Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur Racing Deluxe FMIC

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur Racing Deluxe FMIC

After I purchased my Buschur Race IC (Review Here), I was very happy with it and obviously my friends saw how much I liked it. One of my friends recently bought a Buschur Deluxe IC on my suggestion.

The IC was very well packed and did not appear to be damaged during shipping. The deluxe IC comes with the lower pipe shown here

Here is the Deluxe compared to the stock IC

Even though Buschur pressure tests their cores before they ship them out, I decided to play it safe and also pressure test the core. There were no leaks up to 40 psi.

Having done the install on my Race IC, I thought this install would take no time at all. Unfortunately this was not the case. The Turbo Outlet pipe connected to the turbo without any trouble. However, the IC – LICP connection was not great but by playing around with the couplers and clamps a bit we got it on. It was touching the bottom of the frame though.

The IC – UICP connection was also off by a fair amount. I am not sure if this was due to the fact that my friend chose to retain the factory UICP. Below is a picture of the UICP still bolted to the factory supports.

Update: after speaking with Buschur they told us that the deluxe core is designed to work with their UICP and that while it will work with the stock UICP the fit will not be great. My friend has since ordered a Buschur UICP, I will post pics when he gets it in.

As you can see they don’t line up. We unbolted the factory UICP from all its mounts and maneuvered the stock IC couplers as much as possible until we were able to get it to line up. Now the UICP is rubbing against the bracket for the ACD as seen in the picture.

Ultimately we were able to get the IC installed.

Overall, I would say that the fit was not really all that great. I found this to be very surprising since the fit on my Race IC was perfect and could not have been any better.

Update: Buschur UICP is on the way and should fix the problem with the piping not aligning properly.

With all that said, despite the problems during the install the IC does seem to work quite well. No boost leaks, very little pressure drop, and the car no longer seems to heat soak during long pulls.

Update : POWER!! - Today we did a couple pulls on the highway and used data log lab to analyze the results. Pre Intercooler pulls show power at 320HP and 300TQ. Post Intercooler pulls show power at 350HP and 310TQ. According to Data Log Lab, which has proved to be very accurate in the past, there is an increase of 30HP and 10TQ. Very nice gains!!

Last edited by dudical26; Jun 8, 2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old May 18, 2007, 11:19 PM
5k6
Evolving Member

VIII or IX ?
Old May 18, 2007, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

IX, This was my car..
Old May 19, 2007, 12:13 AM

beautimus......cooler looks MEAN! nothin wrong with second guessing bro, if you have the equipment mise well.
Old May 19, 2007, 01:46 AM
Evolved Member

I'm surprised about the fitment issues... Have you contacted any one from Buschur to ask?
Old May 19, 2007, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

They were closed by the time I did the install, and they are closed during the weekend, I will get in touch with them monday morning to see what they suggest.
Old May 21, 2007, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

bump for answers?
Old May 21, 2007, 11:39 AM
Former Sponsor

As we spoke on the phone, for the stock upper i/piping you do need to unbolt them from the stock mounting tabs in order for you to move the pipes around a bit. Everything is good now and I am glad you are making great power. I will give you a heads up with the other things you ordered today as soon as I can sir. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old May 21, 2007, 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Oh, and I think you have a very large bird in your garage somewhere, .
Old May 21, 2007, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

so does this intercooler use a different turbo outlet pipe then stock?

Also, what are the advantages of having the air enter the back of the intercooler?
Old May 21, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Yes the IC comes with a different turbo outlet pipe.

The advantage of having the air enter the back is the shorter distance of piping.
Old May 21, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nick@Buschurs
Oh, and I think you have a very large bird in your garage somewhere, .
Huh?
Old May 21, 2007, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Look at the car shot from the front around the hood vent area
Old May 21, 2007, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nick@Buschurs
Look at the car shot from the front around the hood vent area
gross
Old May 21, 2007, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Looks mean on there.

Slightly OT... does the Race front mount have the same configuration on the hot side (as in pipe enters backside of end tank instead of traditional cores/pipes that connect on the ends)? Thinking about getting the Race core but don't feel like shelling out for another LICP.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing Deluxe FMIC