Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Titek O2 Housing///First Impression vs. Ebay Housing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2007, 05:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Our O2 housings have a 1 year warranty and are $99.

Sounds like your vendor gave you great service. Congrats.
The market is a very competitive one, everyone’s products probably all come from the same factory with different mods to it. There are also many vendors out there offering some great prices for the consumers.

So if the product and price is relative the same, don’t you think people would want the best customer service? May be I’m wrong, but I personally would buy from a company with a better customer service than the one that doesn't care about it.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 05:49 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. A good place to start reviewing good companies with great service is through the vendor feedback ratings. The number next to the member or vendor's screen name.

If your seller has a very high number of positive feedbacks, chances are you would receive just as good of service as the rest that have left positive feedback.

For example, our feedback ratings are here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/itrader.php?u=34553
Old Jun 11, 2007, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes the Personal Sales Rating system is a great way of telling how many sales one vendor have gotten on the board, and how many of them gave a good rating. It is also a sign that the vendor really tries hard to sell on the boards, and most of all how much he will ask the customers to give the ratings.

Anyways, please respect all forum members, vendors, and try not to do high jack peoples thread, be respectful, and you will receive the same respect =)

Peace and Respect =)

Last edited by 500whp.com; Jun 11, 2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 06:12 PM
fid
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 500whp.com
Dont forget that Titek also offer a 1 year warranty on all their products !!! im pretty sure no ebay company can say that =)
Our O2 housings have a 1 year warranty and are $99.
And if you have to honor that warranty 3 times in that year and deal with the aggrevation of having your car down would it seem worth pinching the pennies for a inferior quality product? To me and many others no, the same would hold true to the flipside of that. And in no way am I saying your housing would defect in anyway, just trying to expose a what if to the other side of that statement .
Old Jun 11, 2007, 06:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fid
And if you have to honor that warranty 3 times in that year and deal with the aggrevation of having your car down would it seem worth pinching the pennies for a inferior quality product? To me and many others no, the same would hold true to the flipside of that. And in no way am I saying your housing would defect in anyway, just trying to expose a what if to the other side of that statement .
We have sold over 320 O2 housings and none have ever cracked, defected, melted, burned, contorted, twisted or broken.

Not a bad record for a $99 O2 housing with 15whp gains.

Its not surprising that they share the same quality record as others.

Truth be told as 500whp stated, they likely come from the same factory in Taiwan that supply many other vendors products.

I see what you are trying to say regarding an unfounded "hypothetical failure rate" , but what if you paid $500 for an O2 housing and it failed? What does price have to do with the fact that it might hypothetically fail, even though there is no indication that any of the $500 O2 housings have ever failed?

Its kind of a pointless arguement.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor

We have sold over 320 O2 housings and none have ever cracked, defected, melted, burned, contorted, twisted or broken.

Truth be told as 500whp stated, they likely come from the same factory in Taiwan that supply many other vendors products.

I see what you are trying to say regarding an unfounded "hypothetical failure rate" , but what if you paid $500 for an O2 housing and it failed? What does price have to do with the fact that it might hypothetically fail, even though there is no indication that any of the $500 O2 housings have ever failed?

Yes guess I dont what to say how many we sold, and how many Titek sold over all... but the whole thing was respecting others.

No other O2 housings out there have the Porting the Titek does =)
Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
you have anymore in stock jeff? i'll be calling you tomorrow, i've bought TWO so far and they both have that quater sized hole for the wastegate side, my three year old previous O2 housing i got from eBay was not like this, i don't know what happened. I can also vouch for Jeff from 500whp, he's a great guy and has awesome service!
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by caLi4G63
you have anymore in stock jeff? i'll be calling you tomorrow, i've bought TWO so far and they both have that quater sized hole for the wastegate side, my three year old previous O2 housing i got from eBay was not like this, i don't know what happened. I can also vouch for Jeff from 500whp, he's a great guy and has awesome service!

