Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Why SLS (Straight Line Specialties) should be avoided

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2007, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good point tonyb, he's got you there....can't compain about the part, just the customer service you got. The part came from another company
Old May 11, 2007, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bsander23
good point tonyb, he's got you there....can't compain about the part, just the customer service you got. The part came from another company
No, that is completely wrong. Extremepsi sent me the part because they had it in stock but they are just distribuitors.

Just to give you an example, most of the vendors on this forum sell Greddy parts but they don't fabricate them they are just distribuitors.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; May 11, 2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old May 11, 2007, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

these guys sound like real tools.....
Old May 17, 2007, 09:49 AM

StraightlineSpecialties

Just to bring everyone up to speed with the issues with Straightline. The owner,Nick Tufte decided to get invloved once he saw our post and claimed we were wrongly spreading bad news about his organization. Well he promised to credit us with the $1150 they owe some ten days ago and guess what absolutely nothing.

We have sent an eMail to them every day and they have not even had the courtesy to respond. It's either terrible customer service or duplicity - let you all decide. We have raised a claim with the BBB in ND and will be filing with the small claims court for full restituion. Will let you all know how this turns out but anyone reading this forum should be careful about who you go to for parts.
Old May 17, 2007, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

^- What he said. Although we had a nice little piece of paper saying refund with the invoice and all NOTHING has come through.

Scorke
Old May 17, 2007, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Why SLS (Straight Line Specialties) should be avoided

Just to bring it back up to everybodies attention SLS although had claimed to process and refund my money nothing has come through.

They sent a nice little invoice with a "refund" reciept attached but still no money has actually been returned.

If the mods could also explain why the old thread was taken down that would be appreciated as it is obvious that they have some real issues with customer service, and frankly their honesty.

Again, SLS owes me 1150 dollars, and has for months, after weeks of complaining and communicating with them, still nothing.

As far as I am concerned they are nothing but crooks.

WRXtoEvo has had trouble with them aswell, it really is a shame as they had me fooled that they had processed the refund where clearly this is not the case. These guys make RNR look legit.....

Scorke
Old May 17, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

I hate to hear that. I will def avoid them in the future. Have you contacted charlesj about this? He helped me get most of my money refunded from Lancershop and was easy to deal with.
Old May 17, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, it's not something he can do either, its just SLS being shady, car is together Will, getting tuned on saturday but Sean Ivey

Wish these guys would refund my cash so I can be on my merry way!

Scorke
Old May 17, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Wow that sucks, I was looking at getting one of their manifolds.. I hear good things about their stuff, but I guess you have to get it first hehe
Old May 17, 2007, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah they look pretty and are polite over the phone, however from what I told outsource all there fab work, welding, and tend to be really slack about getting thigns done.

Supposedly the "shop" is funded by one of the owners father, who gave them some cash and said go ahead. This is what happens when you give some irresponsible kids money to start a "business".

Scorke
Old May 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
Just to bring it back up to everybodies attention SLS although had claimed to process and refund my money nothing has come through.

.............................If the mods could also explain why the old thread was taken down that would be appreciated as it is obvious that they have some real issues with customer service, and frankly their honesty.

Scorke

That is easy. It wasn't removed and now you have two threads going on the same topic. I'll merge them.
Old May 17, 2007, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, I have that document sitting on my kitchen table.

I wanted to and did believe the refund was sent but being how you handled the previous problems we had I have to be doubtfull that you had done anything on your end.

Also you can remove that image, or black out my address too if you don't mind, I don't think you would want your address posted up on the forums after threads like these....

Scorke
Old May 17, 2007, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

SLS- Why don't you call the bank and see what they say, as you obviously claim that it is an issue with them, as we have contacted them and you multiple times..... yet you never seem to get back to us.

A refund will take 3-5 days to process according to the bank of america, it took you two months to even try to refund my money.

Why should I believe that you have done anything that you say or post when over the course of the past few months all I have recieved is the run around from your employees.

Scorke
Old May 17, 2007, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
That is easy. It wasn't removed and now you have two threads going on the same topic. I'll merge them.
Sorry it was a copy and paste from my post on there local forums, where it was taken down.

Also, you can "UnMerge" because this isn't my thread and my issue with SLS is completely independent and different than wrxtoevo's thread.

If you could put up my inital thread that would be great, or I shall post up another one, totally one thread.

Scorke
Old May 17, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Hey SLS, how about that violation of customer privacy? I bet the feds would LOVE to see this, because posting scorkes info like that, especially after he requested it removed, is ILLEGAL!!!!! If I were scorke, I would be adding this to the complaint to the BBB. I agree with scorke, 2 months is rediculous! CC refunds are not that slow. Why did you not call YOUR bank to confirm that the refund that you were suppose to initiate was in fact being processed? From scorke's prior postings, it seems that he is in contact with his bank, which apparently still hasnt recieve any refund like transactions. Why cant you do the same for him? That would clear this whole mess up if it is indeed an issue with the CC company.

Quick Reply: Why SLS (Straight Line Specialties) should be avoided