Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

BAD experierience w/ JonDemand

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
offtopic, but if anyone reads this from JonDemand....what happend to the post about JUN Mivec cams?

I've been trying to get pricing from you guys all week...the topic was closed and then when I tried to send a PM I got an error telling me the mailbox was full....

JUN Mivec 272's to 98902, quoted both with and without springs and retainers.

thanks
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I was going to start a thread of my own talking about my relationship with Hiro and JonDemand, but this thread seems to have caught on so...

I ordered an EVC-6 from Hiro about 3 months ago. Initially, I recieved a limited edition EVC-5, not what I ordered, so I called. Hiro answers with, hold on to that one and we will send you the correct one ASAP. I decided to send him back the other one, realizing that he'd now have my money and the product, but I had faith. Anyway, I started to get a little anxious after 2 months past, and I started to be a pest and call him everyday, sometimes more. Every SINGLE time I called Hiro or someone picked up the phone, except for when they were at HIN, which they had already posted info in their vendor forum. He also picked up the phone after learning about his friends death.

As for the EVC-6, it showed up 2 weeks ago. I paid 460.00 shipped, which is much better than any other place I've found. Thanks Hiro, I apologize for my impatients and hope you don't give up. The pioneers always get hit with the arrows.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What a suprise Hiro, no tracking number or email from you. Starting to think i should just give my customers back there money they left for a deposit, Thanks Hiro!! I wish you were just honest with me from the begining.

Last edited by Chris@nolimitmotors; Sep 8, 2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have gone back and forth with jondemand,(mostly my impaitents haha) but still they are great to deal with!!! they always answer my question asap!!!
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:01 AM

well it seems the same 3 people are the only ones that are giving JonDemand the thumbs up over and over. That doesn't help when you see that there are so many other people complaining and somehow it's all the same issues. You would figure they would always run into different issues but no it's the same issue for all the customers that complain. They're being told that the product will be here at a certain time and then when they order and pay for it, come to find out that within 5 months or more down the line it's still not here. This is the reason why people are upset. they're being told different ETA times before they order to butter them up and then once they pay, they find out that they can't get their refunds back just b/c they're IMPATIENT? that is crazy. Then they're told to go read their guidelines? c'mon now, I bet if you'd ask every single person that is complaining, they would be telling you the same thing, that they were told a different ETA before they paid. How is it that other companies that are smaller than JonDemand can get the Ralliart lips and body kits in stock quicker and stick to their ETA? I think this is why people are calling you guys liars.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MR EVO 2410
well it seems the same 3 people are the only ones that are giving JonDemand the thumbs up over and over. That doesn't help when you see that there are so many other people complaining and somehow it's all the same issues. You would figure they would always run into different issues but no it's the same issue for all the customers that complain. They're being told that the product will be here at a certain time and then when they order and pay for it, come to find out that within 5 months or more down the line it's still not here. This is the reason why people are upset. they're being told different ETA times before they order to butter them up and then once they pay, they find out that they can't get their refunds back just b/c they're IMPATIENT? that is crazy. Then they're told to go read their guidelines? c'mon now, I bet if you'd ask every single person that is complaining, they would be telling you the same thing, that they were told a different ETA before they paid. How is it that other companies that are smaller than JonDemand can get the Ralliart lips and body kits in stock quicker and stick to their ETA? I think this is why people are calling you guys liars.
Yes i agree with this, if he would have told me my stuff would take over a month and not 5 days i wouldnt be mad. The problem is he told me in 5 days i would have everythng and then i take deposits from customers and now its been over a month and i still have nothing but pissed off customers. I understand stuff can take longer to get it and ETA's might change, but dont tell me "I have it all in stock, you will have it all in 5 days" and now over a month later im still waiting for stuff.

Last edited by Chris@nolimitmotors; Sep 8, 2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:43 AM
Account Disabled

thanks everyone. the thing people dont know us about is we have to do logistics on our own to keep parts cheap. You guys want jdm parts and dont want to pay an arm and a leg so we have to deal with logisitics....

thanks vostok,
every single time we get caught at customs costs us an additional $400-600 dollars out of our pockets for exam fees and trucking fee... you can check with any shipping company in long beach esp Nissin, Top Container, that car parts are at high risk of getting checked at Long Beach port. People been bringing in parted Skylines, and motors that are illegal and thats whats costing the extra security check. We use Top Container and Vanguard right now and they will tell you our shipments do get caught at Customs. Some of you may gotten your products with the green customs tape on it.

