Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

No Limit motors, my review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007 | 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

I've been dealing with No Limit for a number of years and have never had an issue with any of my orders or their customer service.
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 04:22 AM
Evolving Member

dude things like this happen sometimes,you do realise that its summer time.Everybody and there grandma is ordering parts and these guys are trying there hardest to fullfill our orders in a timely manner.it has happend to all of us but posting about it after he is willing to make it right doesn't help either.
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Hey those are some good excuses, you could have a future in parts sales! Fact is, he couldnt make it right. After waiting 2 months for parts, I wasn't interested in "we'll look out for you on your next order".
I told him long before this thread was started I was going to post a review. So I did, and everyone can read whats posted and decide for themselves if they want to do business with No Limit.
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

1000 Good Reviews and 1 bad. I'll just stick with No Limit for purchases. +1 No Limit.
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

+2 no limit, good people over there
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Just for the record it hasnt been two mouths, it hasnt even been two months today since you ordered it. It hasnt even been a month and a half from the day you ordered it till today. It wasnt even close to two months from the day you ordered it to the day you got it.

Originally Posted by Bonestock!
Hey those are some good excuses, you could have a future in parts sales! Fact is, he couldnt make it right. After waiting 2 months for parts, I wasn't interested in "we'll look out for you on your next order".
I told him long before this thread was started I was going to post a review. So I did, and everyone can read whats posted and decide for themselves if they want to do business with No Limit.
Old Jun 12, 2007 | 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Chris, April 20th to June 4th from start to finish. Furthermore it was over a month from the time I paid till all the parts arrived. I'd say thats an excessive amount of time. I don't think thats really debatable.

Last edited by Bonestock!; Jun 12, 2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2007 | 08:36 PM
Account Disabled

Chris, April 20th to June 4th from start to finish. Furthermore it was over a month from the time I paid till all the parts arrived. I'd say thats an excessive amount of time. I don't think thats really debatable.

you sent me a PM on 4/20 asking me about my used downpipe, you sent payment in the first weeks in may. Yes it was a long time, but it still was nowhere near 2 months.

regardless, Thank you everyone who understands that we are human and I made a mistake with one person and sh*t happened. It sucks but it happened. Like he said above, HES NOT LOOKING TO GET TAKEN CARE OF IN THE FUTURE, he's only goal here is to hurt our business. Thats cool as we're not interested in doing business with him in the future anymore either.

To anyone else that is unhappy with my customer service, unfortunately I'm not at my desk much during the day, i also do some installs, run the dyno, run errands, clean up (every so often, lol) and other things as well. I'm in my seat the least amount at the shop and alot of times I take orders when i can and i'm hard to reach on the phone or through PM, e-mail, IM, etc... I'm Sorry for this and I wish it was different but we're swamped with business in every direction right now. I mean well just like my other employees and we do everything we can to keep up with all of our customers.

Steve, Jesse, everyone else, thanks for the positive words and I look foward to your business as well as everyone elses in the future.
Old Jun 13, 2007 | 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

ive dealt with steve with my act/prolight flywheel combo, at a steal deal and it came quick also ive delt with chris with my cosworth cams, ti retainers, o2 housing, it came earlier then i thought, i know u guys get a ton of orders per day, people slip, GL, like catching a bunch of marbles and 1 happens to fall through. happens bra
Old Jun 14, 2007 | 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steve@NoLimitmotors
you sent me a PM on 4/20 asking me about my used downpipe, you sent payment in the first weeks in may. Yes it was a long time, but it still was nowhere near 2 months.

regardless, Thank you everyone who understands that we are human and I made a mistake with one person and sh*t happened. It sucks but it happened. Like he said above, HES NOT LOOKING TO GET TAKEN CARE OF IN THE FUTURE, he's only goal here is to hurt our business. Thats cool as we're not interested in doing business with him in the future anymore either.

I contacted you to the buy the Downpipe on April 20th in response to the following thread
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=265680

After a few PM's you dragged your feet up to the time I sent you the following PM:

Dude am I actually going to get to buy this downpipe or what? I dont have time to be di*ked around and can just go elsewhere.

Once you got off your butt and started trying to provide some customer service you were paid on May 1st. Now I should point out it wasnt late in the day or anything but actually BEFORE nolimit even opened. You had ample time to get may parts together and get them shipped. Did you? No. Refer to BS excuses you gave me in post 1. You lied over the next 2 weeks.

Imagine my surprise when the package finally did arrive only to be short!

Re: DC downpipe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Quote:
Package arrived today. Where is the 2 bolt 3" exhaust flange and where is the CEL fix? I cant believe after a 2 week shipping delay you shorted my order!!!!!

the flange should be in the box mized with the peanuts, we put it through the crease of the box. the CEL fix was also put in there. Let me know if you find them otherwise I'll reship them

I went through that box by hand emptying out the peanuts (took over 10 minutes) and there was nothing else in there... not even a receipt. I really need to you to send out my parts today via EXPRESS mail. Ok?

