Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

BAD experierience w/ JonDemand

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2007, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Members, Here is my experience with jondemand.
Last June when Jondemand was heavily advertising in Socalevo about their products, I contacted Hiro about getting a set of Ralliart Recaro racing bucket seats. He said no problem on getting them and the very next day, I went to the shop in Huntington Beach in person to pay my $1300 cash downpayment for the seats. Hiro was very friendly and accomodating telling how they get shipment of containers almost every month and my seats should come in within a month. This was in June 9.
I left the country a month later for my annual vacation so when I came back on Aug. 2, I gave Hiro a call asking if the seats have arrived yet. He said that he just came back from Japan and my seats should be in the next container and he will give me a call when they arrived sometime nextweek.
Waited and no call back, called the shop no answer and left a message on Aug 13.
Aug, 17 got a pm from Jason and it reads:

" The seats landed last week and are currently going through Xray/examination. They should be out any day now. As soon as I get any further information, I will contact you. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks. "
Jason

Aug, 21 made contact with Hiro asking me when is the best time to deliver the seats. I told him not deliver the seats as I will pick them up in person since I lived a few miles away from the shop.

Hiro: " ok, give me a call friday".

Come friday made 4 attempts to call and all I got was voice mail that were full. Attempted to call jondemand shop the next day and same results!
Finally Aug 28 someone answers the phone and said that " Hiro is out busy making shipments from prior customer orders".....I asked" where are my seats?"
And the person on the other end explained how he doesn't have the packing slip and not sure which container my seats were loaded and if loaded in the front it would take awhile to get it out. Also, they were out to HIN Los Angeles that weekend the reason why no one was answering the phone.

Night of sept. 1, got a hold of Hiro over the phone and told me that Jason is personally taking care of my orders and should give me an update tuesday(sept 4.)
Waited all day tuesday and no calls from Jason. Wednesday made 2 phone calls but Jason is busy and left my number for call back.
Finally late that day Jason called and said seats should be in sometime next week according to Hiro and my reply was "what do you mean according to Hiro?!"

Jason: " that's what Hiro told me"

Friday Sept 7 made another call to jondemand hoping to get a hold of Hiro with no luck and got Mark instead. I asked him about my seats and after checking the packing slip I finally got a location!

Mark: " it's in our Hacienda warehouse and call next week to set up pick up"

Now, you guys be the judge on what kind of customer service jondemand has. I have been very patient with jondemand and it's staff and will keep you guys posted on this. We'll see if jondemand can finally deliver to it's promise.

Last edited by f125gpracr; Sep 9, 2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 07:58 PM
Account Disabled

joel,

We told you last week that you would be able to get your seats sometimes this week. Even when they get to the port here, we have no control over customs and their procedures. We tried to keep you updated the best we could. Even after you spoke with Jason on Tuesday (9/4), and he explained that they would be ready for pick up this week, you continued to contact us later on that same week?? Things did not change from Tuesday to Friday. Not to mentiont that parts from Japan usually take 8-12 weeks to get here. Today would make it the 12th week so we're right on schedule. You will be able to pick them up this week.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 08:07 PM

Thats the same story i was told over and over everytime. They lag it out throughout the whole week and so happens they contact you late thurs or friday and tell you to wait until monday. They've told me to call back or check back on Mondays many times. I just got tired of it and so did my friends. We ended up not getting anything after all those months of waiting. Even up until recently, the new workers are still lying to us when we just called to check to see what's available for pick up.

Oh, and you said that there were no workers there that wore glasses? dont' give me that you know exactly who I was talking about. He drove a RX8 and was there everytime we came by and was answering calls and everything. Mark was even talking to him about shipment so don't act like you don't know your own workers. I've even dealt with Eric, your former worker before and he seems more honest then some of the people currently working now?

As you can see guys, this company doesn't even remember their workers, so how is it possible for them to remember their customers? and the office has like 5 workers that you see everyday. That is whack.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by JondemandSales
joel,

We told you last week that you would be able to get your seats sometimes this week. Even when they get to the port here, we have no control over customs and their procedures. We tried to keep you updated the best we could. Even after you spoke with Jason on Tuesday (9/4), and he explained that they would be ready for pick up this week, you continued to contact us later on that same week?? Things did not change from Tuesday to Friday. Not to mentiont that parts from Japan usually take 8-12 weeks to get here. Today would make it the 12th week so we're right on schedule. You will be able to pick them up this week.

Good if we are on schedule. I will be calling this week......Members I'll keep you guys posted and stay tuned.

Last edited by f125gpracr; Sep 9, 2007 at 08:45 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quite the thread this has developed into.

I too had a small problem that turned (we'll see tomorrow) into a solution. I was given an excellent price on a Garage HRS downpipe from Hiro. ETA was given, and unfortunately was nto delivered upon. Problems with customs and fellow distributors led to no downpipe, but I can say that everytme I contacted Hiro, he did respond....something very important to me.

