Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ebay Exhaust and Perrin Cat: fitment and pics

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebay Exhaust and Perrin Cat: fitment and pics

Prices:
$270 shipped for the ebay exhaust, which as everyone already knows, is a 3" turbo back exhaust.
$220 shipped for the Perrin high flow catalytic converter.

Issues:
1. The ebay exhaust came with a donut gasket that measured approximately 2" across. That, of course, wouldn't do, so the stock one was used.
2. The DP did not clear my transfer case. So Dan at AMS put a hammer to it. It now fits.
3. The pictures I took of the Perrin HFC do no do it justice. I placed it in front of the brick wall in an effort to show how you could still see the pattern of the brick wall when looking through the Perrin HFC. So, you'll have to believe me. Or you can check the dyno results on another thread I posted.

I'm really happy with the results. There are, of course, gains to be had with a test pipe. And I could have saved $220 on the HFC. So, one could spend all of $270, shipped, plus your install fees, and get over 20whp on just parts. It's a pretty good deal.
Attached Thumbnails Ebay Exhaust and Perrin Cat: fitment and pics-gay-gasket.jpg   Ebay Exhaust and Perrin Cat: fitment and pics-dp-clearance.jpg   Ebay Exhaust and Perrin Cat: fitment and pics-perrin-cat.jpg   Ebay Exhaust and Perrin Cat: fitment and pics-cat-brick-wall.jpg  
Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Do you remember the name of the seller on eBay that sold you this exhaust?

Thanks,
Old Jun 1, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mywave
Do you remember the name of the seller on eBay that sold you this exhaust?

Thanks,
xs_power

btw, it appears that he is no longer a registered user. if anyone is interested, pm me as i would like to sell the exhaust. the JDM angle isn't compatible with a diffuser that i recently picked up.