yes lots more in stock, if no one picks up leave a message and you will get a call =)
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:42 AM
fid
Evolving Member

Meaning that you pay for what you get. You can pay $99 for a ebay housing with a 22 gauge, tin like construction with improper wastegate venting or a true heavy gauge stainless construction that I think would beat any ebay units quality of build and design. All the O2 housings will have a "failure rate". From a quality side of things, the Titek looks as if it is built to last while the ebay unit looks as if it was built to sell so yes it does have a point to me and I am sure many others .
Old Jun 12, 2007, 05:09 AM
fid
Evolving Member

And let me enforce that this thread was not started to prove anything. But more to give my unbiased opinion on the quality and design of the 2 housings when comparing them side to side. In no way am I saying don't buy a ebay style housing because some have been proven time after time to make power and not boost creep. All I am reviewing is the visual quality of the 2 when compared side by side that is it. My assumptions about longevity is just that a assumption.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fid
Meaning that you pay for what you get. You can pay $99 for a ebay housing with a 22 gauge, tin like construction with improper wastegate venting or a true heavy gauge stainless construction that I think would beat any ebay units quality of build and design. All the O2 housings will have a "failure rate". From a quality side of things, the Titek looks as if it is built to last while the ebay unit looks as if it was built to sell so yes it does have a point to me and I am sure many others .
If there was a test of all tests. The O2 housing we "SELL" is on our own shopcar and has run numerous 10's at 130mph on the Evo IX stock turbo. It has withstood hundreds of heat cycles up to 1050*C/1925*F.

Outside of the ACTUAL testing as we have done, everything else is just wordplay.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

If the quarter size hole is such a big deal... why not bust out the dremel and open it up?
Old Jun 12, 2007, 10:30 AM
fid
Evolving Member

If there was a test of all tests. The O2 housing we "SELL" is on our own shopcar and has run numerous 10's at 130mph on the Evo IX stock turbo. It has withstood hundreds of heat cycles up to 1050*C/1925*F.

Outside of the ACTUAL testing as we have done, everything else is just wordplay.
I think testing on a car that sees mostly strip time with a small temperature variation is hardly the end of all testing. Try testing it like that up in the NE where you have much larger temp swings, wintertime not a low of 50 like you, and getting beat and jarred on some of the US's worst highway. But that is just my thoughts which are probably wrong to you.

Seriously, just about everything you have posted in here is to try and recruit people to not consider another option in O2 housings but to simply promote yours. Saying the Titek unit looks of better construction then a ebay housing is hardly stretching the truth or biased so I don't see what drove you to post negatively in this review.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 10:58 AM
Account Disabled

There is no negative reviews of this product in this thread. Only observations and facts with the frequent random post of little technical input from those you trying to justify overpaying for a unit likely from the same factory as the comparable piece with the same warranty.

The notion that you would have to drive an O2 housing in the Northeast to really test its strength is a pitiful attempt to convince yourself that you invested in a superior product to some of the other units in the marketplace.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:31 AM
fid
Evolving Member

There is no negative reviews of this product in this thread. Only observations and facts with the frequent random post of little technical input from those you trying to justify overpaying for a unit likely from the same factory as the comparable piece with the same warranty.
Hence the thread title and the countless statements of this only being a visual review. But please take the time to poke in a attempt at sarcasim if you will. And yet you stated all of that without one single ounce of proof to it. Quite the hipocrit aren't we.

ion that you would have to drive an O2 housing in the Northeast to really test its strength is a pitiful attempt to convince yourself that you invested in a superior product to some of the other units in the marketplace.
So the contraction and expansion of metal due to extremely cold weather has nothing to do with cracking? And what am I trying to justify, I own both the ebay housing and the Titek lol. And now that I see what profesionalism you bring to these forums I know what vendor I will not use for anything that I will purchase in the very near future .

Last edited by fid; Jun 12, 2007 at 11:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Titek O2 Housing///First Impression vs. Ebay Housing