Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

dynoflash vs. others

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2007, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by groove304
bhennesy,
I am so glad you asked this question. I am in the same boat. I know some of the guys at Vivid. Awesome facility. Great products and prices. I sent a PM to Mitch asking the same question. I prefer to take my business there.

Then there is the almighty DynoComp. They had a Lambo sit on thier showroom floor for a month for christ sake. They deal with some of the most high-end cars you will see. They seem to cater to STi's for some reason though. Being in Scottsdale with the rep they have and surrounded by money they are super expensive.

I have also heard good things about Mynes. I think it's kinda far from the Phoenix/Scottsdale area??

Then we have the option of doing a mail in or email flash for as little as $50! I do want the car dynoed and tuned as well. But keeping cost in mind... I need some advice too.... Any info would be appreciated.
Hey guys, we charge a flat fee of $500 for a Custom tune (dyno time included); however, we don't tune cars that have BIG turbos running on STOCK blocks... we stand behind our work and will take care of you down the road as well

Pls call the shop if you have any questions. We do require prior notice since we are doing a few custom builds at the moment and are constantly using the dyno for testing and tuning.

cheers.
mike
Old May 31, 2007, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

Mynes is a cool shop but they want $500 for a tune on the dyno. They can work with the factory ecu no problem. Big Al is good if he is willing to come out again... I would just stay local and go to Mynes. I have been there a couple of times and they have been more than helpful and very professional.

Last edited by Dinothegreat; May 31, 2007 at 01:19 AM.
Old May 31, 2007, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Most on dyno tuning is going to run you 400-500. That's not expensive, that's a pretty standard rate these days. I know of some places that charge $1000 +
Old May 31, 2007, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

So Mynes is in Mesa? Not as far as I thought. $500 doesn't seem that bad for a custom tune and dyno time. I have to check out the prices at Vivid too. Thanks for the help.
Old May 31, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm.. I got my custom Street Tune from Kunal for 150$.. Seems like i got a steal from looking at these prices. Personally a Dyno Tune is a simulated Street tune. I prefer a street tune as the tuner can focus on tunning the car exactly where it's going to be run..
Old May 31, 2007, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

DYNOFLASH FTL~!

custom dyno ecuflash FTW~!

i gained 35 more TQ and HP by going to Doug @ topspeed for a tune.
Old May 31, 2007, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Dynoflashes ECU flash is definitely on the rich and safe side. If you are looking for optimum performance then you will need a custom flash. An e-flash will also work for you if you don't want to pay a lot. The going rate is around $50 and just be sure that you buy from a company that will tweak it a few times when you send them your logs.