Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

BAD experierience w/ JonDemand

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JondemandSales
So as soon as you check your Pay Pal, I'll be expecting a response right?

Btw, I know the check was late. But if it arrives with the next few days, could you rip it up?

We're gonna keep trying to send call tags for that hood you still have. Lets try to work together, so we can end on a better note. I just want to try to get this over with, as painless as possiable.
I just checked it. $1300 minus $38 (paypal fee)= $1262
I am owed back $1315, I will not "settle" on the amount.
$690-lip $625-cluster

When you guys sent me the wrong rear strut bar, I sent it back, and paid the shipping myself. I hope that you guys don't expect me to "eat" the Paypal fee, especially w/ all that I have gone through w/ you guys.

And, on the subject of the hood, it has been ready to b picked up for over two months now.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

lol @ paypal fees
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

it's the principle, not the money that matters to me.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Hook me up with information.

What you ordered, when, name, address. I'll tell you whatsup.

And I'm going to try to apply all this to J On Demand. I'm running freely, so I'll try to get things done. I'm just new, and I'm trying to figure out how stuff is run. Gimme a bit of time!

-Rob

/edit.

BTW, another P.E. employee is here to. My co-worker, Jon. Hes gonna work with me to get things in shape. Hes a bit better than me tho.
Rob,

I got a UPS notification that a "Dynamic Automotive" sent me a 22lb package and I have a sneaking suspicion it's you guys since I don't really have anything else on order, and the weight fits what I ordered. Let me know!

- Patrick
Old Sep 15, 2007, 03:13 AM

Garage HRS Exhaust

jod. The message box of you guys are full and I just sent Brende an e-mail about the status of my Garage HRS exhaust that I ordered 8 weeks ago. Pls pm me back asap. Thanks.

Ryan
Old Sep 15, 2007, 01:47 PM
Account Disabled

Darren, can you check your e-mail?

Ryan, can you AIM one of us through AIM?

-Rob

Last edited by JondemandSales; Sep 15, 2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 02:48 PM

over 6000 views... only JonDemand have it
Old Sep 15, 2007, 03:09 PM

Hey Rob, I want to AIM one of you guys but both James and Brende are offlined.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ryan0414
Hey Rob, I want to AIM one of you guys but both James and Brende are offlined.
Hey Ryan, i just send u a PM. I've been online all day but my name is JondemandBrendan. who knows why my username on here is misspelled haha.

Hey guys, Hiro is really busy with alot of stuff, so u can contact me via PM or on aim @ JondemandBrendan, and i'm online atleast 10 hours a day everyday. thanks guys

Brendan
Old Sep 15, 2007, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Good god! Give these guys a break.

It's a new company dealing with parts sourced from overseas. It is obvious they are going through some growing pains. So keep that in mind before you order and then decide to start posting a series of melodramatic rants.

I read the reviews before I ordered from them. I understood the time frames I would be dealing with and I was clear about the size and sophistication of the company to which I was giving my money. I was clear that they didn't have a million dollars worth of inventory to satisfy the need for instant gratification that most Americans desire in order to be happy.

Even if they did they probably wouldn't have most of what people want in stock because the suppliers fabricate product per order and don't carry surplus inventories. This says nothing of the mess involved with shipping one or two overseas container at a time and then going through the customs nightmare. I thought about all of this before placing and order.

I can't call up Garage HRS, Voltex or any other small JDM performance componet company and order something. Hiro can and seem to have the relationship to get boutique jdm performance parts, so that is why I give them my business.

I am an adult and I can make informed decisions. I bought and evo, I heavily modified the engine and now the exterior. It cost money and there are no guarantees. If you wanted quick and painless go buy something from APR or rice out and get a Wingswest kit or something from Kaminari.

From what I can tell JonDemand is three or so guys busting their asses to try and start something from the ground up. They seem to be good people trying to get their heads above water selling product lines that have shakey ETAs at best.

Yes they are full of it some of the time, yes you have to bug them, and yes you have to wait. Such is life. If it hurts to throw a couple grand to the wind this may not be the game for you. If you start to cry after a month because your voltex difuser hasn't been delivered same thing. It's not like ordering from Tirerack or Vivid.

