Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Carbonworks: Negative Review!

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Carbonworks: Negative Review!

I was finally given the okay to leave this negative review for Carbonworks... from the EvolutionM staff... since he didnt keep his word (once again... to them this time) by having the splitter shipped to me on the agreed date he promised the EvolutionM staff in order to have this resolved.

This guy (Jonathan owner of Carbonworks) would not refund my money for a custom carbon fiber splitter I designed, paid for but not yet received, or produced and have it shipped to me

Carbonworks constantly says the items is on its way (since March 2007) ...BUT its May 2007 and I still havent received anything from him.

Constantly lies and say I knew it would take a long time to make the splitter, when in fact he promised me to make it in a few weeks...

see his pattern below... included are some of the dates he promised to ship, but every week he delays and gives me a latter date that he says he guarentees to get it to me by... but every promised shipping date, I get nothing!

No matter what he writes... I was one of his FIRST customers (he knows this)
I designed the splitter for my car... but yet other Evo's are running it in MA on the track and his car has one too... BUT where the %$#@ is mine! ....and he doesnt see why im upset.

Read below to see the stuff this guy pulls!
From the begining...
I was putting together a time attack car and designed a front splitter for my evo... I usually order carbon fiber parts from a company in the U.K., but since the shipping was expensive I decided to look around.

One day here on EvolutionM ... Jonathan the owner of Carbonworks formerly known as (fromvr4toevo) posted up info about his new company Carbonworks and how is in the process of becoming an EvoM vendor.

I contacted him, told him what I had planned and my timelines and how much the other companies were charging me for a custom splitter.

I specifically told him I needed the splitter by March 2007 (In time for shows)

Jonathan said "no problem"

Told me the price was going to $500... a couple dollars more than the other company was going to charge me...

Jonathan insisted that I go with his company... because he can get it to me faster and he will roll the edges of the splitter for me.

I sent payment(s) in January 2007, via paypal

Date:
Jan. 3, 2007

Time:
15:16:48 PST
Completed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Payment Sent (ID #20836769J1409503S)

Name:
XXXXX XXXXXX
Email:
readyysteadygo@hotmail.com

Subject:
SPLITTER payment 1 of 2

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds
Funding Source:
$350.00 USD - PayPal Account

This transaction is subject to a buyer Complaint, Chargeback or an Unauthorized Claim. Go to the Resolution Center to resolve this issue. [/COLOR]

Date:
Jan. 13, 2007

Time:
11:20:46 PST
Completed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Payment Sent (ID #1ME91803FR404514L)

Name:
XXXXX XXXXXX
Email:
readyysteadygo@hotmail.com

Subject:
payment 2 of 2
Note:
Splitter payment 2 of 2

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds
Funding Source:
$150.00 USD - PayPal Account

This transaction is subject to a buyer Complaint, Chargeback or an Unauthorized Claim. Go to the Resolution Center to resolve this issue.

....Then sent the design around the 16th since his design wasnt looking to hot.

Jonathan then set up the date for pickup the weekend of Feb 17/18 2007... he said it would be ready in time for my show the begining of March.

Feb 14, 2007, 06:33 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=251537

I designed an undertray / front splitter with the help of CarbonWorks... I will be picking it up this weekend

will post pics once installed and widebody kit is installed and painted...

working on a rear diffuser

THEN On the 16th of March, Jonathan called me and said we wont be able to meet up, not all the resin for the carbon fiber came in (first excuse)

I was a little upset but understanding, so agreed on a later date in March...

Jonathan called me on the date he was supposed to provide a tracking number and said " The shop dog broke the splitter" (second excuse)

Once again upset I was understanding and explained that NO MORE EXCUSES! I really needed the splitter for HIN Dulles for a photoshoot scheduled.

Jonathan said he guarenteed I'd have it it time for the body shop to put it on for HIN Dulles... once again didnt receive anything the agreed date. Called Jonathan ... No answer, no replies to emails and texts...

The thursday before HIN Dulles roll in, Jonathan promised to overnight the splitter... once again never happened

Jonathan then promised I'll have it by the Boston HIN, ... I never received it!

-----> Jonathan even told the EvoM staff CharlesJ that he would get it to me by the Philly show... It still hasnt shipped according to his latest thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=carbonworks

Just to make a long story short this vendor makes promises he cant keep

IM STILL WAITING...

ship now or send refund now!

recent excuses!

May 1, 2007, 02:33 PM

Re: splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentsearch301
tracking info/ shipping info/ status????
this is the week!

I know this is the week but its not shiped yet wends or thurs it will go over night.

May 07, 2007, 12:14:26 AM

Re:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DO U UNDERSTAND.I TOLD U THE SHIPPING INFO IS @ THE SHOP.WAIT UNTILL MONDAY I WILL GET THAT AND STOP THE BULL. IT HAS NOT BEEN 5 MONTHS.

Last edited by talentsearch301; May 13, 2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old May 13, 2007, 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh hell no.
Old May 13, 2007, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

wow that sucks.
Old May 13, 2007, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the heads up, Hope everything works out for you man..
Old May 13, 2007, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

and to think i was going to send them my business of getting the interior laid in CF, lol.

sorry man
Old May 13, 2007, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

WOW.... the "shop dog broke the splitter"!!!!!!!

Old May 13, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear about your issue with them. sucks cause i really wanted to do my interior in cf. guess ill have to wait and see how this gets resolved, and how future evom. customers are handled. i sure as hell dont want to be one of the first customers and have to go through this.

anyone in mass want to go down and check this place out? it would be cool for a local guy to at least make sure this place is ligitimate.im sure they have an address. im in philly, but if/when i get back home to boston i might have to swing by this place just to see how ligit it is.
Old May 13, 2007, 12:10 PM

No more excuses that is more than a sufficient ammount of time to get things cleared up!
Old May 13, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Dam
Old May 13, 2007, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by God Given
No more excuses that is more than a sufficient ammount of time to get things cleared up!
Agreed.
Old May 13, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

The fact that someone lies about a ship date is just about sad, especially when the owner has been posting and boasting the company. poor business
Old May 13, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

God after reading his large capital bold post i tried reading everyone Else and i could barley read it, Im like dammn thats small

And i agree you are not adding points to yourself by posting like that,
Old May 13, 2007, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

This issue is something serious... I wonder since the shipping info is at the shop has the piece been shipped? By the original post, it HAS been 5 months, unless Carbonworks is expecting us to believe he wrote all of that himself...

I'm sorry to say, but I'm going to have to go with talentsearch301 on this one!
Old May 14, 2007, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

wow... thats all I have for you.... Just wow.
Old May 16, 2007, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

In an effort to keep this thread open, I have gone through and deleted a number of posts. Many of these posts where not breaking rules, but referenced the post that was. I will ask the vendor to remake their response.

Quick Reply: Carbonworks: Negative Review!