Steven

Quote:
well next time you order something i'll do the best I can do and make sure it goes out right away. if you search our name on here we have no bad reviews, check my feedback and chris's, all +'s man. I'm sorry this order if your slipped through the cracks but if you want to give us a chance to make it up to you in the future then I'll make sure its handled properly.

-Steve

Should be in the box. We put it through the crease. Yet more lies. I went through that box like a CSI team. Nadda!

Goal to hurt your business? Keep trying to turn this around on me. Thats usually the pathetic cop out these days. Fact is burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me. I'll not let you do it twice!

Last edited by Bonestock!; Jun 14, 2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2007 | 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

I have bought from both Chris & Steve @ No Limitmotors without any problems, go my PTE GT35r, Avid motor mounts, clutch...plus other stuff I can't remember right now, they're quick on delivery, excellent customer service and my experience with them has always been A+++.

Sh*T happens thought...sorry to hear about your experience, but to those reading...Chris & Steve are very reputable!!!
Old Jun 17, 2007 | 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

This was my experience with No Limit...I will never purchase anything again from them again.

Basically in Steve's personal for sale thread he posts up a Speed Source LICP...he shows pictures of a new one....not the used one he is selling....he says and I quote "in perfect condition"

It comes with a bent *** outlet....which he never told me about...he said he didn't know....I don't know about everyone else, but when I sell stuff I inspect it and take detailed pics before selling.....saying that he "didn't know" or that it might have been damaged before he put it on his car is not a valid excuse....for all I know he knew it was bent and that's the reason he tried to sell it off.

When I received the pipe the silicone coupler was on the bent side...so I didn't know until I removed the coupler to inspect the pipe....I was very disappointed because the product was not as described.

Steve comments later on my thread here saying that if it blows off or leaks he will send another one...gee thanks....

The fact is I didn't get what I paid for or was advertised and he told me to just put it on and that it won't leak....at this point I don't care if it leaks I don't like paying someone my hard earned money to get lied to...and then have that same person try and convince me to be okay with it that the parts were not as described

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=licp

That's like someone selling a turbo and saying it's in perfect condition and the compressor wheel is chipped....i mean yah it still works...but you said perfect condition...which is what was the major deciding factor for me...it's misleading and is also called false advertising....and or bait and switch...whatever you want to call it. In my original post I didn't mention any names or "call out" Steve....but I wanted to get my .02 in since there are so many people that are saying that this place is some godsend to our community.
Old Jun 17, 2007 | 02:25 PM
mot
Evolved Member

ive dealt with chris and only chris and ive had awesome experiences
bump for chris at nolimit
Old Jun 18, 2007 | 09:14 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
This was my experience with No Limit...I will never purchase anything again from them again.

Basically in Steve's personal for sale thread he posts up a Speed Source LICP...he shows pictures of a new one....not the used one he is selling....he says and I quote "in perfect condition"

It comes with a bent *** outlet....which he never told me about...he said he didn't know....I don't know about everyone else, but when I sell stuff I inspect it and take detailed pics before selling.....saying that he "didn't know" or that it might have been damaged before he put it on his car is not a valid excuse....for all I know he knew it was bent and that's the reason he tried to sell it off.

When I received the pipe the silicone coupler was on the bent side...so I didn't know until I removed the coupler to inspect the pipe....I was very disappointed because the product was not as described.

Steve comments later on my thread here saying that if it blows off or leaks he will send another one...gee thanks....

The fact is I didn't get what I paid for or was advertised and he told me to just put it on and that it won't leak....at this point I don't care if it leaks I don't like paying someone my hard earned money to get lied to...and then have that same person try and convince me to be okay with it that the parts were not as described

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...highlight=licp

That's like someone selling a turbo and saying it's in perfect condition and the compressor wheel is chipped....i mean yah it still works...but you said perfect condition...which is what was the major deciding factor for me...it's misleading and is also called false advertising....and or bait and switch...whatever you want to call it. In my original post I didn't mention any names or "call out" Steve....but I wanted to get my .02 in since there are so many people that are saying that this place is some godsend to our community.

OMG you are seriously being rediciulous, do you think I bent the pipe??? It came like that. Buy an intercooler from buschur and look out the outlet, sometimes they arent a perfect circle. It can be a little out of shape from the bead roller. It happens dude, to all kinds of piping. I ran over 30 psi on that pipe and it NEVER LEAKED!!! Do not compare that to a turbocharger with a chipped wheel as a turbocharger with a chipped wheel will not perform like a turbocharger withOUT a chipped wheel. A chipped wheel will not create th same amount of boost at the same psi as a non chipped wheel. Def not the same thing.

