Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Rnr Racing If You Own A Turbo Kit Please Look!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2007, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rnr Racing If You Own A Turbo Kit Please Look!!!

Hey guys first of all im not here to start any crazyness on these boards im here to warn OTHER fellow members of a problem THEY might have if they own one of their turbo kits. Here are a couple problems i have encountered this evening. First of all their lifetime warranty manifold would be great, but theres one problem mine is cracking where the flange is welded on for the turbo. Its cracked all the way around the runners. If you own one of their manifolds please check this. Yeah it would be nice if they were still in business but we all know why they arent. Second of all i would like to say something on the turbo itself again if you have one of their kits LOOK!!!! Look at the turbo and be sure what kind it is. I know ryan did alot of precision turbos and alot of people on this forum has his kit. But please please check! A buddy and i came to the conclusion tonight that my infamous oil leak ive had is from the turbo!! Come to think of it its not a precision turbo!!! Its an EBAY special! yes thats right. How do i know this. ON the compressor housing it says TURBO and AR .50. Yes i did look at the turbo before i put it on and it threw some red flags but i didnt think anything of it coming from the rsx community all the kits i ran had turbonetics turbos. Wasnt familiar with presions markings. The oil leak is the seals in the turbo the oil is comign from the center section and no its not leaking from the feed line. But please please just take the time to look and see if you have one. IF you do have one remove it! Luckly i didnt have any other issues with mine other than the seals leaking oil. (ordreing new turbo tomorrow) Ive heard of the compressor housings just falling into two pieces the wheels just breaking and what not. Just a heads up again im just warning fellow members.

Cliff notes RNR sent out some ebay turbos please look and also check manifold for cracks!

Last edited by 03redtype-s; Aug 1, 2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

AAA dude that sucks! Very sorry to hear this.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah it has really put a dampening on a vacation of mine due to having to buy a new turbo for the car. Grant it things should have clicked in my head after looking at the turbo for 2 months before it was put on but its still the point people please look at your turbos! The bad thing is i can remember when i asked him if it was a precision turbo and he said yes! what a douche bag!
Old Aug 1, 2007, 07:55 PM
Yme
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTVEVO
AAA dude that sucks! Very sorry to hear this.
+1 what turbo are you going with next?
Old Aug 1, 2007, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Looking at a garrett or presicion 60-1 or the sc6176 from presicion. Garrett says it out performs the gt30r except for the ball bearing portion. Dont quite want a 35r so trying to keep it in between from what i had. My rsx i had at 10 psi was a 330whp car and felt great with that turbo. so i think i have made up my mind you can also check out my post in the engine/drivetrain section.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 08:19 PM
Yme
Evolved Member

hei bro do you happen to have pics of the turbo and o2 housing side? pm me if you want thanks
Old Aug 2, 2007, 03:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=244225