Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

No Limit motors, my review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No Limit motors, my review

I though it prudent to cool off a bit before I posted this. I gave Steve an ear-full over the phone and various PM's.

I PM'd Steve back on or around April 20th about the DC Sport downpipe he was selling. Keep in mind the date of April 20th. He stated he had to check into shipping to an APO address. We agreed on a price for the DP.

April 29th I ask for a 3" 2 bolt flange to remove the neckdown in my Magnaflow exhaust.

May 1st I ask if I am actually going to get to buy the downpipe or not.

May 2nd we agree on the total price including shipping plus a flange, CEL fix and Forge MBC. I pay the same day

May 14th I inquire why I haven't received my order. His response was "hmmmm thats weird, let me check on it today when I get to work".

May 15th I ask again. Steve's response was "my ****in boss just keeps blowin me off about this, I'll have an aswer for you asap"

May 18th I called the shop and left him a nasty PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock!
Steve, where is my order? I just received a priority mail package from Red Hook, NY that was mailed on the 14th.
If you sent my package parcel post it can take up to 45 days!! Thats why I specifically requested priority mail. I have called & PM'd many times now with out an answer. I have a dyno day booked for the 9th and I dont have time to be dicked about

His response was "sent it out priority, you should see it next week, I promise!"

May 22nd His response "dude you sent me a PM yesterday at 4:08 pm which I didnt see until after I left work because I was on the dyno. I just got into work 5 mins ago and was going to PM you the number. if your going to file a complaint for sure, let me know because I'll reverse the shipment.

AND I dont have a phone number on file from you, only your PM name and e-mail address".

USPS 0503 8555 7490 0976 1608"

To which I sent the reply
Quote:
yesterday? Dude I have called 6 times, spoke with the boss once and everytime I get we will get right back to you. I have yet to be "got right back to". I have left my phone number EVERY time I have called. I have been waiting for over 3 weeks now.
Now what exactly more can I do?

Shall I forward you the 15pm's I have saved in my sent folder asking you for tracking information/updates etc?

C'mon now!

Then I looked up the tracking info and got really pissed. Note the date it shows it was shipped!

Label/Receipt Number: 0503 8555 7490 0976 1608

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 16, 2007 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

So I sent him another unhappy PM
Quote:
May 16th????? May 16th???????? You have got to be kidding me! WTF happened to May 2nd???????????????????????????????????????????

and another
Quote:
Adam is it? Hmm he came across as a person in authority. My mistake.
Actually, this got started back when you posted your part out thread in April. No wonder you couldn't supply me with a tracking number if you didn't ship the parts some 2 weeks after payment was sent! Why was there a delay in shipping and why wasn't I made aware of this at the time of the order?????
Paypal claim was canceled once you provided a tracking number... just FYI.
I am very upset about this and to say I am disappointed in you is an understatement.
I will be posting a review. Thats not a threat so don't take it as one. I understand things can happen but not keeping me informed is way beyond acceptable.

His response
"Well i'm willing to make it up to you but if your going post a bad review then I guess it doesnt really matter at this point. I'm sorry there was a delay in your package shipping, we're very very busy this month and since we're only human beings and so many hands have to touch each thing that ship out, mistakes can be made. I dont lie so I'm not going to give you some BS story about why your package didnt ship out in a timely fashion. I cant seem to find a solid reason. we ship USPS stuff out about twice a week because we have to drive it 15 mins away to the post office ourselves. It looks like for some reason we didnt have anything go out the week before your package shipped so thats why it went out last week. it also looks like we were out of the MBC's right after you ordered them because we had a few backorders that had to be filled when they came in which was on the 10th. I think after you sent your payment someone else her sold the MBC before shipping could grab it and throw it in the dc box. I mean these excuses are irrelevant as the package didnt ship out for longer then expected anyway, plus your going to post a review hating on us anyway so I almost dont even know if its worth explaining this to you. Again i'm sorry that it happened and if you want to give us a chance in the future to make it up to you then thats cool, if not then good luck with your car and thank you for protecting out country -Steve"

May 29th The package arrives. I open the box to find ONLY the downpipe & MBC. Nothing else. Not even an invoice. So I sent another PM.
Package arrived today. Where is the 2 bolt 3" exhaust flange and where is the CEL fix? I cant believe after a 2 week shipping delay you shorted my order!!!!!!

His reply "the flange should be in the box mized with the peanuts, we put it through the crease of the box. the CEL fix was also put in there. Let me know if you find them otherwise I'll reship them"

My reply
I went through that box by hand emptying out the peanuts (took over 10 minutes) and there was nothing else in there... not even a receipt. I really need to you to send out my parts today via EXPRESS mail. Ok?

