Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Why SLS (Straight Line Specialties) should be avoided

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sorry to hear that carlos i bought my 02housing from buschur racing and ive never had a problem with it you should get it.
there are many vendors in here that act the same and its a shame that people act this way.
but thanks for posting iam never buying jack from those guys
Old May 1, 2007, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SaxGopher
I know exactly how you feel! I learned my lesson about these guys a while back on a DSM clutch. They told me that it had shipped out the day I bought it. However, it took two months to get to me because they "forgot" to tell me that it was back ordered.

Even though I live in Minot, North Dakota and it only usually takes two days of shipping to get here, I'm never buying from them again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the issue, they did not forget to ship it, they know what they are doing, they are a bunch of incompetent, liars, slackers that sells overpriced parts without testing them.

This topic will eventually built up with DSM and Evo customers complaining about the same stuff:

shioppment not received
bull$hit responses voiding the true
overprice products
poor customer service
bad part fittment
and last but not least, no support on our forum.

Carlos
Old May 1, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE:1 MAY 2007 5PM Tucson time

Did I mentioned the word hassle? . Well, I had to ride my motorcycle to work again (I hate it) then I had to go and pick up the part that I dropped off yesterday on a fabrication shop.

The 02 housing was worped in both sides an average of 15 thousands of a inche, you could basicly almost slide a credit card thought it.

The part has been resurfaced and I am installing it today. The machinist operator told me that there is not much room to shave and that he will not charge me any money if the part doesn't fit.

I would have to lay down beneath my car and install this damn o2 housing and check for fittment. I stay strong on my comments, stay away from this vendor, go with a known reliable vendor.

Carlos
Old May 1, 2007, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carlos who did you speak with over the phone I'm still having trouble.

Scorke
Old May 2, 2007, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.fargostreet.com/forums/sh...524#post167524

Scorke
Old May 2, 2007, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Carlos who did you speak with over the phone I'm still having trouble.

Scorke

Scorke,

I swear I wished who I spoke with but I don't so I don't want to make up a name. I can tell you for sure that I made at least a half dozen phone calls which I can prove with time,date and duration.

I also have the prove from extremepsi manager which received a phone call from SLS asking him to send me the part.

My lady works at a bank and she does credit card disputes so we are in excellent hands. Ask slowcar(Abner) we helped him when he had trouble with PDT (former tuner known as Precision Dyno tuning).

I read the link you posted, basicly SLS diks around with peoples money, in my particular case it was the actual product and not the money but I wasn't too far off from having to initiate a credit card dispute. Just keep in mind that the limit to make a claim on a visa card is 90 days.

I am sending you a PM with a private number to call.

Carlos
Old May 10, 2007, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Got my refund finally in full.

SLS remedied the situation, still pissed that it was months overdue but I have my money back.

Scorke
Old May 10, 2007, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Man you should have just gotten a custom one made for you. VIP Garage fabricated one for my GT35r kit that is a 3'' v-tube design that was also coated for only $300 including the labor of test fitting it etc... I hate to see people have bad experiences, especially if there is a local shop that you can deal with. Good luck!
Old May 11, 2007, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Got my refund finally in full.

SLS remedied the situation, still pissed that it was months overdue but I have my money back.

Scorke
I am glad to see you got your money back.

Carlos
Old May 11, 2007, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a GARBAGE company to me. Good place to post this, talk about damaging a reputation, good job!<----not sarcastic
Old May 11, 2007, 03:40 PM

Good thing there's only one side to a story and Scorke is not a whiner <--sarcastic
I've ordered many parts from SLS without one incident, sometimes you have to wait longer than expected, but that goes with just about everything in life. Get off your high horse and grow a backbone and admit that you got upset because (in a three year old little girl's voice) " I want it and I want it now", so you backed out of an order. Then your card expired, but that's SLS responsibility to get your card working right. It will take more than a couple whiney guys to take a business down, so don't get all excited. In spite I ordered a top mount manifold from them for a future project just to make sure there are around to take care of real car guys in the future.
Old May 11, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
Old May 11, 2007, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Well, you can complain about the hassle and stuff but you can't really complain about the workmanship because it didn't come from SLS, it came fom extremepsi.
SLS isn't some brand new vendor either. They've been around for at LEAST 4-5 yrs...
I've never bought anything from them so I guess that's all I can add.
Old May 11, 2007, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GilmerGST
Good thing there's only one side to a story and Scorke is not a whiner <--sarcastic
I've ordered many parts from SLS without one incident, sometimes you have to wait longer than expected, but that goes with just about everything in life. Get off your high horse and grow a backbone and admit that you got upset because (in a three year old little girl's voice) " I want it and I want it now", so you backed out of an order. Then your card expired, but that's SLS responsibility to get your card working right. It will take more than a couple whiney guys to take a business down, so don't get all excited. In spite I ordered a top mount manifold from them for a future project just to make sure there are around to take care of real car guys in the future.
Dude you have no idea how it went down at all.

