Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Read this before ordering from Lancershop.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2007, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read this before ordering from Lancershop.com

Cliffs notes: Order took longer than advertised to arrive, came in 4 boxes, wrong catback sent, wouldn't ship new catback until the old one was received, won't pay for return shipping.

I ordered a clutch, stainless steel clutch line, flywheel, Megan catback, and UK badge from Lancershop. All items showed in stock. I got a tracking number quickly, but it was for only the flywheel and clutch line.

Then another tracking number. This time it was the Megan catback. Finally, over a week later, the clutch arrives. Bottom line: I missed driving my car for a week waiting on parts and had to get rides to work.

Then the shop that is putting in my clutch calls and says the catback won't fit. I get a ride over and look- sure enough, it hits the gas tank and bumper, and can't be adjusted to clear. I have to pay for them to install, troubleshoot, then deinstall the Megan and reinstall the stock exhaust.

I call Mastaminds (the parent company) and they want pictures, tell me it was put in wrong, etc. I convince them it won't fit and pay $55 to return it. Only after they receive it do they ship me the correct part. I have to email them to find out what went wrong, and to date do not know if they shipped the wrong part or Megan put the wrong part in the box.

Later, the UK emblem arrives, from a fourth warehouse.

They offer a $30 coupon to Lancershop for my troubles. I spent $55 just shipping the wrong exhaust back, plus what it cost to have the wrong part put on, adjusted, and then taken off. They want me to take it up with Megan, but I don't know whose fault it was that I received the wrong part. They upped the coupon to $55 after I complained, but that is not the same as reimbursing me for shipping. I do not want to send them any more money until they straighten this out.

Please be aware that they seem to not be able or willing to correct their mistakes before you buy from them. Also be aware that you cannot count on when all your parts will arrive if you are planning a big project.

I love the S.S. line, ACT Prolite flywheel and 2900 clutch combo, and the Megan catback; this, plus a Dynoflash, will spin 275/40/17 V710s in first and second gears! But I'd advise getting them elsewhere.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow that sucks, lancershop useually doesnt keep stuff instock they drop ship most of all their stuff i believe, i ordered my FP threw them, with the 8 install kit got the kit about a week after i ordered and fP took about 2 months.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to here about your troubles.

I have received nothing but A+ service from www.Lancershop.com

Mattj
Old Jul 13, 2007, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dropspeed
Sorry to here about your troubles.

I have received nothing but A+ service from www.Lancershop.com

Mattj
I have ordered from them twice or three times before without problems, so I once was happy with them, too. I am just warning you that if they mess up your order, you just might have to pay for their mistake.

This is not the way to do business.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

I had the same type of problem with dubtechnik tuning when I ordered a new front bumoer for my GTI. No one had any complaints about them except for 2 other people. their bumpers got damaged during shippment andthe place would do NOTHING about it. it takes a SMALL amount of participation on their part to file a claim through DHL. but NO. they can't even fill out one form so I can get $200 for a bumper that is a complete peice of crap that I paid $325 for. I'v been fighting this for months, phone, email, calling the BBB in their area, etc.

I'v thought about ordering from www.dsmparts.com (lancershop's sister site) for my gsx, but I'll think twice now.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

i hate lancershop.i will never buy stuff from them again. i ordered some plugs from them and it took 12 days to get here.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

Bump.

Anyone else have problems with them or know how to contact the BBB in their area?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Horrible service and they dont have any parts. The sorce them from other places then sell them to you! ive had nothing but bad service everytime. I ordered a suspention set up from them and after waiting months for it they just emailed me back and said sorry we will give you your money back minus the tax and cost of the shipping?????? So all i can say about lancershop is leck mich am arsch for all the non german speaking americans its not to hard to find out!
Old Jul 16, 2007, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Everytime I have ordered from them I haven't had any problems. I don't know what the deal is with other customers.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
Everytime I have ordered from them I haven't had any problems. I don't know what the deal is with other customers.

I'd say the deal is that with you, they found the part in stock somewhere and shipped it to you on time without sending the wrong part.

Nobody is saying that they can't ship something correctly and on time, just that if THEY screw up, they aren't going to take care of their mistakes.

It has nothing to do with the customer.

Now you know, and you don't have to be confused any longer.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Bump.

Still ticked about this.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
This is what happens when you shop the internet for the cheapest parts. I doubt they have anything actually in stock, though I have no idea. I would bet most parts are drop shipped from vendors. They also make very little on the parts they sell.

If you want service, buy local, preferably from the shop that works on your car. You may pay a little more, but you'll get the service you need. If there's a problem, they'll correct it and you won't be paying for them to install parts that aren't right.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

That is a good point; unfortunately the only shops that have a 4 wheel dyno and parts in stock are at least 4 hours away.

I would prefer to be able to walk in, talk with the owner or local salesman, and have them install the parts, then tune my car.

But it isn't happening around here without a serious road trip.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep. they can be a big pain and you can never get the same person you talked to before. Ive had some problems with them as well as everyone else.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

I have tried to deal with 4 vendors off this server now all with "good" reputations all of them have back ordered me, changed prices, created orders then tried to change the price after the fact of invoice;based on shipping, called me to tell me they were on back order when they really had them to sell them for more to other people, since they already have my money. However Lancershop is the only vendor that has delivered on time. I called them and they checked to see if they had the parts in stock first.

So out of all the vendors on this server I have delt with so far Lancershop is the only ones to not disappoint me.
*Note they are not the cheapest I have found but they have the cheapest shipping rates... I find that odd since they are shipping from Michigan to Alaska yet people say in Cali or Washington want to charge double... HMMMMMMM

Quick Reply: Read this before ordering from Lancershop.com