Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Blox Racing 272/272 Cams for EVO VIII / Kuniiizzzeee Dial IN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2007, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blox Racing 272/272 Cams for EVO VIII / Kuniiizzzeee Dial IN

Hello guys,

I just wanted to share some info on a set of cams I just picked up a week ago and installed them myself in my garage, then got a road tune a day after by Kuniiizzzeee "Dial-IN"

When I first picked up these set of cams from a private seller in the area, the product is still new never been used... the box wasnt even open yet! When I got home I took a look at these cams and they are top notch quality... I have seen HKS cams before and these Blox cams are made similar from the HKS.

I followed the write up on evomoto.com .... bled my lifters and got everything back into its place... started up the car for the first time with cams... and damn it sounds more aggressive than the HKS. With a few adjustments made from the throttle body, I am ready for a street tune with Kunal.

Met up with Kunal this past Thursday to get my car tuned... he knows his stuff...went out on a road tune with a wideband hooked up in my car and took it out on the freeway did a few pulls while he was busy "dialing in" his tune. After the tune was complete... my car is a monster... everytime I hit the gas, I am instant full boost (21psi) within 2900 rpms. Kunal even mentioned that my car is really responsive to the tune, got most power out of all of my mods... (list below)

My goal is just to reach mid to low 12s... I be happy with high 11s. I will be taking my car out to a suby shootout in Byron on the 29th. I will get times in and will update the info on this thread til that time comes...

Overall, for the price that I have paid for these cams... they perform/exceed from the HKS 272 cams @ a fraction of its cost. I believe full retail for these blox racing cams are around $400 + shipping. Blox racing has been around since 2003 doing pretty big things for the honda group, and alot of honda-tech members vouch for their quality and service. so if your looking for cams... you should look into getting Blox Racing Cams!!

I have attached 3 videos (In car, Front of car, and Rear of car) idling with the cams and the Kuniiizzzeee Dial-In tune... The tune really helped out the idle ALOT, sounds close to stock idle and I have some pics of my car.

mods:

3" Jun B.L. Catback
3" Megan DP w/custom made test pipe welded with v-band attachment
Cheap *** MBC set @ 21-22psi (will get a hallman MBC in a couple days)
255 Fuel Pump
Hybrid Performance FMIC
Hybrid Performance 2.75" UICP & LICP
Blox Racing 272/272 Cams
Kuniiizzzeee Dial-IN Tune

Running stock injectors, stock hotside (9.8), stock o2 housing, and stock manifold.

I had a Dynoflash and a Dyno'd from P+L Motorsports on Feb. 2007 the numbers are: 294WHP/316 TQ on Dynojet

The mods are the same as above except CAMS and running 20 psi of boost...

This time I am hoping to hit around 330whp.

Pics:

Videos:

Last edited by projekt_shocker; Sep 22, 2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Nice review! Car sounds excellent...

Any dealers on here sell these?
Old Sep 22, 2007, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FullOutPwr
Nice review! Car sounds excellent...

Any dealers on here sell these?
the private seller told me that speedelement.com sells them. try them out.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Glad you like the car...time for me to get some 'projekt skocker' stickers..you had some cool ones!