May 31st I asked if it had been shipped. His reply"sh*t dude, missed USPS today, but yes it will be shipping via USPS express ASAP!!!"

June 4th I receive the final bits of my order.

Cliff notes:
April 20th PM'd about parts
May 1st agreed on price
May 2nd payment sent
May 14th inquired about parts and was told they were shipped but he couldnt find a tracking number
May 18th Got tracking number that showed they weren't shipped until May 16th!
May 29th Order arrives short a flange & CEL fix.
June 4th finally complete order.

So there you go. While Steve had decent communication with me, he never returned my calls or called me when he said he would. Why he told me the items where shipped when they clearly had not really bothers me. I understand things happen but I cannot tolerate being lied to.

So is this a negative review? I'd give it a neutral at best. I did get my parts (eventually) but the entire transaction is unsatisfactory.

This is my first chance to mention the problem with the MBC so I am kinda putting them on the spot here. The Forge MBC looks USED. There are no screws for the mounting brackets and the Allen wrench is also missing. The offered to let me send it back but I'm just not going to deal with the whole shipping thing again.

Last edited by Bonestock!; Jun 6, 2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

i've dealt w/ steve from way back and he's been good. guess every vendor drops the ball once in a full moon.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

yeah I've had nothing but good experiences with them, it sucks that it's one of those flukey situations where you got stiffed. . .good luck with the modding!
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry you had such a bad experience, next time you have a problem like that just call me directly and ill take care of it. Theres no reason that should have had happened. As for the Forge mbc we get them directly from Forge, if it was used then it came from them like that. If you want another one just give me a call and ill exchange it for you.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

I did call. I called you guys 6-8 times. If I didnt speak to Steve I spoke with Rob. Ask Rob.. I called and specifically asked for the owner or manager of No Limit Motors. He said well Steve is the manager. I informed him I was very unhappy with Steve and wanted to talk to someone in charge. He flat out said (at the time) that was impossible. I gave my phone number again.. and waited for a call back. That also never happend. So who is in charge there? And what about my concerns over the Forge MBC?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear about your problem. NL always has been great for me.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:00 AM
Former Sponsor

I did call. I called you guys 6-8 times. If I didnt speak to Steve I spoke with Rob. Ask Rob.. I called and specifically asked for the owner or manager of No Limit Motors. He said well Steve is the manager. I informed him I was very unhappy with Steve and wanted to talk to someone in charge. He flat out said (at the time) that was impossible. I gave my phone number again.. and waited for a call back. That also never happend. So who is in charge there? And what about my concerns over the Forge MBC?
All i said was you could have called me directly and i would have helped you out. I didnt say you didnt call. As i said above about the forge mbc, thats what i will do for you if your not happy with it.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

...six weeks goes beyond "dropping the ball", not to mention all the "we'll call you back". I think we ALL understand that sometimes delays happen, things get fuzzy, but what annoys the hell out of people (including myself) is being kept in the dark.

That sucks dude, and within the last week or two I spoke to NLM about getting an ACT clutch kit that I need...this whole thing makes me wonder now...

Personally, I am not picking on anyone but for all vendors:
Just keep your clients in the loop, that's all.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Chris, you are missing my point. Are you the "boss"? Steve & Rob never did specify who I needed to speak with. Steve told me Rob only answers the phone and is not in a position of authority. Your name was never mentioned. Are you the boss Steve reffered to: May 15th I ask again. Steve's response was "my ****in boss just keeps blowin me off about this, I'll have an aswer for you asap"

TBH, doesn't really matter anymore. I wont be making the same mistake twice.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Chris, you are missing my point. Are you the "boss"? Steve & Rob never did specify who I needed to speak with. Steve told me Rob only answers the phone and is not in a position of authority. Your name was never mentioned. Are you the boss Steve reffered to: May 15th I ask again. Steve's response was "my ****in boss just keeps blowin me off about this, I'll have an aswer for you asap"

TBH, doesn't really matter anymore. I wont be making the same mistake twice.
I think your missing the point, all im saying if this happened again just ask for me and ill help you. Not that it matters now, im just saying.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Why cant you answer my question????
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Why cant you answer my question????
Which is?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

From post #10:

Are you the "boss"? Steve & Rob never did specify who I needed to speak with. Steve told me Rob only answers the phone and is not in a position of authority. Your name was never mentioned. Are you the boss Steve reffered to: May 15th I ask again. Steve's response was "my ****in boss just keeps blowin me off about this, I'll have an aswer for you asap"

Last edited by Bonestock!; Jun 6, 2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:25 AM
Former Sponsor

From post #10:

No Im not, i am not sure why he said that.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Then who is?

Quick Reply: No Limit motors, my review