Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

CAUTION: Please read before going to Tuning Technologies

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2007, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Bro, I totally feel your pain, at least sympathetically anyway. My friends NSX was at a shop for over a year and a half trying to switch over to turbo ect... Got to the point where I had to take my Wednesdays off, infiltrate the shop. Working for free on their cars and the NSX just to complete the project. I came to find out that it wasn't only their shop that dragged their feet. AEBS was one. Dali Racing tried to screw us out of $5000.00, but was recovered after 6 mos. of threats. I suppose thats kinda why I do a lot of work myself these days.

As for the post, I would have waited until I yanked my car out of the shop. Sometimes, the repercussions can be overwhelming.

Good luck to you.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is these "shops" bite off more then they can chewy CONSTANTLY, and it hurts progress. I think its hilarious that this chick actually cried when it was all brought upon herself, but thats just my $.02.

You Cali folk are wierd!!!
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

id also like to hear Tuning Tech's side of the story.....

i know its hearsey but, i personally know 2 people who have been quite unhappy W TT but wont post about thier expierience because they dont want to stir up drama.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

that suck bro.....there are too many shady tuning shops out there now a days and that's too bad cause i get real gun shy about tuning my car professionally when i hear stuff like this. Good luck bro.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolution[OH]

As far as Jan goes and her crying, screw that. You can't trust any shop these days
It's Jen, not Jan

Originally Posted by riceball777

i'll take my business to harmen instead of tt after hearing this
It's Harman, not Harmen
Old Mar 16, 2007, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

cliff notes?
Old Mar 16, 2007, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
I'm off to work, but I know that Alfred will post up today to explain what happened. I want eveyone to know that there is definitely two sides to this story. No doubt there were a some delays that were Tuning Technologies fault, but folks would be wise to withhold judgement until both sides of the story are known.
No, I'll pass judgment right now. It's the woman's fault.

That whole thing started to sound like some high school "he said, she said" junk as soon as he started talking to Jen more than Alfred.

Between the crying and begging, avoiding phone calls and voicemails.....Leave your emotions at home!
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

They're are actually more complaint about TT, but like somebody said they prefer not said anything due to getting flame.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

thats great your posting here and not just socalevo. i live in cali. but prefer this forum. i go to socalevo for meets info.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:56 PM

Last thing I would say about TT is them being a shady shop. Overwhelmed with customer projects? Probably. Shady? No. Either way it's probably a learning experience for this shop thats been open for a couple of years who have way more positive word of mouth than customers who had bad experience. So much good word of mouth news about their work has brought in tons of customers. Seems like they barely advertise because of that.

Last time I was there they were talking about moving into a 3 garage dyno garage or something. They are still growing and expanding to meet the demand...
Old Mar 16, 2007, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
If you own automotive shops, why did you go to them in the first place. I would have just had my mechanics put on everything possible and then just got it tuned. I pretty sure you could have had the parts that you ordered shipped to you personally and it also seems like you have a lot of connections in the industry.
just to get this straight, i own a few stereo shops here in los angeles so obviously we do not have a dyno and we are not setup to do this type of work, but true i could have had my mechanics install most of these stuff but honestly i would rather pay someone to do it and not have to worry about it(so, i thought)
Old Mar 16, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

I see this point clearly
I work 65+ hours a week, and be exausted every night.
I would really like to try to work/learn about my car, but my time is limited, plus having a family just really won't work out well.

Two-sided story...hmmm. Well If you do business, you don't cross certain lines, period. I would only promise or give customers exact time frame if I know for sure that it could be done. And if I couldn't, for some reason, I would usually offer discounts/ comps from house. That's how I manage my restaurant. I understand that it's a whole different industry, but concepts are the same...Business is really all about customer and how they can be satisfied. Sure you can't win all, but I want to(lol) at least when I am managing here. That's really the only way to expand and grow more profits...

Good luck to you, hopefully things will get better for you and your car. Sounds like you'll have one nice ride when it's done.