People think that customs only take 2 days but that is nothing but BS and im sure you can call any government agency or custom brokers to find that out.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:53 AM
Account Disabled

Anyone who appreciates and actually spends the money to buy JDM for their cars are the patient ones who know what we go through. Many of you who dont know us personally think were nothing but a fake shop, but you guys are judging us by what you hear.. Ive met alot of people from west coast to east coast in events and made alot of friends who i talk to everyday over the phone and aim. They respect me and know that we do run into problems at times that is not our fault. Its the younger kids that always writes something negative and a bandwagon starts.. Im sure if they owned a shop or started a shop, they wouldnt want some unsatisfied customer to write negative things and other people coming onto there.
I think people shouldnt write negative things about any vendor whose trying to make a living doing what they like. If you dont like them, then dont buy from them next time. its easy as that. I can bring on alot of happy customers on this thread by contacting them by i am not going to waste their time. People know who we are and what we do. People who like us will keep on buying from us, and people who dont like us can go to someone else.
Like many threads and posts, people who buy the real jdm and spend alot money are the ones who can wait patiently and appreciate what we do. They appreciate the product of the high quality hand made products.

My friend at this japanese manufacturer said they get yelled at by customers and vendors all the time. Even being a big named manufacturer, people will still complain about the wait.

If you members wanted a vendor to actually spend the money to stock this parts, why dont you protect them from all the grey marketing and stop being cheap.
Most vendors are scared if they spend alot of money stocking on parts and some grey marketer comes and beats his price, they will get stuck with dead stock because people will always go to the cheap person.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Hiro is a stand up guy. he tries his best to deliver to thousands of people from many different forums. He goes to japan to bring more connections to the US. he delivers on his own parts that are ordered to customers houses in CA. Its not the easiest thing to run a company and of course there are unhappy customers with any buissiness but more often than not he delivers. I have recieved over 10 separate orders with him without a hitch. I understand its a waiting game from japan and u just have to be patient. I know how the OP feels and just be patient man. the parcel service is uber slow in getting stuff to their destinations. so just wait it out a few more days and im sure Hiro will deliver your refund.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Red face

What do you know? Inbox is still full.

Jeez, just want a price quote.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

More than one way to contact them, their inbox gets full by the hour:

hishida@j-ondemand.com

714-313-1765-cell

714-963-8888 x12 office

Aim: Jondemandhiro

JOD has been more than helpful for me, never had any issues with them. No need to repost anything, if you're interested in my previous exp with them look for my past threads.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 07:52 PM

my my, look at how this thread has grown. It's funny how with all this talk you still haven't answered Chris's questions. How JonDemand has offered different ETA times before purchase. You had given the man an ETA of 5 days or so, the next thing it's a month. He's a vendor too and wanted to do business with you. I have dealt with JonDemand and so has many of my friends. We've all came across the same problem but we were told the products would be here in 3 weeks. Instead 6 months down the line we still haven't received anything, and it we had to go through hell just to get a refund.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

wow. this thread has really grown.

thanks for all the support. i hope we all can get our issues w/ JonD. resolved.

i'll keep everyone updated about my situation. until then, i'll just wait to see if my refund will ever arrive.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

you can tell what your experience is blah blah.
What kind of customer service is this?..

most of the mods, owner of the mod, vendors know we are stocking up on every single piece of product available from japan and we will hold most exclusivity.
who cares about this...if you can't deliver the goods now what makes you think you can deliver later....

I know things from Japan take long but it doesn't take from November till now just to get a Ralliart lip, and besides why do you adverstise sales on other forums about parts when you haven't even deliver the ones from the customers that have ordered? Looks like you're in over your head...

Quoted from JonDemand:
Ive always contacted you or picked up your calls.

Yea everytime they would call is to tell us a different story about how the product isn't here and why. How is this possible when other vendors that you claim are smaller than you can get parts quicker and either price match or cheaper? I dare you to say they Gray market b/c I know they don't.

If you dont like our policy, dont buy from us. Either way you guys will end up buying from us because we will have control over this market by the end of this yr. Voltex was here to help me gain more control in Japan, and thats why him and other evo manufacturers were here this whole week helping us with our HIN booth.
Once again, I love the customer service here....geez..sounds kinda like a bunch of big headed people...I'm sure this was directed towards all of the EvoM members huh?..real smooth move guys...

If you dont like our service we provide, try somewhere else where they will refund you via paypal instantly
What service?..the man still hasn't received his product...

I have dealt with JonDemand and so have many of my friends in the industry. Not only regular customers but other vendors as well and they have had to cancel shows and orders just b/c these guys can't come through. There are many vendors that have cancelled and aren’t going to get involved in this b/c Hiro knows Charles and has him delete everything we say.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by signalauto27
wow. this thread has really grown.

thanks for all the support. i hope we all can get our issues w/ JonD. resolved.

i'll keep everyone updated about my situation. until then, i'll just wait to see if my refund will ever arrive.
I would hang on to the hood and wait for the refund to come and clear your bank. It's collateral. It's just sad to see that a vendor that claims to be so big and mighty to treat some customers like this. Most of these people that are complaining and even cancelling, have waited patiently more than 5 months when they were told 2-3 weeks. How can you tell people that and turn the story around and tell them different ETAs when they pay you? That's crap

Quick Reply: BAD experierience w/ JonDemand