Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

BAD experierience w/ JonDemand

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Am i going to get any sort of new HONEST eta on our stuff we are still waiting for??
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a simple philosophy in any business that will never get you in trouble.

It callled "under-promise and over-deliver"

Anytime you over-promise and under-deliver, you end up in situations like Jondemand finds themselves in; despite what they think are good intentions.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:49 PM
Account Disabled

hiros at evasives mike s wedding right now. People who complain will always complain about something or about someone else. It will never end. Those members and customers who still stick to us obviously know what they have to do to get their parts. We deal with alot of BS in the office with calls, pms, emails.
I think people expect toooo much from us. Just compare us to other vendors, you cant get any answers at night or on the weekend. Has any of the customer contacted hiro at 1am and he actually gave you a price quote or shipping update?
99% of the other vendors come in on monday-friday from 10am-5pm and thats it. No emails get returned after that until the next day. Atleast we are up trying to get back to you when we are available. We do not just cater to evo customers. Also, you guys always complain about multiple complaints at once, we do not bring over one box at a time. if one container gets caught at customs, there is 20-40ft full of parts in there. Of course its a big mess. But out of the 20-40ft container, there is about 90-120 products and how many people complain? 2-3? Must means most of the other customers are patient with us . Everyone doesnt know our side of the story and what you guys put hiro through. What shop owner do you see online at night trying to help customers out? most shop owners dont even deal with customers and let the workers do. I know most of our customers gained some kind of friendship with hiro over time from talking to him everyday. How many people has even actually met the guy? hes got alot of friends and support from this whole industry. Theres a reason why all these japanese manufacturer trust j-ondemand/hiro to carry their product in the US. Why cant other shops have what J-ondemand has?
I work for hiro because i know hes a stand up guy, our whole staff here is behind him because we see him as a busy person who tries his best to keep you guys satisfied. Ive never seen anyone work 120-140hrs a week. from 8am-3am hes at work either doing management work or taking care of customers. Ya he does make some promises he shouldnt have but things come up. No one is perfect. We get calls from the same customer everyday over and over asking where his stuff is when we tell him it would be 8-11weeks. Why would we know where his stuff is at 4 weeks? Only time we update people is when know it is coming by the arrival notice we get from our broker and when it ships out.

Like hiro said. were stocking up on things to get rid of this problem. we already hired enough people to do customer service and give hiro more break from sales but to get the complaints away was for us to stock enough that we had it all here in the US. Our website should be up shortly within weeks and the parts will be here within couple weeks. Im sure people will deal with us when we have it here so no more waiting time, cheaper than anywhere else, and enough staff to help out each questions.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Who gives a damn if he works 24\7 365 days a year. The bottom line is if he delivers. And from all these complaints it looks like he doesn't. Wow you can call him 1 in the morning and get price quotes? What's the point if you don't get the product until 10 or 12 months later? That's if you even get it at all. You only vouch for him because you are a newb there. Just wait a little while he will do you wrong just like he did wrong to all his old workers. All everybody is pretty much asking is stop the lies and be true to your clients. Don't string them along for months with empty promises.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SidewaysEvo
Who gives a damn if he works 24\7 365 days a year. The bottom line is if he delivers. And from all these complaints it looks like he doesn't. Wow you can call him 1 in the morning and get price quotes? What's the point if you don't get the product until 10 or 12 months later? That's if you even get it at all. You only vouch for him because you are a newb there. Just wait a little while he will do you wrong just like he did wrong to all his old workers. All everybody is pretty much asking is stop the lies and be true to your clients. Don't string them along for months with empty promises.
The point is that no matter how hard Hiro & crew work at it, sometimes there's nothing they can do about delivery. Did you read any of the rest of what he wrote in that post?

I know exactly the situation they have to deal with, as I outlined in an earlier post. But to speak specifically about giving wrong delivery times, here's an example based on my experience.

I deal with a very large company in Japan, they make specific products for us which we sell to our customers. I get a request for quote from a customer for a product they make us. They tell me "We can do it in 4 weeks!". Then I contact my shipping company and they tell me they can have it at the dock in a few days. So I tell the customer it will be 5 weeks at their door, to allow for any problems that arise at the dock. They give me the order, I order from my supplier.

Fast forward to 3-4 weeks later, my supplier tells me it will now be actually 6 weeks. So now the customer is looking at 7 weeks before he actually sees product. I tell this to the customer, they are unhappy now but what are they going to do? They need the product.

