Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

lancershop.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2007, 03:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
Thanks Mike for your input. It has been over 48 hours since they told me that they had refunded my money.
Send me your full name to mh@slowboyracing.com and I will make a call on your behalf if you would like me to.

Mike Huml
Slowboy
Old Dec 11, 2007, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This thread sums up the LancerShop experience: inconsistent. I have no doubt that some have had no problems or have received excellent customer service, because I've experienced that. But then I don't doubt others have had problems and not gotten any sort of acceptable response from them, because I've had that as well.

The 2 most recent orders I posted with them have been this in spades. The first order was for 2 parts that shipped almost immediately thru the EvoMoto.com side of the business. The second order, placed with LancerShop.com, for 3 parts took nearly a month and a half to receive, 1 part at a time (due to drop shipping I believe), and with no updates and little communication as to what was going on or when to expect parts to be shipped.

That's the bad. The good - I just got around to trying out a Power Enterprise 1.3 bar radiator cap from the EvoMoto.com order, and it doesn't fit. Not sure why; QA problem or what, but since it's well after the 30 day limit for refunds, I figured I'd just email them to let them know and perhaps spare some other potential customers and EvoMoto.com from having to deal with returns on this part. To my surprise, they responded immediately, offered to take the part back and swap it for another brand radiator cap.

So my opinion is split on these guys - good place when everything goes right, but they can be a hassle to deal with when things go wrong. And then again, they can pull a nice guy act out in a situation like I just experienced. It'd be great if they could just become consistently good.

Last edited by EJEvo; Dec 11, 2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Dec 11, 2007, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SBR INC
Send me your full name to mh@slowboyracing.com and I will make a call on your behalf if you would like me to.

Mike Huml
Slowboy
I appreciate the offer Mike, but I feel that I can handle it. I've already sent a PM to Charles and will also call Lancershop tomorrow when they open up. I've been dealing with them via e-mail but apparently I need to take a more direct approach.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

I got in contact with Lancershop again today only to get the same run around and answers so I decided to put a complaint into the Better Business Bureau. Lancershop keeps telling me they have refunded my money (famous last words), but the money has yet to reach my bank. The drama continues.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

I take it you didn't pay with a credit card?
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

I paid with my debit card. I also submitted a complaint through the Better Business Bureau. What got me though was the address they had on record with the BBB wasn't the same record that they show on their website. It's in the same state, but different city.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

wow, you took it one step farther than me. I proly should have done that, but oh well. Best of luck to you on getting your money back
Old Dec 18, 2007, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

I FINALLY got my refund. They had on their website under my profile that they had paid me on 12/12/07. Apparently they need to work on how to read a calendar. I'm still glad that I raised a big stink about the whole thing. If you say you are going to take a certain time to refund my money then I am holding you to that. The bottom line is that I will never order anything from them again.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Glad to hear you got your money back. I don't blame you for avoiding them in the future.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

OK I just have to chime in here. Lancershop has always shown me great things. I ordered lots of stuff from them and I always get tracking numbers right away. I trust them fully since I never had a bad experience with them. I have been ordering parts for my evo from lancershop for a couple of years now. Probably about 15 different times. No problems.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R
OK I just have to chime in here. Lancershop has always shown me great things. I ordered lots of stuff from them and I always get tracking numbers right away. I trust them fully since I never had a bad experience with them. I have been ordering parts for my evo from lancershop for a couple of years now. Probably about 15 different times. No problems.
I could say the same thing before this last escapade. I have never had any problems with their deliveries. It was their refund process that is the problem. I hope you never have to go through the same thing.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

i've ordered quite a few things from them and no issues at all.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:07 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
crap, I just ordered that 3 gauge A pillar guage mount. Along with 3 defi gauges, oil temp/pressure and UEGO wideband. Also the Tanabe blue G exhuast.
I can live with just a color mismatch because I can get it painted to match.
we will see what happnes.

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
I officially change my opinion of Lancershop. I purchased a triple a-pillar gauge holder from them. After noticing it was cracked I got in contact with them. They asked me to e-mail them pictures of the item along with the box it came in. After doing that they informed me they had placed a claim with UPS stating that the cause of the damage was due to their mishandling. The box was not torn up and was barely dented. They informed me that it would take 10-15 working days to get a refund from UPS and then 3-5 working days to get the refund from them. At first, I was fine with that. Well 20 working days came and went. I got back in contact with them inquiring about the whereabouts of my refund. They informed me that they sent the refund, but it has yet to show up in my bank account. To be perfectly honest the quality of this a-pillar gauge holder was **** poor. The cuts were ragged and the paint job was subpar. I will definitely never buy from them again and advise any and all to not do the same. There are much better companies that offer the same products and at better prices.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have ordered several things from lancershop and never had a problem. I know with alot of of credit/debit card companies it can take up to 3weeks for a credit back to post or even show back up on your statemant.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Well I just ordered some piping and a front mount...I'm crossing fingers that I'm one of the lucky ones. I have never ordered anything from them before so I'm neutral and will keep posted on how it goes..