Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My experience with Team Rip Eng. and Jon

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2007, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
My experience with Team Rip Eng. and Jon

Lets get to the point: Well I had a blown transfer case with the deathwine so I was forced to go ahead and replace it. I did call Shep and he answered promptly and was courteous, thats all I have to say about him. I called Jon @ TRE and he picked up right away, I gave him the lowdown on what was happening with my car and we discussed my options.

at first I just wanted to get my TC rebuilt with a new ring and pinion but Jon said the R&P were gonna take a few weeks to get in, so me being impatient I went ahead and purchased a brand new unit straight from mitsu with the TRE treatment + LSD.

I had much correspondence with Jon and I must say that he came off as a no BS kind of person, he was not one to sugarcoat anything ( just the quality i want in someone doing this kind of work for me ). Every time i sent Jon an email I always recieved a reply at the latest the next day, and everytime I called I always got a person on the other line. A+ customer service.

When I recieved the transfercase I was pleasantly supprised to find that all the nessisary gaskets were included (already bought them at the dealer DOH). the TC was carefully packaged and got to me in perfect condition. all bolts were torqued correctly and it truely was ready to straight into the car. Im still breaking in the tc according to the document sent with the TC but I will update this thread after driving on it for awhile.

CLIFF NOTES: Jon@TRE=
Old Aug 14, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's great to hear. I had Jon build me a tranny for my GSX when I had it and his service was second to none then as well.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My expierence as well! Will always stay with Jon at TRE for my TC/tranny needs.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had 5 TRE transmissions in DSMs and Evos. Always great personal service, excellent information about options I needed and those I really didn't, and excellent products when received and installed. These transmissions just plain work