Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ebay Coil on Plug Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basically guys, if I was going to spend around 1K on an ignition system, I would not spend it with these guys. They are very reminiscent of RnR racing. Once they take your money they quit answering calls and responding to emails. While I was inquiring to purchase a system, they were quick to respond. After that, I have only received one email with a lame excuse about not delivering due to being on vacation, but the week before when I paid them they said it would ship next week. They must have known they would be on vacation so that should have been included in the ECD to ship.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by joeracer321
Basically guys, if I was going to spend around 1K on an ignition system, I would not spend it with these guys. They are very reminiscent of RnR racing. Once they take your money they quit answering calls and responding to emails. While I was inquiring to purchase a system, they were quick to respond. After that, I have only received one email with a lame excuse about not delivering due to being on vacation, but the week before when I paid them they said it would ship next week. They must have known they would be on vacation so that should have been included in the ECD to ship.
That is totally NOT TRUE.The big difference with them and RNR is that when you spend your money with them (Spark Tech) you WILL recieve what you paid for and with RNR you were only sent Hopes and Dreams and empty Promises......
Trust me you will not be disappointed when you recieve your product..
Old Jan 22, 2008, 02:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by turboDan
That is totally NOT TRUE.The big difference with them and RNR is that when you spend your money with them (Spark Tech) you WILL recieve what you paid for and with RNR you were only sent Hopes and Dreams and empty Promises......
Trust me you will not be disappointed when you recieve your product..

very true
Old Jan 22, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Why do these guys let people get so pissed off at them then? They don't respond to emails or return calls. I have event to run this weekend and I will not be competitive if I can't boost more than 23 or 24 PSI. I made this clear when I ordered and they said that they will deliver in plenty of time. And I had my doubts and unfortunately I was right. It hasn't been months or anything since I have been waiting but regardless they made a commitment date and have blown it twice. And as I told them, people make purchasing trade-offs when they are choosing a vendor and if I would have known that their ECD's are bullsh*t I would have called up someone else who CAN deliver. But I chose their product based on Paul's comments. Then I come to find out that there are other people with issues with the product and those on a long wait for the product. This doesn't give me a warm fuzzy if I do have an issue and I can't get it fixed because they don't respond. So do you guys (Turbodan and Inneedof) see my point?
Old Jan 22, 2008, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Why do these guys let people get so pissed off at them then? They don't respond to emails or return calls. I have event to run this weekend and I will not be competitive if I can't boost more than 23 or 24 PSI. I made this clear when I ordered and they said that they will deliver in plenty of time. And I had my doubts and unfortunately I was right. It hasn't been months or anything since I have been waiting but regardless they made a commitment date and have blown it twice. And as I told them, people make purchasing trade-offs when they are choosing a vendor and if I would have known that their ECD's are bullsh*t I would have called up someone else who CAN deliver. But I chose their product based on Paul's comments. Then I come to find out that there are other people with issues with the product and those on a long wait for the product. This doesn't give me a warm fuzzy if I do have an issue and I can't get it fixed because they don't respond. So do you guys (Turbodan and Inneedof) see my point?
I just emailed Craig to get a hold of you. I know he went on a 2800mile trip to test out the system with the stock ecu. Visiting CBRD/JM Fab and others but this is no excuse for him not to take of you or keep his commitments. Ill get him to get ahold of you real quick. Sorry about the hassle.
Both Craig and his wife are good folks and will do right by you i have no doubt
Old Jan 22, 2008, 04:54 PM
Account Disabled

I totally see your point and I am the worst person to sell to if you cannot ship when you say that you are going to.Just ask anyone who I have purchased from that did not ship when they said they would ,I am worse then your parents with the NAGGING.With that being said I see that you say that you have an Event this comming up weekend,and it is only Tuesday.I do not know the rest of the story and don't really need to as that is between you and Craig but believe me when I tell you this,he will deliver the goods.I would even go as far as to say I would not be the least bit suprised if he didn't next day air you the unit just so you can make your event(as next day air is not cheap by any way/shape/form).Ask Paul as that is what happened when he got his.You will forget all about this once you get your unit,ask anyone who has made a purchase from them.Good luck at your event and please post once you get your unit,good or bad.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
spark tech is no way even close to RNR. RNR scammed people and gave them parts that where straight up junk. plan and simple.

spark tech is a one man show. who builds ignitions for more then one car. there not just all about evo's and dsm's. there top quality and you get more for your money. you also get great costumer service if you have any problems with the unit. anyone who has this system has the best. no other company can come close to this guys system. and the people who bought them and have experience with them will also tell you you are dealing with the best out there in ignition systems.

so what if he is a little behind. the wait is worth it in every way. you got to understand things happen. but the owner of spark tech does what he can to make it up to you. he was in the tristate for about a week on vaca and also work related reasons. the man drove to my house to hang out and a few other things. on his way his car started to have trouble with the radiator fans not working. he also just got over being really really sick. cut the guy a brake guys. he has a few well known people on evom who you can contact if you cant get a hold of him. I am one of them. if for some reason you cant get a hold of craig from spark tech feel free to pm me with whatever questions you have or whatever the reason may be. i can and will help you out.

again be patient and understanding. in the end your going to get one of the best mods you will ever buy for your 4G63.

Last edited by EvoDan2004; Jan 26, 2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:31 PM

I live in New Zealand and ordered the system from Craig a few weeks before Xmas, it arrived just after new years. Not bad at all shipping time was three days.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Craig takes 5 hrs to put 1 unit together and makes very little profit after cost.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:42 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bought my unit 5 months ago. It was sent back twice. Got verbally abused by gtpumps from the uk to the usa stating installer error, plugs, injectors etc. Turns out they were not wired correctly by this company. It has not worked in 5 months. Last time it was sent back took over 30 days. Threats of cc chargebacks was the only reason my system came back thirty something days later after the second return at my expense.

