Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

AMSOIL fluids review(pics)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2007, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weird....I've had nothing but good times with Amsoil everything in my car.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slip-Lock is designed for use in Posi-Traction differentials to keep the clutches from chattering in a corner. Unless there is a problem due to the previous fluid or lack of maintenance, the additive is not needed in the AMSOIL gear lubes.

The law referred to above is "The Magnuson-Moss Act"

For anyone interested, I am looking to be advertising AMSOIL on the EVO-M forum, just got some pricing last week. This should be within the next 2 weeks... All AMSOIL products will be the lowest price available and dropped on your door..

Best contact will be by email. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Doc
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

ALSO,..... Sounds like you have a new EVO and the stock filter was probably Part # LF 708 if memory serves.... Although the AMSOIL filter fits on that engine, don't ask how I know,...... AMSOIL is not recommending it....

Doc
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

oil doc, what is your recommendation for a road course evo. oil weight.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Oil Doc
ALSO,..... Sounds like you have a new EVO and the stock filter was probably Part # LF 708 if memory serves.... Although the AMSOIL filter fits on that engine, don't ask how I know,...... AMSOIL is not recommending it....

Doc
I didn't remember an Amsoil filter recommendation, so I double checked after reading this post. The filter he bought is now on the recommended products list. Are you talking about something different?

I also noticed that the 6-speed fluid recommendation is now gone. Step it up Amsoil ... I need tranny fluid!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
Crap! That's a lot of shavings....

I've done my fluids twice now after ~15 track days this season and I have a virtually nothing compared to that.

Is this a typical amount of shavings that people see?
is that amount of metal normal? figured the tranny was still working itself in. my car has only 4500 miles on it, i dunno if it is from the break in?
i really wasnt happy how the bg made the tranny feel, especially after i looked at the magnet.

Last edited by schred86; Oct 30, 2007 at 06:33 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

im not commenting on the engine oil (still havent broken 5k miles on my car yet) ...

im not usually one to change OEM spec until i see a reason to but im considering changing to amsoil 10w30 next time considering so many love it.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

i like it, like in the 1st post, made engine noise decrease slightly, its also rated for 25k miles, but i would obviously never do that to my baby, 3k max.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

I've changed my tranny oil 3 times now, 2x running BGII and I still never had that much shavings on my plug. I'm running Super Diaqueen in the tranny now, the 6 speed tranny fluid, and the tranny/shifting feels much better than it did using BGII. I've contacted Oil Doc for a price on some oil shipped to my door so I'll be getting that the next change I do.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:36 PM
Account Disabled

8thwonder, do you have the mr? I was wondering if it would be ok to use the 6 speed tranny fluid with a 5 speed. I'm pretty new at this so I wouldn't really know.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know about other companies, but AMSOIL MTG meets the specs for both of those trannies....

Doc
Old Oct 31, 2007, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

If I could get Amsoil 10-30 shipped to my door for $8 a qt. or less, I would use it. The problem with Amsoil is the availability, hard to find over the counter. And when you ship liquids, the price per qt. is outrageous. Where as RP can be purchased at NAPA at a little over $7and is still a very good oil. I've had four Oil Analysis from Blackstone-labs.com using RP, with great results. No excess wear of Bearing or any other internal components.
Oil Doc, is this possible to get Amsoil at a reasonable price, because if it ends up being $10 or more per qt., I might as well by the expensive Oil from Japan like Eneos.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mdsevo06
If I could get Amsoil 10-30 shipped to my door for $8 a qt. or less, I would use it. The problem with Amsoil is the availability, hard to find over the counter. And when you ship liquids, the price per qt. is outrageous. Where as RP can be purchased at NAPA at a little over $7and is still a very good oil. I've had four Oil Analysis from Blackstone-labs.com using RP, with great results. No excess wear of Bearing or any other internal components.
Oil Doc, is this possible to get Amsoil at a reasonable price, because if it ends up being $10 or more per qt., I might as well by the expensive Oil from Japan like Eneos.

Some things depend on where you live... In Florida, you can get AMSOIL at almost every NAPA and Car Quest.... including corporate stores.

I will send you a PM with the pricing on 6 qts of ATM (10W-30) 6 qts SSO (0W-30 which is the top of the line) and case price for each.

BTW..... I am hearing a lot of reports of the Eneos oils where the engines are developing lifter rattle at 2500-3000 miles.... change oil, rattle is gone... great sign of the oil shearing.

Doc

Last edited by Oil Doc; Oct 31, 2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 09:58 PM
Account Disabled

Hey thanks for all the info Doc. Seems like you really know your stuff, that's pretty hard to find these days.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So which one of there fluids would be reccomended for the 6sp? Also didn't there used to be a turbo formulated oil offered by them..is this now the ATM? And to the OP do you think that oil filter is worth it (kinda expensive at $17)...is it visually bigger than the stock one.

Last edited by dbsears; Oct 31, 2007 at 11:29 PM.

Quick Reply: AMSOIL fluids review(pics)