I hope they get it together before the EVOM community destroys what could be a good company. As an aside, everything I have order has eventually shown up.

Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

So as soon as you check your Pay Pal, I'll be expecting a response right?

Btw, I know the check was late. But if it arrives with the next few days, could you rip it up?

We're gonna keep trying to send call tags for that hood you still have. Lets try to work together, so we can end on a better note. I just want to try to get this over with, as painless as possiable.
Sorry, I personally have nothing against JoD but I thought I'd repost this tidbit. Personally I could care less about JDM junk. But I buy 95% of everything (excluding groceries) on the internet and it always amazes me at how few vendors really know the rules.

§ 12.6. You Have The Right To Keep Any Unordered Goods You Receive

Both Federal2 and Maine law prohibit anyone who sends you merchandise you did not order from billing you for it or from pressuring you to return it. By law, you may keep the merchandise and consider it a gift. Of course, if the merchandise is delivered to you by mistake, instead of to the person named on the address, you cannot keep it. Specifically, Maine law states:

I'm also assuming that you'll be modifying your refund policy to match FTC regs... since it is the law. 7 days, not 30.

Last edited by s2kguy; Sep 17, 2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:53 PM
Account Disabled

I think he knows whats right and whats wrong s2kguy,

Joel..
guess what we got going to you today (or tomorrow)??

We just cleared customs on Voltex, so shipments will go out this week.. We cleared out our inbox so you can pm us back or email us... Were always on aim and near the phone also.

Last edited by JondemandSales; Sep 17, 2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Mmmmmm Ralliart Recaros.

I can't wait for my stuff guys! Getting excited over here. Thanks for the straight answers

- Patrick
Old Sep 17, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

alright here, well....that was a FUN TWO HOURS OF READING!!! I personally haven't dealt with JONDEMAND but my bddy K, who is a member here, has and lets just say that he runs a tight timeframe.

Anything JDM is going to have a wait. 2 reasons..1) Japan is not next door to us and 2) if you could get everything you wanted that fast, then WOULD IT REALLY BE JDM?

Being JDM is not about having the most expensive item, but it is about having exclusivity. If you did't wait then everyone would have it and it really wouldn't be exclusive now, would it?

Being a bit of an importer in Dominican Republic, things that come from Japan take some time and that freight container isn't full, you better believe that the shipping company is going to charge you the same amount as if it were. Customs here is not as bad since many have people on the inside but we are still subject to the same inspections the US is.

As far as having JONDEMAND be late with orders, we all have to understand that some things do take some time. On the other hand, we all need to be on the same base. If one person says today and another says a week...who do you believe?

This is just my .02 and even though i read the WHOLE ENTIRE thread, it hasn't changed my mind about buying from JONDEMAND, so Hiro, or whoever it may be, when K calls, it will probably be regarding a 2000 VI TME.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 05:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mymigi
alright here, well....that was a FUN TWO HOURS OF READING!!! I personally haven't dealt with JONDEMAND but my bddy K, who is a member here, has and lets just say that he runs a tight timeframe.

Anything JDM is going to have a wait. 2 reasons..1) Japan is not next door to us and 2) if you could get everything you wanted that fast, then WOULD IT REALLY BE JDM?

Being JDM is not about having the most expensive item, but it is about having exclusivity. If you did't wait then everyone would have it and it really wouldn't be exclusive now, would it?

Being a bit of an importer in Dominican Republic, things that come from Japan take some time and that freight container isn't full, you better believe that the shipping company is going to charge you the same amount as if it were. Customs here is not as bad since many have people on the inside but we are still subject to the same inspections the US is.

As far as having JONDEMAND be late with orders, we all have to understand that some things do take some time. On the other hand, we all need to be on the same base. If one person says today and another says a week...who do you believe?

This is just my .02 and even though i read the WHOLE ENTIRE thread, it hasn't changed my mind about buying from JONDEMAND, so Hiro, or whoever it may be, when K calls, it will probably be regarding a 2000 VI TME.
That was exactly what I was thinking. I just couldn't put it into words very well.

-Rob

Quick Reply: BAD experierience w/ JonDemand