We were also accused of trying to copy and manufacture these systems.
Then delay was tried to be placed by this seller because we took a few days to pack this a second time at OUR EXPENSE to return it AGAIN. This was completed over 30 days before he had the unit back in his office on the 18th of DECEMBER.

Then adding insult to injury he stated that we wanted the unit not to work purposely so we could sell OKADA coils! We would not have needed to pursue other ignitions if the one we spent $1000+ on actually worked correctly EVER!

There were no VIII system ads on ebay at the time of purchase so we bought the IX system. Knowing the ignitions were the same from 03-06, we didnt see a difference. He accused us of ordering the IX unit so we could copy it.

Originally Posted by ebay seller
It took you a couple of weeks to find a box to send it back to us. We
also asked you to message us when it was shipped back to us...you never
did. We then went on scheduled vacation. That was your fault. We are
back to work and your system was scheduled to leave today prior to your
message. I don't think you will ever be happy with anything. You have
repeatably voiced your opinion on evo m and I don't expect any kind
words or gestures from you. I realize you wanted us to fail so you
could sell Okada but that's not going to happen. I also know you
intended to copy our product and that's the reason you ordered a evo 9
system to install on a 8.
We recently completed 2800miles of road testing and our ignition
system has worked flawlessly on stock ecu.

Thanks
Craig
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering to Ebay Seller
There is no excuse in having a system sit around for 30 days unrepaired. I
am an ebay customer of yours as well as a common field business
relationship.

The 4+ weeks you have had the system is after we found the time to send in
the unit and had been received by you.

Your vacation has nothing to do with the end consumer. Whether me or someone
else.

If ill will was how we wanted to deal with you, trust me it would be handled
in that matter as well as leave you rebuttal-less as a long time sponsor
vendor. All we have ever wanted is a working unit for the $1000+ we have
spent jerking around. Being ridiculed by gt-pumps telling us
it was everything from user install error to spark plugs and injector type
in USA and UK forums. I have been well patient, wasted countless hours
testing this on multiple cars, spent additional funds shipping back a unit
TWICE that should have worked from the get-go. This is the second time the
unit was returned. Any street customer would have already charged you back
for the unit at this point.

I never wanted you to fail. You do a fabulous job at that without any
intervention from this end retail consumer.

We have experimented with at least 10 ignition systems for the Evo. It is
what we do. Okada required a minimum buy in so we had no use for multiple
sets of coils in order to test one set on my own car. I could sell anything
I believe in that works whether yours, HKS, OKADA, MSD or the like. Fact of
the matter is you sent out fubared units for some time, no one's ever worked
on the evo as demonstrated in countless evom posts and threads and it wasn't
until you bought the silver evo that you even figured out your wiring
deficiency by testing the improperly set up unit on your own car.

I have never had an interest in copying your unit. I think the price point
is there for what you deliver if you can deliver a working product.

I made a number of coilon-plug systems years ago which I have sold out of as
I do not have the time to dedicate to wiring and heatshrinking connections
all day when spending my time custom tuning at $xxx/hr is exponentially more
fruitful then messing with COP plates. Could I make them again? Sure could.
Am I interested in doing so and is it a cost effective/time venture?
Absolutely not.

I am certain based on your response that your lack of response time to a
retail customer is due to the previously mentioned fact that you have
accused us of wanting to copy the product. There was no option for Evo8 COP
on ebay at the time of the ad and purchase of the unit. Your notion is
ridiculous, you have deliberately ignored us and made a series of poor
judgements along the way. All we ever wanted was to cure a misfire that
can a rod bearing on methanol/nitromethane injection when it blows out
the spark at high boost.

I up uphalled at your response that your failure to deliver a working
product in months has anything to do with this end-user.

TTP
At this point, the unit was finally returned for the 2nd time after spending additional funds returning it twice. It now misfires at under 4000rpms, but works after that. We will adjust fueling maps in this load areas as well as try a few sets of plugs. At this point it is better than it had worked in the past but it seems the misfire is present in a different area.

Took it to the strip tonight and did a 11.9 @ 116.55 on evogreen wga pressure and 93 octane.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Jan 26, 2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
spark tech is no way even close to R&R. R&R scammed people and gave them parts that where straight up junk. plan and simple.

RNR, not R&R haha.

You wear that join date with pride, don't you

Scorke
Old Jan 26, 2008, 06:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi guys, Thanks to all the support and kind words from our many happy customers. This reminds me of an old saying I heard. "You can please some of the people all of the time. You can please all of the people some of the time. But you can’t please all of the people all of the time. "

With regards to Scott's TTP transaction there are lots of details and facts which seem to have been forgotten by him and personally don't care to create a battlefield on the forum.

We are constantly upgrading our systems to stay ahead of the competition. We are currently working on a new billet aluminum mounting plate with recessed coils. We also now offer varflex (varflex.com) military spec 400degree F heat sleeve to cover coil leads as an option. We are working hard to improve our delivery times and appreciate your patience and understanding.

This weekend we should be completed with our vendor status on this forum. By the end of next week we will have 5 completed systems in stock and ready for shipment. Any further questions feel free to pm me.

Thanks
Craig
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the update Craig. Can't wait to get ours and test it out!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread should have been placed in the 'REVIEW' threads.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by scorke
RNR, not R&R haha.

You wear that join date with pride, don't you

Scorke

it was 309am in the morning. geeeeeeeze. do you follow me??? HAHAH

Quick Reply: Ebay Coil on Plug Review