Originally Posted by socalmr
just to get this straight, i own a few stereo shops here in los angeles so obviously we do not have a dyno and we are not setup to do this type of work, but true i could have had my mechanics install most of these stuff but honestly i would rather pay someone to do it and not have to worry about it(so, i thought)
Old Mar 17, 2007, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Akisan2
I see this point clearly
I work 65+ hours a week, and be exausted every night.
I would really like to try to work/learn about my car, but my time is limited, plus having a family just really won't work out well.

Two-sided story...hmmm. Well If you do business, you don't cross certain lines, period. I would only promise or give customers exact time frame if I know for sure that it could be done. And if I couldn't, for some reason, I would usually offer discounts/ comps from house. That's how I manage my restaurant. I understand that it's a whole different industry, but concepts are the same...Business is really all about customer and how they can be satisfied. Sure you can't win all, but I want to(lol) at least when I am managing here. That's really the only way to expand and grow more profits...

Good luck to you, hopefully things will get better for you and your car. Sounds like you'll have one nice ride when it's done.

Since we are in the same situation with a customer at this paticular moment, I would like to share a few things about these types of situations. You absolutely cannot take into account problems that may arise and depending on the level of complication will depend on the time frame needed to remedy the situation. I will use the car that this thread is about exclusivly as an example.

When the AEM was draining the battery, you probably don't realize that it didn't take 2 minutes to figure it. It takes time to figure it out and who knows how long. Anyway you look at it, it needed to be diagnosed and that eats into the work schedule. More than likely you didn't get an extra labor charge to take care of it either. From diagnosing, to removing it, to boxing it, to going to ship it, etc... All of it costs the shop time and time is money. Even if you did get charged, it still takes time and that what I think your biggest problem with this shop is. I understand you had to make some moves to contact AEM, but it is your car and it's your part that caused a problem. You didn't hire the shop to fix your AEM, just to install it. If they did have to do all the extra footwork then you car would be there even longer as this takes time

Now we'll look at when the part arrived. The moment the UPS man dropped it off, I'm sure the shop didn't rip open the package and install it. That's because they weren't waiting around for it. They are a business trying to survive and satisfy other customers by working on other appointments. The shop cannot stop functioning untill your part arrives, and when it does arrive, then the shop resumes. They would go out of business if this were the case. Trust me, the bills for the shop don't get put on pause because your car had problems. As soon as they finished their other appointments and had a chance to do it, I'm sure they they did. They can't just wait around to only work on your car. I wish we had that luxury. You have to realize a shop wants your car out of their place more than the owner of the car does. A car in a shop doing nothing is just a liability for many reasons and it's certainly not being profitable. I wish it could be different.

Same thing goes for missing, broken, or ill fitting parts. Things need to be replaced, fixed, fabricated, sent out, or ordered to remedy these types of problems. All of which take time that cuts into your job, along with cutting into the other appointments that were there before and after your car arrived. It's just a domino effect at times and everyone is affected, including the shop. By no means am I defending anyone here as I don't know any specific facts, just stating how a business like this runs at times. If every job went as planned, then everything could be calculated to the dollar and to the minute. However, life in general does not go entirly as planned and we just need to deal with it.

As a joke, maybe shops should offer insuance, so if there are delays and added costs, you could have a stadby 24 hour strike team to get the job done no matter if the earth burns up due to global warming, LOL! I really hope this enlightens people as to what goes on in these small business's from time to time with delays.

In the closing, the last thing a shops wants is unhappy customers, bad mouthing like this, and the added stress of the whole situation. It affects the shop mentally, physically, and financially in many ways.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Dan @ Pruven
Old Mar 17, 2007, 04:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that you should relax, have a beer and let the shop do their work without you calling them every day. I can see their side of the story. You're in a hurry and your impatience is going to cause them to cut corners. I would be very pissed off if you called my cell phone at night to confirm an appointment BEFORE anything had even gone wrong.

Old Mar 17, 2007, 04:06 PM

lol wow you are on evo m also , your fingers must hurt from all the typing .. Hope it all works out for ya man..

Quick Reply: CAUTION: Please read before going to Tuning Technologies