Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ebay Coil on Plug Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would you want this system on a stock ece stock turbo just running high boost? i was goin to get a hks dfi but would rather spend the extra change and handle things in the beginning
Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBallin
would you want this system on a stock ece stock turbo just running high boost? i was goin to get a hks dfi but would rather spend the extra change and handle things in the beginning
well it depends on a few things. but in the top rpms high boost the c.o.p. will shine big time over the hks dli. is it needed????? yes and no. 1st look at your setup. then question your self if your going bigger in the future. if so its in your best interest to spend the money one time. why spend 450 for a hks dli and then in another year another 1000.00 for the c.o.p. ur at almost 1500 for 1 mod u could of saved 450 on.

so i would say this. if your staying stock turbo high boost ''28ish'' go with the hks dli. UNLESS you want all u can possibly get out of your setup. otherwize if your upgrading in the future get the c.o.p. now and be done with it and save your self from buying parts twice. you will not be disappointed when getting the c.o.p. though. i do here the hks dli has some issues with burning out nd stuff. but i never had one to get 1st hand experience with it. i went right to the best.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
well it depends on a few things. but in the top rpms high boost the c.o.p. will shine big time over the hks dli. is it needed????? yes and no. 1st look at your setup. then question your self if your going bigger in the future. if so its in your best interest to spend the money one time. why spend 450 for a hks dli and then in another year another 1000.00 for the c.o.p. ur at almost 1500 for 1 mod u could of saved 450 on.

so i would say this. if your staying stock turbo high boost ''28ish'' go with the hks dli. UNLESS you want all u can possibly get out of your setup. otherwize if your upgrading in the future get the c.o.p. now and be done with it and save your self from buying parts twice. you will not be disappointed when getting the c.o.p. though. i do here the hks dli has some issues with burning out nd stuff. but i never had one to get 1st hand experience with it. i went right to the best.

thats kinda what i figured, i plan goin big turbo later but not right now. at the moment i have every bolt on except a turbo. everything is ported and extc. really dont even need the dli atthe moment but i think im goin meth
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BigBallin
thats kinda what i figured, i plan goin big turbo later but not right now. at the moment i have every bolt on except a turbo. everything is ported and extc. really dont even need the dli atthe moment but i think im goin meth
then get the c.o.p. when you do see if craig ''owner of spark tech'' has the updated features avalible. if so get them then youll be another step ahead of them game. trust me you cant go wrong here. and there are many people who can help you out in the event of an issue. pm me any time.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
i do here the hks dli has some issues with burning out nd stuff. but i never had one to get 1st hand experience with it. i went right to the best.
The DLI systems have proven themself up to and well over the 5-600whp mark.

DLI has issues with burning out and stuff? What on earth are you talking about?

Scorke
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have seen DLI's work up at 700whp on a car goin 9.30's.. Even if spark is not blowing out though you will pick up HP with COP... my car made 35whp just putting the Buschur COP..
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
The DLI systems have proven themself up to and well over the 5-600whp mark.

DLI has issues with burning out and stuff? What on earth are you talking about?

Scorke

i have read some issues with the dli box failing. maybe im wording it wrong.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
Former Sponsor

yeah with any electronic box you will see some failures.. I have seen AEM EMS take a dump before as well..
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would go with a COP setup with m&w box anyday over DLI. With that m&w box you can set the dwell to 0 and the box will compensate automatically.

Craig is a busy guy but he has always gotten back to me. Very good guy and great to deal with. When I ordered mine it was delayed a week or so, he overnighted it to me to make it up to me. When I call him up and he does answer, he answers saying hello Antonio, apparantly I'm already programmed in his cell phone

Cut him a break, he'll def come thru and the product is well worth it.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Bought my unit 5 months ago. It was sent back twice. Got verbally abused by gtpumps from the uk to the usa stating installer error, plugs, injectors etc. Turns out they were not wired correctly by this company.
Mate give us a break I have never spoken to you. I have never sold you anything.
I have only tried to offer helpful advice at every opportunity.

But I guess on forums you can say whatever you want to create whatever status quo suits you.

You may be dissappointed in your experience so far (which is fair enough) however clearly there are many many cars running this setup without issue.
Everybody wants the system to work on your car so why go and bag out the system at every opportunity in the USA and UK, have you ever considered if it turns out to be some particular issue with your car, then you might look a little stupid?

I would suggest you do more engineering and less typing

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
At this point, the unit was finally returned for the 2nd time after spending additional funds returning it twice. It now misfires at under 4000rpms, but works after that. We will adjust fueling maps in this load areas as well as try a few sets of plugs. At this point it is better than it had worked in the past but it seems the misfire is present in a different area.
Took it to the strip tonight and did a 11.9 @ 116.55 on evogreen wga pressure and 93 octane.
Anyhow sounds like some progress which is good to hear.

Last edited by gtpumps; Jan 26, 2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@USPMotorsports
I have seen DLI's work up at 700whp on a car goin 9.30's.. Even if spark is not blowing out though you will pick up HP with COP... my car made 35whp just putting the Buschur COP..
Yes this has been a difficult concept to get across to people. The fact that even though you don't actually have a missfire your ignition system may still be lacking.
It's all about an efficient burn, you need to get the maximum possible energy from that air fuel mix trapped in the cylinder.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

The DLI2 was only good for about 700whp and a plug gap of about 17-19 even then they would foul out quick. The dsm coils did much better than the dli2
Old Jan 26, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gtpumps
Mate give us a break I have never spoken to you. I have never sold you anything.
I have only tried to offer helpful advice at every opportunity.

But I guess on forums you can say whatever you want to create whatever status quo suits you.

You may be dissappointed in your experience so far (which is fair enough) however clearly there are many many cars running this setup without issue.
Everybody wants the system to work on your car so why go and bag out the system at every opportunity in the USA and UK, have you ever considered if it turns out to be some particular issue with your car, then you might look a little stupid?

I would suggest you do more engineering and less typing
Old Jan 26, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ifarted2
The DLI2 was only good for about 700whp and a plug gap of about 17-19 even then they would foul out quick. The dsm coils did much better than the dli2
I experienced the exact same with my testing even at less than 700whp.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

lol. man so much to say. but i cant. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quick Reply: Ebay Coil on Plug Review