I removed my turbokit because it was sold, I needed a new setup sooner rather than later because my car is my DD. I talked with SLS many times telling them exactly what I needed and when I needed it. Only upon being told that they had them IN STOCK did I order it.

This is from february 22nd-
11:27:32 AM slsfab: what'd ya need?
11:28:02 AM evilevo11: hey there
11:28:26 AM evilevo11: haha yeah just looking for a final number on what a maniofold, wastegate dump and o2 dump would run me, you said 900 for the mani and the wastegate dump i believe?
11:28:46 AM slsfab: yeah $1150 shipped for the 3
11:46:57 AM evilevo11: k
11:47:01 AM evilevo11: and you have all in stock?
11:47:04 AM evilevo11: and where are you located?
11:47:08 AM slsfab: ND
11:47:12 AM slsfab: in stock

So obviously, I was told they had it in STOCK. If they said no, I wouldnt of expected my products within say, a week, but after being dicked around for two with no straight answer of what was or wasnt happening I decided that SLS wasn't for me. So after cancelling the order after 2 weeks, calling them repeated times, getting the run around in terms of "I told my boss but he hasn't done it yet" I felt the need to cancel my order.

Then you go on to mock me about the credit card situation. My CC expired on the first day of May. I cancelled the order in february. Unless it takes 2 months for the bank to process a refund, which is BULL ****, they just held onto my money for 2 months because they felt like it, or most likely because they needed it.

Again, the wait wouldnt of been an issue if it wasn't for my particular circumstances and the fact that they said it was in stock. They claimed the wait was for welding the Tial 44mm flange on, but seriously how long does it take to weld on a flange?

I see no need for the tone in your post. Now that you ordered your manifold post a picture when you recieve it, I would be interested to see how many weeks it takes.

Scorke

p.s.- Yes it takes more than one bad transaction for a company to go down, but from the stories I have been hearing from other customer and people on the fargostreet forums which is from there home town, straightline is run by a bunch of kids trying to run a shop of one of their daddies bankroll's by getting outside shops to produce there parts for them.

Sadly if they keep up this act they are destined to fail.
Old May 11, 2007, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GilmerGST
On one side I am glad for you because you haven't had any issues therefore you have no reasons to complaint.

I don't know about you or your personal life but myself I mean business, wether I buy a car or two cars or spent $10000, $20000 per year in car parts I mean business and I demand a decent customer service.

I am not any 3 year old whiney girl like you insinuate. I am a fountain of business for any vendor that is willing to provide me what I am looking for (a decent customer service and a shippment of parts in a timely manner.

I don't have time to bull$hit with a vendor that does not met the standards. The standards are bare minimum:

Send the ***in part that the customer pay for it and don't bull$hit around.
Don't make the customer wait
Don't lie to the customer telling them that the part already shippped when it did not shipped.
Send a freaking invoice like I asked for 3 times and not have to wait for 30 days.

In top of that, the part was worped and needed to be resurfaced at my own expenses.
I also had to remove the part twice and pay the shop for the first time to have it installed because I was working 12 hours shifts.
The part wouldn't allow the o2 sensor to be installed on the oem location so again I had to take the downpipe and had to pay a shop to weld a o2 bung. Additionally I had to go shopping for a 02 bung
and last but not least the o2 hosuing did not come with studs so again I had to go shoping for studs.

I think you and me are in two different leagues. Again I am happy that you got your parts everytime, I am not happy about the customer service (if any) I received. I am not going to hold you from saying positive things about your experiences, go ahead , that is your right but please do not question or try to defend SLS on my particular case because that is not your business.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; May 11, 2007 at 09:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Why SLS (Straight Line Specialties) should be avoided