Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Nightmare from Victorville Mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just picked up my car today from Linden, NJ. Didnt want to wait any longer. Kenny, the sales associate, told me that the car was detailed and the tank was topped off before it got picked up, but when I got to the DAS terminal today the whole car was filthy, and on the invoice from when it was picked up the DAS driver noted that the car was "Very Dirty" in the comment section. Im not just talking about the outside either. There was a thick film on the insides of all the windows, and about a years worth of dust on everything. Under the hood looked horrendous as well. Pics will be posted soon btw. And to top off my great experience, the shift knob was missing. Thats right, I had to drive to a nearby auto parts store and buy a cheap *** POS shift knob and put it on so I wasnt shifting with the threads of the shifter the whole way home. What a great experience with Victorville. O, and the Bill of sale wasnt in the glove box like they said either. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but its way too late to keep on with my rant now. At least I'm boosting again, too bad they completely screwed up my whole buying experience with getting my Evo...
Old May 19, 2007, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

You're a bit more forgiving than I would have been. Seeing the car in that condition I would have let them deliver it to the dealership or taken it there myself and given them hell.
Old May 19, 2007, 06:53 AM

So glad to hear your nightmare is coming to an end. I too purchased my 9 from out of state (Don Herring And DAS). I was convinced i was gonna get the same raw deal you unfortunately got but i was set on a WW ssl so i held my breath and......everything went perfectly and the car got to Linden a day early and it was clean and ready to go when i arrived. The Title arrived the next day via Fed-Ex and we all lived happily ever after.

The moral of my story is that this whole shipping a car thing is'nt ALWAYS a nightmare. Hope everything works out for you!
Old May 19, 2007, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

I'd ask Victorville to send you the missing shift knob and paperwork.
Old May 19, 2007, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Call Ur Local News Station & Get Their Azzes On The News!!!!! That Will Get It Resolved Faster Than A Roach Can Run When The Lights Come On...
Old May 20, 2007, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Take comfort in the fact that with 1200 views of your thread, Victorville probably lost at least 1-2 Evo sales.

That's bull****. What a bunch of clowns. Sorry about your experience -- buying and getting in your Evo should be fun and exciting.

Get it cleaned up and send the bill to Victorville, along with a demand for a shiftnob.

Don't look back, just enjoy your new Evo now.
Old May 20, 2007, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Dude, that's just wrong what they did to you. I would've just asked them to cancel the deal, and looked elsewhere.
Old May 24, 2007, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

I live in Texas and when I do make my Evo purchase (oh yes, I will be getting one) if it just happens to be in California or where ever, I will fly out there and drive it back myself just to make sure everything is exactly as it should be when I take it off the lot -- mileage be damned.
Old May 24, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

pics everyone.
Old May 30, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

So I just read this I am going though a Nightmare as well. If that car when it does get to me isnt ****ing spotless as they told me it was going into an inclosed conex I will do something. What ? IDK
Old May 30, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Gary (service manager)told me last monday that he would send me out the shift knob either that day or the following day. Suprise Suprise, it still hasn't arrived. So I called today to get the tracking number and the shipping dept never got the order to ship anything...the person in parts told me that they would call me back to verify nothing was shipped, but that was 4 hours ago. If I lived in Cali I would be in jail right now!
Old May 31, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Unreal. I would try to deal with a local dealership if you can and avoid Shictorville like the plague.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

so I called back later wednesday night and the person in the shipping department said that they would overnight me one out and I should have it by friday at the latest. I called today to get the tracking number and the person told me that they didn't have my phone number so they couldn't call me back to tell me that they were all out of shift knobs. She said that they were getting a shipment monday and they would overnight me one out on monday....Personally, I give it another week. How can one company survive if they are so well rounded at being so ****ed up!?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Man, Victorville's problems are never-ending.
Let's hope you get the shift knob Tuesday, but I have a suspicion it may take longer.
Did you get the car detailed or cleaned up to get rid of the dirt/dust everywhere from shipping? If you took it somewhere, you should send the bill to Victorville -- they apparently handed it off to the shipping co. in that condition. Probably 10% chance of getting reimbursed, but it can't hurt.
Post pics if you can...
Old Jun 5, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

I called about 20 mins ago, and some guy in parts told me they got there shipment but that they missed the overnight deadline for today, so its looking like thursday at the earliest. ****ing bastards!

Quick Reply: Nightmare from Victorville Mitsubishi