Finally the product is done but it's actually taken 7 weeks for it to actually get finished by the supplier. On top of this, Japan is now having a national holiday for a week and nothing can get shipped. This means 8 weeks before it can even get picked up. I tell the customer it's now 9-10 weeks before he will see the product. After the national holiday, I have to get my forwarder to pick up the freight and move it to the dock to get on an airplane or a sea container. This usually takes a few days. In this example we are shipping by airplane, because any time you ship by ocean you have to add AT LEAST 4-6 weeks to any delivery time for JUST transportation, and that's JUST to the west coast. East coast shipments by ocean can take twice to three times that long.

So going by airplane the freight gets to the airport and gets loaded on to an airplane. A day later it arrives at the destination airport. We are now very tight within our 9 week window and edging on our 10 week window. Here's where the fun and joy (sarcasm) of customs comes in to play. Customs can and will hold shipments from anywhere between a few hours to a few weeks, totally at their discretion. At that point you're pretty much screwed because there is nothing you can do to get it out. Let's say things go bad and they hold the freight for two weeks. We're now talking about 11 weeks from our actual order to the supplier, and now we are a week over our last promise to the customer. What still has to be done? Just delivery to the customer right? HA! There's a strong possibility (and by "strong possibility" I mean 99.99998%) customs has trashed the packaging on the freight meaning it has to be repackaged and inspected for damage (because what does customs care about your $1500 uber-rare JDM carbon fiber hood?) before it can be put on a truck to the customer. This can take a few days, up to a week depending on the cargo. And that's just something simple, I can't imagine a shipping container full of 120 individually packaged pieces trashed by customs...

Once the freight has been repackaged we now have to arrange some form of shipping to the customer. This can take a day or two to make sure all the paperwork is in order. Then it gets on a truck on it's merry way to the customer, now up to a full 2-3 weeks passed the 10 weeks we quoted them the third time. As you can imagine the customer is now STEAMED. And even worse, once it's on a truck, if it has to go to the east coast from the west coast, you are talking about at LEAST a week to two weeks and possibly three weeks just for the truck to get there, and that's barring any unforeseen delays.

So there we are, a grand total of 16-17 weeks from the actual order to the delivery to the customer. Sound familliar? And none of it was actually the fault of the intermediary.

If Hiro & crew are getting dates from the suppliers, there's nothing they can do but pass those on to the customer. Yes, he would probably do better to over-estimate on the delivery dates but as you've seen from my example (which has actually happened to me in my business), there's really nothing you can do to control anything once the order has been given to the supplier. They can take their sweet time to do whatever they want with that order, even if they've already made promised dates. And it REALLY does not help that Asia is always taking week long vacations at the worst possible times

Please don't look at the "special thanks" in my signature and think I'm biased here. I'm just trying to help you all understand what it is like dealing with purchasing and shipping logistics with things coming from Japan, from the eyes from someone else who deals with this stuff on a daily basis in his business which is not even related to what Hiro & crew do. It is NO cake walk, and it is NOTHING like dealing with US suppliers WHAT SO EVER.

- Patrick

Last edited by Vostok 7; Sep 9, 2007 at 12:26 AM.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:08 AM

OK now i have to get involved even more...you want to talk about ETA and deliveries? JonDemand did not deliver on time nor with the correct parts even after months and months of waiting. This has happened to my friends and I personally. We had spoke with the workers at JonDemand and Hiro himself and even Mark the other owner. We then get different stories from the workers, different stories from Hiro and then find out from Mark that our parts isn't even here. After months of waiting again, we were told that our parts are in and is at the office for pickup. We then cruise on down within the business hours and finds out that nothing was there. What a waste of time. So what was that all about? You should've seen the looks on their faces when we showed up, they were so shocked we showed up just a bit after our conversation. So tell me what kind of customer service is that? I knew all along that we had to be 1up on JonDemand b/c all the stories that was told to us were never true. Especially when all the people there can't even get the story straight with simple parts. when the parts finally came, they weren't even the correct parts we ordered so then we would have to wait again, so after lies after lies and getting caught in their own lies, how are we supposed to support JonDemand if we're treated like that? That had nothing to even do with ETA but just straight up lies.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:12 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks Pat,

that is exactly what happens to us. We always overquote by a week. Now that weve been in business for 10months, we can guess around how long it takes for a shipment to get here once it leaves. Japan holiday like "obon" was last month and it delayed manufacturing for a whole week. and also labor day weekend delayed stuff here. Once we get packaging back and repack it, we assign tracking numbers to all items going out. we have about 80-100 items going out by then. Then, since bax is the only company everyone uses in this industry for big items, they have a independent trucker to pick these up, and usually they can only pick up 10-15 boxes at a time since the box sizes are usually 72x60x35(usually a bumper). Since they cannot fit it, they come the next day. Also people say "my tracking number doesnt work", thats because it takes them a day or two to sort it out at their warehouse to drop it off at Bax.