Seeing as to how things wern't going so good on the DP, Hiro made a suggestion that perhaps there was another product of the JDM flavor I wanted/needed just as bad. The answer was simple: JDM rear!

I made payment, and in fact got a tracking number next day...he said he'd ship it out and it did. The tracking number didn't work for a few days, but low and behold, on the 6th my rear entered O'Hare.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be delivered, we'll see if everything goes smoothly.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

yea thats why i just ended up having relations with the source.. i know a few people in japan that can get me parts.. i would suggest the JDm fans out there to make some relations with some japan companies out there.. they'll be able to deliver faster than here.. just do ur research...
Old Sep 9, 2007, 09:42 PM
Account Disabled

the thing with that is when you order a kit, the only way they can ship is through air shipment. since they dont have a quantity discount on ocean freight, the price rises. When companies have exclusive in the US, they will either get penalized from the manufacturer in Japan or get their account closed.
Most manufacturer in the US now pretends to be a customer and orders a product through suspicious vendors to track where in japan it came from.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

What i dont understand, and correct me if im wrong. But if you have a problem with a vendor the first time about getting a product, why in the hell would u order from them again?
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:20 PM
Account Disabled

Most customers talk to us online all day and night. from that we feel that customers feel more safer. Find out we have similiar interests, know the same people, meet each other at shows and race events.
Im usually online 20hrs a day everyday, even if im in japan and alot of my customers i chat with them daily. Were more of a friend basis once we talk for a while. Thats how most of the industry in california is. All jdm manufacturers are located here within 30mins from us. Also, we offer the best prices out there.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Please stop this madness...

For people who do not like JoD, You don't have to bash this company anymore. If you don't like them, don't order or purchase from them anymore. Just tell your story and let others judge about the company from your story. We already know your point if you don't like the service. Try to contact them by email or call if you have problem with them. I'm sure they will do their best to help you.

I know about JoD... I know how their service is... and... I am still going back to them to purchase more JDM goods... They give me really good deal... For me, it's good enough to have a vendor like JonDemand...

I don't hate people who don't like JoD... It's a preference if you like JoD or not...

I hope this could be solve soon... So, there are no WAR between us...
Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:02 AM
Account Disabled

thanks anton
Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

I love the “Its at the warehouse I just need one of my workers to pick it up. Answer.”. Then 3 weeks go by and they still don't have it. One of my buddys went down to jondemand and was going to drive Hiro to there storage place. Then hiro made some b.s. up and that didn't happen.

The lies that come from this company are crazy. And I have never heard so many stories told about why a part is not there. Who cares if you talk to people online all day. If you don't deliver what's the point.

Maybe jondemand is on to something. I should open up a shop and take peoples money and never deliver what I promise. And if I email people and talk to them online it will be ok. The J in Jondemands demand must stand for Joke on demand.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SidewaysEvo
I love the “Its at the warehouse I just need one of my workers to pick it up. Answer.”. Then 3 weeks go by and they still don't have it. One of my buddys went down to jondemand and was going to drive Hiro to there storage place. Then hiro made some b.s. up and that didn't happen.

The lies that come from this company are crazy. And I have never heard so many stories told about why a part is not there. Who cares if you talk to people online all day. If you don't deliver what's the point.

Maybe jondemand is on to something. I should open up a shop and take peoples money and never deliver what I promise. And if I email people and talk to them online it will be ok. The J in Jondemands demand must stand for Joke on demand.
its okay me and my friends got the same story about a year ago. Its the infamous "its here but its over in our warehouse..well have to get it"
Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:58 AM
Account Disabled

Slideways, get a life already. If you want to come and complaint, were here everyday all day long. Quit hiding behind a computer and being childish. If you want to say something to us, come say it to us personally. Were not that far away from you. I dont need people driving me around or telling me to get their part when im busy. If you cant wait couple hrs or days then learn to be patient. i know you didnt wait more than 8 weeks for your parts. Why dont you open a shop and try to do what we go through, then youd understand.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

My .02 cents... I have read this whole thread. It seems that everyone is pissed about not getting a semi accurate ETA on parts being delivered. JOD says X amount of days/weeks and it seems to (for the most part) not to be even close. It seems that everyone understands the issues that may arise when ordering parts from Japan. Assuming that JOD is not new to these issues one would think that they have a better handle on shipping dates. Im inclined to agree with 4 Wheel Slide on this. Maybe JOD should not bill CC's until they have product in hand and set for shipping. This would ease some of the B.S. with refunds. Oh and having a part in a container somewhere in customs doesnt mean the part is in stock. The part is in stock when the vendor has it readily available to ship.

Quick Reply: BAD experierience w/ JonDemand