Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

What brand tools do you use?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I actually got a free set of tools from the pilot of the Goodyear blimp who gave me Allen tools, the originator of the Allen wrench
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snap on hand tools IR air tools cant beat the combo
Old Jul 5, 2007, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ak47po
Who's ever i can borrow.
that is soooo me!

but with all respect, i do have my own tools too! I also like Craftsman! I have a socket set I bought from Ace a couple years ago that comes with a lifetime warranty...it hasn't failed me yet
Old Jul 5, 2007, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sl0ev0
snap on!!!!!!!
^^ +1
Old Jul 5, 2007, 09:07 PM

Beta!!!!!
Old Jul 5, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

snap-on. It's nice being an aircraft mechanic, and getting the old "broken" tools. If i do end up buying them, def go with crafstman...who can beat the lifetime warranty. Also check out harbor freight tools. They are off brand (and cheap), and have some decent stuff. A bunch of it has lifetime warranties as well. Just one of those places where you gotta browse for the good deals/stuff. I bought some wratcheting wrenches from there. Normally like 60 bucks for crafstman, and they were only $7 dollars (yes seven) for the set w/ a lifetime warranty!!!!!! They are very nice, havent broken or anything and no rust.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 12:55 AM
Account Disabled

i got a crap load of powerbuilt tools, not the best but I get them all for free. lol, also with a lifetime warranty, so when I do break them, I can always get new ones. I like their reverse ratchet sets, in metric and sae.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Mostly Craftsman hand tools. A couple Snap-on, SK, or blue point items for those less common tools (swivel head ratchets and crows foot wrenches). Gear wrench ratcheting wrenches.
And of course Ingersoll Rand air tools.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Craftsman, and Duralast
Old Jul 6, 2007, 09:24 AM

i don't believe in power tools. Manual tool only here but I do protect it with trojan non latex brand.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by El.BlueEvo9
Craftsman, and Duralast
How is Duralast, I always kinda scoff at that stuff when I pass the isle in the store, is it any good?
Old Jul 6, 2007, 10:06 AM

the lifetime warranty on alot of tools is nice and all but that warranty dont cover the busted knuckles. when your tools are paying your bills, you cant really afford to have down time on any of them. so longevity is key. after workin in a shop for 3 years and constantly using the same tools everyday you weed out the cheapies. mostly all snap on with few macs thrown in. cost is a factor for everybody though luckily workin in a shop they manage to pay for themselves. i do have a set of gearwrenches that i got when i first started working and i have YET to break one! i mean ive hung form them and even put cheater pipes on them to break bolts loose. great wrenches.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

Sure would be nice to have a nice set of pro tools like some of you guys have! As it was, I got a bunch of old Mastercraft stuff (Candian Tire, yo!) from my pops that I brought down when I moved to the States, and then just got whatever else I needed along the way. Lots of cheapie chinese crap from Harbour Freight, now. I'm not hard core by any degree, so they get things done for me.

Best thing I ever did was get a Craftsman ball-bearing tool chest and rolling cabinet, though. Just wish I hadda got them like 9 years ago when I was doing a lot of stuff to my old Eclipse...
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:13 PM

I get napa real cheap, so I use them
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Craftsman tools are great for the non professional, most are cheap and have a lifetime warranty. Duralast stuff isn't too bad either. I'll pick up some sockets or wrenches when I can't get to a Sears, they always hold up well for me. I also own some Husky stuff which has been good too.

For things like torque wrenches, I would go Snap-On, I've been through two Craftsman wrenches already.

Quick Reply: What brand tools do you use?