Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ebay Coil on Plug Review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coil on plug cdi system

Hi Guys,
As you can see we are now proud Evo M vendors. We would just like to thank our current customers and our future customers for all the support. We have received lots of encouraging pm's and comments about our systems. Thanks again...
Many of you have heard we recently completed a 2800mile road trip. With our stock Ecu 03 Evo 8 with our Coil on plug M & W cdi system. I am pleased to announce the ignition system worked flawlessly in temps down to 15deg F. No ck engine lights We took the opportunity to visit with a few customers/shops. First we visited with Evodan and his 450hp 03' evo 8 beast...of course it has Spark Tech Ignition We then headed to Hatfield, PA home of JNZ Tuning and JM Fabrications, JNZ Tuning had some really nice looking cars in the shop area. Jim @JM Fabrications does some really nice work and we look forward to adding some of his custom parts to the Spark Tech Evo. We then headed to York, PA home of CBRD and had a great visit with the fellas @CBRD and would like to thank them for all the hospitality and for making my wife and I feel right at home. While we were there we took the opportunity to have all driveline fluids changed and Mark did an excellent job
We take great pride in our workmanship and will always do our best to serve our customers as best we could. We are authorized M & W Ignitions dealers and it is our goal to have these systems in stock pre-assembled and ready for shipment.

P.S. Stay tuned for our soon to be released Billet Aluminum mounting plate and Varflex heat sleeve (400deg F) option to cover main coil leads!

Thanks
Craig
www.sparktechigntions.net
craig@sparktechignitions.net
Old Jan 31, 2008, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the best has arrived....... welcome spark tech and crew.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 12:56 PM

Cheers Craig, the system works flawlessly!
Attached Thumbnails Ebay Coil on Plug Review-hpim2546.jpg  
Old Feb 1, 2008, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo8ing
Hi Guys,
As you can see we are now proud Evo M vendors. We would just like to thank our current customers and our future customers for all the support. We have received lots of encouraging pm's and comments about our systems. Thanks again...
Many of you have heard we recently completed a 2800mile road trip. With our stock Ecu 03 Evo 8 with our Coil on plug M & W cdi system. I am pleased to announce the ignition system worked flawlessly in temps down to 15deg F. No ck engine lights We took the opportunity to visit with a few customers/shops. First we visited with Evodan and his 450hp 03' evo 8 beast...of course it has Spark Tech Ignition We then headed to Hatfield, PA home of JNZ Tuning and JM Fabrications, JNZ Tuning had some really nice looking cars in the shop area. Jim @JM Fabrications does some really nice work and we look forward to adding some of his custom parts to the Spark Tech Evo. We then headed to York, PA home of CBRD and had a great visit with the fellas @CBRD and would like to thank them for all the hospitality and for making my wife and I feel right at home. While we were there we took the opportunity to have all driveline fluids changed and Mark did an excellent job
We take great pride in our workmanship and will always do our best to serve our customers as best we could. We are authorized M & W Ignitions dealers and it is our goal to have these systems in stock pre-assembled and ready for shipment.

P.S. Stay tuned for our soon to be released Billet Aluminum mounting plate and Varflex heat sleeve (400deg F) option to cover main coil leads!

Thanks
Craig
Thanks
Craig
Old Feb 1, 2008, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8ing
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Craig
WOW who let you in

Welcome! Now call me back or im going to another camp
Old Feb 2, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gtpumps
I would suggest you do more engineering and less typing
Old Feb 2, 2008, 10:28 PM
Former Sponsor

busy engineering

Hey Paul....I've been busy engineering .....u going camping? lol
Old Feb 3, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Anxious to get our set up!?! Hurry Up!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Craig where is my New top!!! Ive been waiting over 4 years
Old Feb 19, 2008, 09:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpumps View Post
I would suggest you do more engineering and less typing
Old Feb 19, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SparkTech
I have worked with several people on this forum ALL OVER THE WORLD and I will bend over backwards for my customers...
agreed
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
There is no point as it was tested on multiple Evos with both stock and aftermarket injectors with the same results.
Tested by yourself on multiple Evos with this problem?

When checking the stock ECU/ stock injector ones, did you verify that the twin spark(or multi spark, or whatever they call it) option was enabled?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:55 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bradrs
Tested by yourself on multiple Evos with this problem?

When checking the stock ECU/ stock injector ones, did you verify that the twin spark(or multi spark, or whatever they call it) option was enabled?
There are no dip switches on M&W boxes. They are hardwired at the harness and shipped out from SparkTech however he has set them up.

Eight months ago, switching from high output to twin spark and just about every other option was tried to no avail by downloading the M&W manual in which he does not provide when selling this unit. Pins at the harness itself have to be jumped in order to change the output. We tested high output and twin spark with the same results.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
There are no dip switches on M&W boxes. They are hardwired at the harness and shipped out from SparkTech however he has set them up.

Eight months ago, switching from high output to twin spark and just about every other option was tried to no avail by downloading the M&W manual in which he does not provide when selling this unit. Pins at the harness itself have to be jumped in order to change the output. We tested high output and twin spark with the same results.
But did you try the twin spark with all the different Evos, or did you try it once, not see a difference, and not try it again? And did you do it in conjunction with opening up the plug gap? You shouldn't need high output to fix a light engine load problem, unless something is really out of whack on the car.

Granted most other units multispark more than twice at very low RPM, just 2 sparks really should get rid of most of the misfire under light load while driving.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:40 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We tried a number of plugs and gaps, including a BGEGV gold NGK race plug sworn by gtpumps to work great. It was the worst performing plug of them all.

The facts are that the coils and harness were not wired up correctly from the start by SparkTech.

In no circumstance should the end user be required to retrace every wire, cut the heatshrink off of 4-5 feet of twisted pairs to try and locate the problem in a "completed PNP system".

Facts are that Craig replaced a coil on the first return (it did not change a thing), rewired the system on the second return, it fixed a high load miss, but swapped it for a horrible low load miss that would not spark effectively, in turn fouling plugs in just a few miles.

We paid to return the unit both times.

Quick Reply: Ebay Coil on Plug Review