Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Titek O2 Housing///First Impression vs. Ebay Housing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

mrfred, I am surprised at your concern, you have proven to be one of the most educated in the ecuflash forum and surely you understand the mechanics of an O2 housing.
Thanks, I try hard to understand as much as possible. I have yet to get my hands on an O2 housing to make my own firsthand observations. Yeah, the mechanics of the O2 housing are straightforward, but the issue I see is that there is lots of conflicting information on the performance of the eBay O2 housings. Some people have boost creep, and some people don't. Some people say they have never seen one crack, while others claim that they have seen eBay O2 housing crack. I want to learn more about this stuff. It would be great if people could post measurements of the diameter hole where the waste gate flow merges with the turbine flow. I called up one vendor to see if they would let me buy several different O2 housings and return the (unused) ones that I didn't want, but they wanted a 25% restocking fee to accept a returned unused housing. Anyhow, with all the conflicting info about the eBay O2 housings, its easy to take one look at the Titek housing and know there will be no boost creep (even if it is a less optimal merge design).
Old Jun 16, 2007, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are trying to justify that the Titek is superior without any facts except for the price tag.

The professionalism we bring to the forums saves a many members the financial stress of wasteful spending when they do not realize there are many products at different price points that come from the very same factories.

Implying that because one is more expensive, that it must perform better or last longer without documentation of fact is a dis-service to other members reading this thread.

Encouraging the proof sources to come forward and demonstrate one product's superiority over another similar product with different price points is what a dedicated member does.

If Buschur had produced this product, he would be EXPECTED to demonstrate the unit's advantage in performance and durability on his dyno. Why a member would
accept that another product is superior without documentation to support the claim and agree to pay more is beyond us.
Professionalism would be to let your product sell its self in your own thread, 500whp.com didn't even post this thread and you came barging in talking about YOUR o2 housings to promote YOUR company. If YOUR sales suck, it's not his fault and they shouldnt have to have you jump in their thread. BTW pulling the trader rating thing and trying to 1 up 500whp.com is pretty gay too.(Dont reply with facts about how your sales are, or how you are not promoting your company, or how you are not promoting your o2 housings, just stfu and start your own thread).

Thanks and continue the thread about 500whp.coms service, including the availability of titek components from 500whp.com only please thanks

Last edited by ExileMFG; Jun 16, 2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 08:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is not a vendor review thread newbie. This is a Titek vs. ebay thread. It would be a dis-service to the community to not let community members know that there is a $99 option available with dyno proven 15whp+ gains.

This is not a for sale thread for any vendor, including 500whp.

If you would like to act like a moderator, it would be a good idea to actually be a moderator. If you are not, you could end up banned as fast as you joined, (2 posts ago) and we certainly would not that to happen.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 08:29 PM

Oh my. I think its time to for the Moderators to close this thread. Good luck guys

jason
Old Jun 17, 2007, 09:53 AM

This is not a vendor review thread newbie. This is a Titek vs. ebay thread. It would be a dis-service to the community to not let community members know that there is a $99 option available with dyno proven 15whp+ gains.

This is not a for sale thread for any vendor, including 500whp.

If you would like to act like a moderator, it would be a good idea to actually be a moderator. If you are not, you could end up banned as fast as you joined, (2 posts ago) and we certainly would not that to happen.
You still had no business being in the thread is my point. It's irritating because there's companies with no sense of boundaries / courtesy for others, and it all lies in insecurity for whatever reason (poor sales, inferior product, jealousy etc.).
Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:01 AM
Account Disabled

Our feedback demonstrates none of the afflictions you are describing.

To reiterate, this is not a vendor review thread. This is a product review and comparison thread by its title. Thank you for taking it off topic for the forum members.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 09:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Our feedback demonstrates none of the afflictions you are describing.

To reiterate, this is not a vendor review thread. This is a product review and comparison thread by its title. Thank you for taking it off topic for the forum members.
Its okay man just drop it.... no point going on with this. People have a right to compare things, and you have a right to put in your 2 cent. It should stop when there is too much aggression towards members or other people =)
Old Jun 20, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 500whp.com
Its okay man just drop it.... no point going on with this. People have a right to compare things, and you have a right to put in your 2 cent. It should stop when there is too much aggression towards members or other people =)
Quiet you, if everyone followed that I'd have 0 entertainment during lunch
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by s2kguy
Quiet you, if everyone followed that I'd have 0 entertainment during lunch

Old Jun 21, 2007, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

I like oxygen in my housing. That is all.

-Adam
Old Jun 21, 2007, 09:45 PM

ok so in al the bickering i didnt really get who has the better o2 housing....
Old Jun 21, 2007, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

I can say Titek has better build quality and craftsmanship because I had a Megan unit and it fitted like crap. It was maybe because the one I got was their very first batch.. However, after visiting the AMPA shows in Asia.. I can say Titek units are better because the manufacturing technology in Taiwan is far more advanced and superior. FWIW, a lot of aftermarket manufacturers are shifting some of their product manufacturing to China due to cheaper labor and raw materials, therefore higher profit margin. And guess what? most ebay and megan ones are made in China.. It will be years before you see some improvements.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 03:05 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by PnutButterWolf
I can say Titek has better build quality and craftsmanship because I had a Megan unit and it fitted like crap. It was maybe because the one I got was their very first batch.. However, after visiting the AMPA shows in Asia.. I can say Titek units are better because the manufacturing technology in Taiwan is far more advanced and superior. FWIW, a lot of aftermarket manufacturers are shifting some of their product manufacturing to China due to cheaper labor and raw materials, therefore higher profit margin. And guess what? most ebay and megan ones are made in China.. It will be years before you see some improvements.
This information is false. Megan and Titek are BOTH made in Taiwan. As far as my best information indicates, THEY ARE MADE AT THE SAME FACTORY ALSO.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh Snap! ^^^
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

They are both Taiwan based companies but do not share the same factory. Its quite evident by comparing the two products (o2 housings).

Your information is based from your supplier and you are entitled to believing that. But I have lived out there and speak the language, and have been to just about every aftermarket parts manufacturing shows/events in Taipei in the past years. I just want to pass this information out as my 2 cents worth.

Quick Reply: Titek O2 Housing///First Impression vs. Ebay Housing