The pipe is designed to eliminate the restriction that the stock pipe it has. its a mild steel pipe painted black and it goes from the intercooler to the stock turbo outlet. The connectors are designed to seal pressure between the connections. does the pipe go from the intercooler to the turbo? Does the pipe leak? OK and even on top of that, I said if it didnt perform as it should I'd send you another pipe, this being BRAND NEW. I never heard back from you. Now you post in this thread saying you'll never buy from us. So lets recap:

I sold you a pipe that performs perfectly on your car after it performed perfectly on my car

I used pics from their website which i think i even said were pics from the site, or I had the same pipe as in the pic, something like that. I said the pipe was used in my thread so regardless IDK why you expected it to be brand new

You complain about the pipe barely being out of shape, its hard to to notice even

SO THEN I OFFER TO SEND YOU A BRAND NEW ONE IF THAT ONE DOESNT PERFORM AS DESCRIBED.

And what do I get for offering you that? A customer who will never buy from us again and types out a long drawn out complaint. And ya know whats even better? After 1000 people read this post I just made, theres still gonna be a few people who are like "i dont like his attitude, I'm not buying from him. But those people prob werent gonna buy anything here after thsi guy made this thread anyway, so does it really matter? There are logical customers and there are cry babies and anyone who works for a shop for more then a year will tell you this. Theres customers that cry when the box there parts came in is beat up, theres a little mark on something they're never gonna see, etc... and all they do is cry bloody murder about how they spent there hard earned money and the consumer is always right, and so on. I work hard too and i have to pay for parts and I have probably seen way more intercooler piping then you have and That gives me the ability to make the judement on whether or not that pipe is going to leak way better then you can. And even after that knowing its going to be fine I still offered you a brand new pipe if you had a problem. And you still come into this this thread and cry about it. I cant win

Now someone quote this thread and say "nice to see how you feel about customers, i'm never buying from you" because I know thats next

-STEVE
Old Jun 18, 2007 | 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

OMG you are seriously being rediciulous, do you think I bent the pipe??? It came like that. Buy an intercooler from buschur and look out the outlet, sometimes they arent a perfect circle. It can be a little out of shape from the bead roller. It happens dude, to all kinds of piping. I ran over 30 psi on that pipe and it NEVER LEAKED!!! Do not compare that to a turbocharger with a chipped wheel as a turbocharger with a chipped wheel will not perform like a turbocharger withOUT a chipped wheel. A chipped wheel will not create th same amount of boost at the same psi as a non chipped wheel. Def not the same thing.

The pipe is designed to eliminate the restriction that the stock pipe it has. its a mild steel pipe painted black and it goes from the intercooler to the stock turbo outlet. The connectors are designed to seal pressure between the connections. does the pipe go from the intercooler to the turbo? Does the pipe leak? OK and even on top of that, I said if it didnt perform as it should I'd send you another pipe, this being BRAND NEW. I never heard back from you. Now you post in this thread saying you'll never buy from us. So lets recap:

I sold you a pipe that performs perfectly on your car after it performed perfectly on my car

I used pics from their website which i think i even said were pics from the site, or I had the same pipe as in the pic, something like that. I said the pipe was used in my thread so regardless IDK why you expected it to be brand new

You complain about the pipe barely being out of shape, its hard to to notice even

SO THEN I OFFER TO SEND YOU A BRAND NEW ONE IF THAT ONE DOESNT PERFORM AS DESCRIBED.

And what do I get for offering you that? A customer who will never buy from us again and types out a long drawn out complaint. And ya know whats even better? After 1000 people read this post I just made, theres still gonna be a few people who are like "i dont like his attitude, I'm not buying from him. But those people prob werent gonna buy anything here after thsi guy made this thread anyway, so does it really matter? There are logical customers and there are cry babies and anyone who works for a shop for more then a year will tell you this. Theres customers that cry when the box there parts came in is beat up, theres a little mark on something they're never gonna see, etc... and all they do is cry bloody murder about how they spent there hard earned money and the consumer is always right, and so on. I work hard too and i have to pay for parts and I have probably seen way more intercooler piping then you have and That gives me the ability to make the judement on whether or not that pipe is going to leak way better then you can. And even after that knowing its going to be fine I still offered you a brand new pipe if you had a problem. And you still come into this this thread and cry about it. I cant win

Now someone quote this thread and say "nice to see how you feel about customers, i'm never buying from you" because I know thats next

-STEVE
Don't feed the trolls man, if you do they never go away

Since the part show is covered by a silicone (or whatever material) coupler, I seriously doubt that
A. anyone is going to see it and
B. I doubt its going to cause power issues.