saying smoother isn't better?
Old Feb 18, 2007, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

i dont understand why every body is bashing al,if anything he is trying to help every body out. who else would do this type of testing.i would not by anything of of e-bay,personly.

Quick Reply: Buschur vs Ebay Exhuast Test Results - Round 1