Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Pushing some new intake manifolds to the limit!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like V-band is that why he was wondering?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

dunno but yes there is a v-band on it that was our old throttle body off our race car now we are running an Accufab 90mm with 4 inch piping and a Garret GT55 91mm turbo to Run Nopi pro street tire
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

DANG!!! on that evo? WOOT WOOT!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still would like to know how these Manifolds are going to be tested and how will you measure whether they are pushed to their "Limits". Has the testing and being pushed to the limits been benched or is it still happening. I see that other manifolds are being sent, but it looks like an advertisement for a single manifold as opposed to the testing being done. I have often wondered about intake manifolds for drag racing vs road racing and am very interested in the results. Is this still being done? Has the original intent of this thread been benched?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

the test has not been done yet but I did want to kow if the results were gong to be posted for all the intake manifolds. The one thing that I figured is that each manifold will probably have some minor tuning changes seeing some are standard 1.5x2.5 extruded tubing while other runners are wedge shaped like a sheet metal prostock manifold which tends to compress the air a lil more as it enters the port.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CandCPerformanc
the test has not been done yet but I did want to kow if the results were gong to be posted for all the intake manifolds. The one thing that I figured is that each manifold will probably have some minor tuning changes seeing some are standard 1.5x2.5 extruded tubing while other runners are wedge shaped like a sheet metal prostock manifold which tends to compress the air a lil more as it enters the port.
That was my understanding of the reason for starting the thread. Multiple manifolds were listed and were going to be pushed to the limits, but I still don't know how they'll be tested and what it is that will be pushing each one. I would expect each one needing tuning in it's 'sweet' spot, but, are we going to see the results or will it even be done for each one. Then, the final results may not even be applicable for 99 percent of us with smaller turbos. Still, I would like to see the results, even if it's just wtq/whp, but that wouldn't necessarily show the plus or minus of each one. CandC, I appreciate your efforts as well, without the manufacturers and testers, we'll never move ahead.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9sec9
That was my understanding of the reason for starting the thread. Multiple manifolds were listed and were going to be pushed to the limits, but I still don't know how they'll be tested and what it is that will be pushing each one. I would expect each one needing tuning in it's 'sweet' spot, but, are we going to see the results or will it even be done for each one. Then, the final results may not even be applicable for 99 percent of us with smaller turbos. Still, I would like to see the results, even if it's just wtq/whp, but that wouldn't necessarily show the plus or minus of each one. CandC, I appreciate your efforts as well, without the manufacturers and testers, we'll never move ahead.

Real soon 9sec9
This is not a advertisement but i will give as much press to each manufacture as possible. They took the time to make them and send them to me and i respect the fact each one takes pride in there product.

If you read thru im going to be testing on 2 turbos 1 a GT 35r and than a 45r.
Lucas will be doing all the tuning i will be strapping each manifold on and off. We will do our best to keep each test the same with the exact same conditions.
I will post up each AEM log with boost/afr/timing/iat/knock/dyno sheets which will show hp and tq with rpms. This is the best i can do. No one is paying me to do this no one is paying Lucas for his time. ETS is Going to let us use any fittings and couplings we might need to match up to each manifold.
I do not favor one manifold to the other and i am paying for my own gas.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoTech
What throttle body is that? I clicked on your link and almost shat myself when I saw this pic. Holy fabrication batman. This is really interesting. Can you tell us more about this setup? Perhaps in another thread as not to hijack this one.
Isn't that just a TON of IC piping and placing HOT things near places where COLD things should be?

Looks well done but a little impractical, what were the gains from doing something like this if any?

Scorke
Old Jan 19, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Fedex showed up today The Driven Innovation manifolds (2)! lol Very impressed with the welds and design of the manifold. I love the dual injector setup with one rail.

Here are some pics compared to the AMS. The AMS manifold is built for a Drag car only

My little monster had to be apart of the pictures

Last edited by Paul Nelson; Jan 19, 2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Also the Magnus Race version showed at Lucas Shop. He sent me some pics.

Almost have all the manifolds ready to test. All we are waiting for is the dyno to be done and my head to get here monday (GSC Greg!)

Old Jan 19, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Paul Love the last Pic of my manifolds with your daughter! Thank you!
Old Jan 19, 2008, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Sooooo....When are these tests going to start? I know your car has to be put back together but any ET?.....No pun intended.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BURNALL_4
Sooooo....When are these tests going to start? I know your car has to be put back together but any ET?.....No pun intended.
I hope about 3 weeks. We have a car show on Feb 15th than its dyno time
Old Jan 19, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That AMS mani looks like a beast compared to the other in size.
Old Jan 19, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
That AMS mani looks like a beast compared to the other in size.
I hope it clears everything

Quick Reply: Pushing some new intake manifolds to the limit!