Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur vs Ebay Exhuast Test Results - Round 1

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
not following... are u saying smoother isn't better?
rough is better

shark skin feels like coarse sand paper
Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlowCar
rough is better

shark skin feels like coarse sand paper
interesting
Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

slowcar, what were your gains after your turboback? or were you just dyno'd after the meth?
Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Showbizz41
slowcar, what were your gains after your turboback? or were you just dyno'd after the meth?
the 1st plot was - untuned, stock boost, mbc, 3"tbe works dp, resonated tp, greddy ti..........i was running really rich, bumper was BLACK

the 2nd plot - tuned to 26psig peak with methanol

Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluebyu36
i dont understand why every body is bashing al,if anything he is trying to help every body out. who else would do this type of testing.i would not by anything of of e-bay,personly.
I think most could say that he is totally biased....and the title of the thread is misleading at best....

Al -- I appreciate what you are trying to do, but it could have been done a tad differently IMHO...

I am glad that folks are starting to question what people post....especially when it is false or misleading or does not make sense. It is what these forums were all about a while ago....now so many of the boards have become money machines.

Keep it professional....keep it educational....and keep it fun....

David Buschur and company are a class act and they have done a tremendous job for the evo community. They make great products that have been tested and are always being improved upon. There is no reason to overdue their accomplishments for they speak for themselves....

So Dave -- Thanks a ton for running a great company and helping us all make our cars better and more enjoyable. You rock!
Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I am happy you accomplished that on the AMS turbo kit and Buschur built engine tuned by another tuner with a GT42R on $25/gal racefuel.

Now when you accomplish 10's on the stock turbo at 130, full weight, lets talk.

You would be lucky to have ONE customer with a GT42R car with an exhaust system to test and if you did, it would likely be tuned by one of the reputable AEM tuners.

This is about exhaust flow dynamics on factory turbos, not your GT42R, twin wastegated 50psi turbo.
Actually when I went 9.98 I was on a Gt35R turbo and I was the fastest on a Gt35 R for a long time till others beat my time

Since you do not want to disclose just how you achived your times, if you were using nos and what kind of oxidizers you used, I care not to debate your results.

I can only say that my customer went 11.22 on a stock turbo / stock reflash / stock engine

But sadly we digress
Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by cij911
Al -- I appreciate what you are trying to do, but it could have been done a tad differently IMHO...

I agree that in retrospect I could have entitled it differently - I guess I was very excited by the amazing result
Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SlowCar
Al....if buschur can somehow roughen the ID walls of his exhaust, it will outflow any exhaust with the same diameter - same concept sharks zip thru water so effortlessly, same concept some swim teams wear surface modified spandex swim suit.
of course I concur - good idea
Old Feb 18, 2007, 08:05 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Fwiw

I am really sad that everytime someone post results on any type of tests... people start bashin to the point that it becomes misleading for the readers like me. Take a look at all the evogreen turbo threads around here. My question is.... Why they do not post their timeslips before and after? That way, you will know how really fast your car has become! :-) BTW... I will add the timeslip from my car as soon as i get my car fine tuned for the lil extras I added a few weeks ago.

Al, I appreciate your help on testing the so called "eBay exhaust" versus a BR V-band exhaust. I have to be honest, most of the test pipes and exhaust that are brandless are not full 3"... thus causing some hp/tq loss. IMO, i prefered to pay for a good piece of hardware rather than a cheap quality hardware from Asia or somewhere else (besides Japan of course). Learned that the hard way!

Anyway.... with all the people looking for the minor details to rest credibility of an "apples-to-apples" comparison.... it is important to maintain the same conditions between test specimens to prevent biased results. I am 100% sure that if you remove the perrin cat to an ebay test pipe.... you will get an increase of a few Hp/tq numbers only. And, still the end result will be the same.... BR will outperform the ebay exhaust at top end. It will be a good idea to see those results!

I am glad of this type of threads because of two things....

1. You, Dave and others are continously testing parts for the evo owners to make their OWN decision of what to buy for their car.

2. The EvoM users are now well informed and alert for all the possible misleading/biased information in EvoM.

This is what forums are for... to discuss topics in an instructional manner! Not to bash and insult members!

Thanks All and all the readers to keep us informed!
Old Feb 18, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

There is no diffrence in a full 3" tbe. If it has a cat then the results will be less then without a cat. Buschar buys out of the same factory as everyone else.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wroblewskievo
two things i never understood about the ebay junk.
1. you have a semi expensive car why go cheap?
2.support your local shops or shops in the U.S. dynoflash, ams, buschar, ttr, etc. these guys have been putting in all the hard work for years. why give your money to people who have no interest in the evo community?
Right on! With all the info provided freely by the forum supporters, a little payback is the least we can do.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Wouldn't the added increase in psi account for a good amount of the added whp? Wouldn't a test with the same psi be more accurate?

Same psi and no cats would be an equal test. Or why not only change the catbacks?
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Im not reading all this, because im sure theres tons of bickering, but this question is for Al. Can I get some pictures of the muffler on this ebay exhaust. I know it has come up a lot that about half the ebay exhausts have mufflers with an ID of less than 3 inches, but the other half are full three inch. The muffler is really what killed it IMO. I wonder what would happen if you took a good quality muffler like buschur racing uses and put it on the end of an ebay pipe. Oh, and flex sections are fine, thats like a 1 hp difference at the most, the inside is smooth nearly, its made of three inch rings that overlap.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

This is the dumbest thread ever. Those are uselessresults.. Going from a catted car to non-catted, that right there was a good amount of power pick up.. The only reason you make threads like these is because Dave is your best friend and you both are pushing to sell these units and make everyone think this is the best exhaust on the market

Find a BONE stock Evo and slap on the "el cheapo" exhaust on there, dyno it, then do the same with the "mighty" Buchur exhaust, then you can see REAL numbers

Secondly, when you compare your 1/4 times with TTP, your comparing apples and oranges. TTP-E ran those times with the STOCK turbo, not a GT35R like you.. Did you ever run 10s on stock turbo with full weight? I think not
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:23 AM
Evolving Member

3" pipe is 3" pipe. Dave's style of pipe is not any different from any other 3" pipe.

The test is not an a-b comparision at all. What was the diffrences here? The cat and muffler are the only things that are different.

IMHO it is a far cry to say that Dave makes the best stuff. There are a lot of great vendors out there who make great product. I used to have a 2g awd DSM before I got me Evo, I also had a DB 2.5" TBE on it. Fitment was aweful, flanges were bent and I even found a broken hanger when I finally gave up on the warped flanges. Would he stand behind that product? Nope.

Also, what was the decibal difference between the 2 systems? A DB 3" TBE will get you a ticket in a hurry around here. So now I am forced to keep something quiter on the car.

Quick Reply: Buschur vs Ebay Exhuast Test Results - Round 1