Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Pushing some new intake manifolds to the limit!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
To answer the question earlier I missed. We have the HKS Kansai on our black car.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
enzoferrari,

If only your opinion of me not having a clue made one freaking bit of difference to me.

You said yourself, took the time to tune it on the engine dyno, then put it in the car and obviously something changed.........................uh DUH! Therefore tuning the engine in the car is why I prefer to use a good chassis dyno.

Thanks for justifying what my point was in the first place.
Calm down Dave...

Those small block v8's you had on the dyno, did you map them on the dyno? What engine management system were you using?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topic!!??^^^
Old Dec 9, 2007, 07:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
So will AMS let Buschur put the VSR against the Bushur ported stocker?

I have to assume that their lack of reply means they aren't willing to do it.

Mark S, am curious what you think the benefits of mapping on the engine dyno are?
we wouldnt be opposed to this, we have been talking to dave about this prior to his post.

Eric
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

I like the looks of that Full Fuctions manifold inside the barrel... But the outside looks like h*ll comparied to the others
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
I like the looks of that Full Fuctions manifold inside the barrel... But the outside looks like h*ll compared to the others
Keep your comments out of here Jeff if it has nothing positive or contributing to the subject. Everyone of these manifolds has a great group of people that have put allot of time and effort into there product and all deserve respect

Last edited by Paul Nelson; Dec 9, 2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
paul any update on possibly getting a full race intake manifold?????
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
paul any update on possibly getting a full race intake manifold?????
Geoff said he would send me one im going to call him here Monday and give him my address and see if Geoff has time to talk Im sure he extremely busy.

Could you put in a word for me?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ifarted2
Geoff said he would send me one im going to call him here Monday and give him my address and see if Geoff has time to talk Im sure he extremely busy.

i talk to him daily. ill slide this topic in there...
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Keep your comments out of here Jeff if it has nothing positive or contributing to the subject. Everyone of these manifolds has a great group of people that have put allot of time and effort into there product and all deserve respect
OK there superman. I like all the manifolds you posted up. If I was in need of one this would be a great thread for me. I dont need one so......

I never said they were no good. If I was gonna use based off of looks it would be the 1 I commented about. I was just stating the outside did not look as clean as the others
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Ya Geoff is great. Im sure he will get everything straight for you but i do know he is real busy getting some cars done right now. Yet somehow is always finds time to get back to his customers great guy!

Chris
Old Dec 9, 2007, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jigga

If a engine dyno is not available, then I would test the parts at the track. Keeping everything constant with exception of possibly needing to add/subtract fuel and see which yields the highest MPH.
Quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard. In addiotnal to any air quality differences, you also add the potential for driver error into the equation.
As long the the dyno is done at a lower psi as to not max out the turbo, the dyno will be fine. With all the paramenters that can be logged we will be given more than enough information as to which one performs better.

Thanks for thaking this on guys. We have been wanting to do another test in the dsm camp with all the new revisions that are out now. I wonder if JMF could whip up a new drag race version for the evo before the test takes place.
http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalo...products_id=89
Old Dec 9, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crcain
So will AMS let Buschur put the VSR against the Bushur ported stocker?

I have to assume that their lack of reply means they aren't willing to do it.

Mark S, am curious what you think the benefits of mapping on the engine dyno are?
For me the benafits are a very controlled enviroment on the engine dyno,
All my big engines are mapped on a engine dyno then tweaked in the car on a track or road then power run on the rollers,
I have found I cant quite test on a RR transistional ignition and dett also high cylinder temps that happen when you do a low speed run to topspeed like I can on the road/track,
My main experiance has been dyno dynamics RR but I would like to test on a super flow unit when one becomes avl localy.

Mark
Old Dec 9, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Gonna need a new thread to actually post some results.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slowTsi
Quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard. In addiotnal to any air quality differences, you also add the potential for driver error into the equation.
As long the the dyno is done at a lower psi as to not max out the turbo, the dyno will be fine. With all the paramenters that can be logged we will be given more than enough information as to which one performs better.

Thanks for thaking this on guys. We have been wanting to do another test in the dsm camp with all the new revisions that are out now. I wonder if JMF could whip up a new drag race version for the evo before the test takes place.
http://www.jmfabrications.com/catalo...products_id=89
Talked to Jim and he is working on one for us

Quick Reply: Pushing some new intake manifolds to the limit!