Slideway, what is the beef you have with us? its simply, if you didnt like or dont like our service, keep it to yourself and go somewhere else.Thats what i would do, i wouldnt go tell the whole world my bad experience, maybe its because im mature but i dont see why people have to go blab stuff out. What would you do if someone did it to your company or your parents and you or your parents lost customers because couple people had some problems?

If you ask any japanese manufacturer "why do these parts taking longer than expected" they will answer you "everything is hand made and if problem comes, it delays everything". Mr.Nakajima from Voltex was here the other week for HIN LA, some of our customers and vendors from here asked him the same thing. Like Voltex, they are a 4 man crew and they keep the quality really high. Imagine having a 4 man crew make parts for the whole world. They try to do their best at making my time especially Mr.Nakajima knows how us customers can be to us when things are delayed. But sometimes(which happens alot of the time), If the Cyber Evo has to run or one of their friends car has problem with the aero, he has to stop and help his friends out first for the race.
Every Shop has back orders, there is no shop that doesnt. and they are going through the same problem as us. I dont think we get paid enough or charge enough for people to talk negative stuff in public. We always try to keep the price down for all the time lag there is. If you didnt notice, we sometimes air freight products and lose money just to get parts for customers who have race the following days.

Now that winter is coming and Time Attack season/christmas/and new years, Tokyo auto salon.. any orders ordered in october-january will be delayed heavily from any shop you buy. Japanese shops are looking forward to these events all year and they do take a month or two off to prepare for the race or show.
We have written before on forums about these delays and want customers to remember when their products are delayed, it must because of these reasons.
You will not find any other shop who can promise you every single time. and you will not find any other shop who is faster than us because i know how japanese manufacturer works. You can see that we are the only vendor on here that is really direct with these manufacturer from the events, pics, and contracts we post.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
Account Disabled

MrEvo. how come you never pmed us about it?
Me and Mark are the owners and we try to stay away from sales. There is BRENDAN and JASON on here for any EVO related updates or PARTS. Of course if you call one of us, we dont know who you are. We have people assigned to each accounts.

Just call HKS for instance, you think everyone there would know about someones order? Esp the owners or manager of that company.... I dont think so.
Were not a house operated business that everyone knows everything. We have our Warehouse guys, Our Sales/Customer Service guy, Our graphic guy, Our management guys, and the owner.
If you had pmed or contacted jason or brendan, we would of known about your order.
Seems like youre local and Why didnt you just stop by our office?

Last edited by JondemandSales; Sep 9, 2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Why should I keep to myself? So your company can further lie to all customers and provide crappy service?
Old Sep 9, 2007, 01:22 PM
Account Disabled

like i said, not everyone has problems with us. i still get ims and emails from customers sayin this is ridiculous and theyll stick to us because they know what we go through. If you dont like us, then dont use us. Its your opinion that we provide crappy service. Id like you to see if you can keep hundreds of customers happy everyday. If you can do that, ill listen to your opinion. Dont expect us to do what you cant do. We do our best and we know we put extra hours off work talking to customers.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JondemandSales
its simply, if you didnt like or dont like our service, keep it to yourself and go somewhere else.Thats what i would do, i wouldnt go tell the whole world my bad experience, maybe its because im mature but i dont see why people have to go blab stuff out. What would you do if someone did it to your company or your parents and you or your parents lost customers because couple people had some problems?
I think " A COUPLE" is an understatement dog. And no I don't think people should keep it to themselves...CUSTOMERS SHOULD KNOW the GOOD AND BAD of whats going on with your business. Its called VENDOR AWARENESS.
I have an IDEA... focus on customer service rather then bitting off more then you can chew on sales. Once you get that down then you can proceed to larger quantities and more customers. And we all know voltex is a "4 man crew" and "takes time to deliver the parts" but I think hes talking about a RALLIART lip. (wonder how many workers the RALLIART plant has hmm)
Old Sep 9, 2007, 02:45 PM
Account Disabled

