Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Titek O2 Housing///First Impression vs. Ebay Housing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2007, 12:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by PnutButterWolf
They are both Taiwan based companies but do not share the same factory. Its quite evident by comparing the two products (o2 housings).

Your information is based from your supplier and you are entitled to believing that. But I have lived out there and speak the language, and have been to just about every aftermarket parts manufacturing shows/events in Taipei in the past years. I just want to pass this information out as my 2 cents worth.
Good info. BTW, I was just in Taipei in April for a meeting. Very cool city. Seemed like about 70% Japan / 30% Thailand. I could definitely live there.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 07:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Jarrod at Buschur Racing told me that they do sometimes see boost creep after installing one of their eBay O2 housings.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is there any definitive evidence as to which O2 housing is better or is this all based on visuals?

I'm not sure that the additional $75 is worth it, is it?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

I doubt this thread changed too many decisions. There are those who will buy the most expensive piece in the belief that they are getting better parts. There are those who will buy the cheaper piece believing they are getting a better deal.

End of story.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Well I received my Titek housing today from 500whp.com for about 175 shipped. It certainly look a lot nicer than the Megan one I have seen. The inside where it merges is definitely a lot larger than the Megan. After so many problems with Ebay I would rather spend a few extra dollars with a real company and a credit card for a bit of piece of mind knowing there is someone with customer service that can be reached in case of problems.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 02:06 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone have any reviews on the bushur 02 housing
Old Jul 18, 2007, 07:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by krazy srt4
anyone have any reviews on the bushur 02 housing
The Buschur unit is an eBay unit with an insulating coating applied to it. I would guess that they inspect each housing before coating it, so presumably the quality control is going to be better than direct from eBay. However, I asked them about boost creep, and they say that they do occasionally see it with their housings.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 01:52 PM

if the titek o2 housing and megan/ebay o2 housing are built in the same factory, then the e bay / megan housing must all get built at on end of day friday when all the workers are in a rush to get home.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 01:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MrEvo2nv
if the titek o2 housing and megan/ebay o2 housing are built in the same factory, then the e bay / megan housing must all get built at on end of day friday when all the workers are in a rush to get home.
they are not built in the same factory.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
There is no negative reviews of this product in this thread. Only observations and facts with the frequent random post of little technical input from those you trying to justify overpaying for a unit likely from the same factory as the comparable piece with the same warranty.

The notion that you would have to drive an O2 housing in the Northeast to really test its strength is a pitiful attempt to convince yourself that you invested in a superior product to some of the other units in the marketplace.
Originally Posted by fid
Hence the thread title and the countless statements of this only being a visual review. But please take the time to poke in a attempt at sarcasim if you will. And yet you stated all of that without one single ounce of proof to it. Quite the hipocrit aren't we.

So the contraction and expansion of metal due to extremely cold weather has nothing to do with cracking? And what am I trying to justify, I own both the ebay housing and the Titek lol. And now that I see what profesionalism you bring to these forums I know what vendor I will not use for anything that I will purchase in the very near future .

Whoa I thought I was the only one. Was trying to look for an o2 housing and considering Titek, Invidia (ruled out after seeing dyno results) or eBay to complete my turboback and just happened to come across this thread. Spent $2000 a week ago on parts and I could've saved $100 at TTP Engineering but decided to give my business to another vendor.
Old May 13, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

I still want to know more!
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:00 PM

this is what i got from this

bang for buck+whp
ttp>megan>titek

craftsman ship+reliability+whp+bang for buck
titek>ttp>megan

correct me if i'm wrong...any dyno results yet...

i know, i just brought a dead thread back sorry lol

ttp what type of dyno was your car on when you tested your o2 housing?

Last edited by uhh glitch; Nov 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 01:25 PM
EvoM Guru

ttp=megan
Old Mar 31, 2013, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

^^
interested in this product. will this be benificial on a 9.8 hotside 8 turbo? just want my evo to breathe as good as possible before i actually get a new turbo.