Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

TTP had my car for 2 whole. . .

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTP had my car for 2 whole. . .

TTP had my car to do a TRE transmission swap (6 to 5 speed), and it pains me to tell you that

IT TOOK 2 DAYS!!!

Not 2 weeks like I had expected. Oh no evom members, this crowd knows how to keep customers happy. I dropped the car off on Thursday morning, told them to take their time, and Friday night I got a text message saying it was ready.

Of course I thought they were kidding, or perhaps they were talking about the wrong car, but sure enough that night I was driving my baby home with a new set of gears, AND MAN IS IT SWEET! Not only did they have the tranny swapped in, but all the other parts I had ask for were in place and torqued to spec (motor mounts, bushings, etc.) I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

I have to thank Jon at TRE for a fantastic transmission, incredible customer service, and the biggest chunk of patience an evo neophite could ask for. He spent a good 35 minutes telling me in detail all the reasons why evo trannys act the way they do, how they work, what they love, what they hate, etc. After the phone call my phone was so hot it melted the sticker off the back!

So in essence, if you want service done right the first time, and quality parts (thanks AMS also) with quality service, you can't go wrong with TTP and TRE.

And to all those TRE bashers that cry on the forum about how he never answers his phone and all that, send the guy an email. He responds within a few hours normally, and God help you if you do get him on the phone, cuz you will need a solid 20 minutes to talk to him. He can talk the hind leg off a jacka$$. Oh, and the transmission was delivered on time as expected.

Thanks again everybody!

BEn
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

nice...makes me wish i lived closer to reputable tuners like TTP rather than middle-of-nowhere vermont...lol
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

If I lived way up there, I would still ship my car down to TTP to get it worked on.

No lie
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drove to Orlando just to get my 60k Maintaince... scott n ryan took care of me.. and even eddy picked me up and we went drinking and out to eat... Great Company and customer Service!!! A+++++
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
another good review/credit for a well proven shop. I am glad to hear.

Carlos
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'll be up to TTP for my 60k maintenance and Cam install ...just wish Scott had a sense of humor lol j/k
Old Sep 23, 2007, 10:58 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by broddey
TTP had my car to do a TRE transmission swap (6 to 5 speed), and it pains me to tell you that

IT TOOK 2 DAYS!!!

Not 2 weeks like I had expected. Oh no evom members, this crowd knows how to keep customers happy. I dropped the car off on Thursday morning, told them to take their time, and Friday night I got a text message saying it was ready.

Of course I thought they were kidding, or perhaps they were talking about the wrong car, but sure enough that night I was driving my baby home with a new set of gears, AND MAN IS IT SWEET! Not only did they have the tranny swapped in, but all the other parts I had ask for were in place and torqued to spec (motor mounts, bushings, etc.) I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

I have to thank Jon at TRE for a fantastic transmission, incredible customer service, and the biggest chunk of patience an evo neophite could ask for. He spent a good 35 minutes telling me in detail all the reasons why evo trannys act the way they do, how they work, what they love, what they hate, etc. After the phone call my phone was so hot it melted the sticker off the back!

So in essence, if you want service done right the first time, and quality parts (thanks AMS also) with quality service, you can't go wrong with TTP and TRE.

And to all those TRE bashers that cry on the forum about how he never answers his phone and all that, send the guy an email. He responds within a few hours normally, and God help you if you do get him on the phone, cuz you will need a solid 20 minutes to talk to him. He can talk the hind leg off a jacka$$. Oh, and the transmission was delivered on time as expected.

Thanks again everybody!

BEn
glad you're happy with the work.

Ryan is awesome at what he does, you couldn't ask for any better.

if you need anything else, you know where to call...
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:01 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evoryder
just wish Scott had a sense of humor lol j/k
That's not funny Jeff.

Thanks for the opportunity to work on your car once again Ben.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

that is a fantastic turnaround
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Its cause TTP Lives and breathes Evos
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:12 AM
Account Disabled

Thank you broddey for giving me the chance to work on your car. am glad you are happy with it, and my work.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
That's not funny Jeff.

Thanks for the opportunity to work on your car once again Ben.
...see you in 2 months.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

TTP did my clutch install in 2 days as well, come to think of it.

Of course I am not biased towards specific shops or anything. . .
Old Sep 23, 2007, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

TTP needs to open a shop in the North East
Old Sep 24, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kstpeter33
nice...makes me wish i lived closer to reputable tuners like TTP rather than middle-of-nowhere vermont...lol
Middle of nowhere..... try Alaska!

Quick Reply: TTP had my car for 2 whole. . .