Ralliart recently stopped using their manufacturer in china. it was a company called Firesports. You can call Ralliart japan that they are so heavily back ordered we needed our connection in japan to get those. We now have 9 in stock that came 3 months late.
Customer should know the good and bad but every transaction is different. Some customers actually ims or take their time to call us everyday. Some dont and expect a call or service. Every single shop has back orders and im sure they buy from a company like us or even from the manufacturer. There are some stuff no one can control. Everyone should know JDM parts takes long. Its not like China where they just make how ever many they can in 1 day without quality control and dont follow up. If we mess up on a order, we ALWAYS take care the customer the second time by giving free shipping, lower cost, or Freebies. I think that is customer service. Me and Mark both used to work at Sun Automobile and we know what it takes. Even working for a huge manufacturer like Sun, we still couldnt keep up with the calls, inquires and back orders.
Im sure anyone at their job most of the time cant get back to every single customer. We have customers calling us 30-50times a day asking questions and they dont even buy. If all customers would jus understand the process of getting their parts, let us update when things are in and ready to ship out We can control our customer service. We have policy written in our forum before we froze it. By law we are entitled to 30days for refund. By law that is to protect us. Were not doin anything illegal. People expect a next day check or a paypal right away or even chargebacks. We always write that we may run into problem with customs and thats why most chargebacks dont go through. If people just read what we write and before purchasing, this would go alot smoother.
Ive seen 3 other shop that imports goods from japan as a service, theyve all been talked negatively about when they have no control over lag time. Sooner or later no business will want to bring in parts in because the consequences.
We just hired 2 of the industry veteran, one which worked at power enterprise and another at a shop like us. We will be having a meeting this week to talk about how we can control the customer service and better serve you. As you know we are stocking up this month and next month, Im sure you guys wont complain anymore if we have it in stock. And YES we are always trying to improve ourselves. we are less than a year old, served alot of customers and learning from our mistakes. We just ask people to respect us and well do that same back.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by JondemandSales
MrEvo. how come you never pmed us about it?
Me and Mark are the owners and we try to stay away from sales. There is BRENDAN and JASON on here for any EVO related updates or PARTS. Of course if you call one of us, we dont know who you are. We have people assigned to each accounts.

Just call HKS for instance, you think everyone there would know about someones order? Esp the owners or manager of that company.... I dont think so.
Were not a house operated business that everyone knows everything. We have our Warehouse guys, Our Sales/Customer Service guy, Our graphic guy, Our management guys, and the owner.
If you had pmed or contacted jason or brendan, we would of known about your order.
Seems like youre local and Why didnt you just stop by our office?
obviously you didn't read my Message clear enough. You asked if i was local and why we didn't stop by your shop? Read the previous messages again buddy.

I have had many PMs with your company and never got a response. So then I had to call and get answers, and when I did call I got different answers from everyone. So dont' go saying we've nevered tried. You tell me to PM you guys and then turn around and say that you're too busy and when people complain you give us another story. You said we should've stopped by? well we did after you told us that the parts were in and ready for pickup at your office. We then stopped by within the 2 hours period and it was like 2-3pm so it was still business hours. When we got there, what were we told? Oh our parts weren't here, they haven't got word of any deliveries.. You're co-worker with glasses told us that there isn't a shipment that came today and nothing has came to the office. So dont' give me any lip about us not trying to communicate and even stopping by. We only stopped by b/c we were told the parts were there. I would have let this gone quietly and not have said anything but when you guys came on here daring us to go shop somewhere else? and that we're going to have to shop at JonDemand regardless b/c you're gonna own this whole industry? c'mon now, sounds like a slap in the face of many people that are waiting for their parts. Kinda big-headed there don't you think..ssheesh..
Old Sep 9, 2007, 04:23 PM
Account Disabled

we dont have any co workers with glasses.. sorry. you can come again and take a look. was this the diffuser? we remember an impatient customer but were not sure its you. Did you ask us if you can come pick it up? If we say its in our position, it can be at our office or our warehouses. and youre saying you never got your product? or you did? tell us your name
Old Sep 9, 2007, 04:52 PM
mot
Evolved Member

i literally agree with what everyone has said in this post both j ondemand and the people pissed i understand the pissed off people and i agree with them but i somewhat understand what jondemand is saying we all know things take time
but THATS NOT THE ISSUE if you tell me a hood will take 2 years to get and i decide to order it im agreeing to wait 2 years but you guys dont always do that
youll say 7-9 weeks and SOMETIMES it takes 20 weeks and sometimes it takes 1 week everyone i have spoken with that has a problem said the problem is the lies
saying its on the way when its not or saying itll take a certain amount of time and it takes double if not tripple the time you guys need to slow down and quit trying to take over the world and work harder on making your customers happy so youre around longer

also dont say you have a chargeback rule becaues thats 100% BS the credit card comapny is here for there customers not you if someone wants a chargeback 100% of the time unless you can prove they got there product it will be given to them

i woudlnt be surprised if the major credit card companies dropped you guys due to the amount of chargebacks you get

i like j ondemand but when i send people there way and they make me look like a fool i get very irritated you guys need to step up your game or slow down because you wont last long doin things the way theyre getting done

Quick Reply: BAD experierience w/ JonDemand