Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ETS 3.5" TBE VS Buschur 3" TBE w/Picture!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2007, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS 3.5" TBE VS Buschur 3" TBE w/Picture!!!!

First of all I would like to say .. I finally got my car running (: I just put ALL ETS products on my car and I am 120% Satisfied with the quality, customer service (Tom), and support!! I do wish that I would not have bought my turbo kit new though.. I bought it with 1500 miles from a member on here and ran into A LOT of issues ) ; .. but I will review that later!

Anyways ... We are comparing my old exhaust.. Buschur Racing 3" Full Turbo Back with Race Version Muffler .. to ETS's 3.5" Turbo back exhaust

First off... I noticed that the ETS exhaust looked SO much bigger with 2 less OBVIOUS bends in it..

The less bends the BETTER! ETS did a GREAT job of making this exhaust.. the design on it is just TOP-NOTCH SUPERIOR QUALITY!!

Buschur's exhaust weighed 30.8lbs (According to Buschur) for the 3" TBE..

**Update: Tom @ ETS weighed the same full TBE I have and it was 35.0lbs This is LIGHT for a 3.5" Downpipe back system!!!!

The welds were PERFECT on the ETS .. They were fully Beaded TIG welds! Buschur's welds were good too.

The biggest part of this whole deal was the sound difference... The buschur exhaust was loud and free flowing.. but the ETS exhaust was LOUDER .. and NOTICEABLY louder.. My Cosworth M2 cams sound REALLY good on this new exhaust. The ETS exhaust is noticeably louder, but SO much more deeper, which in my eyes is MUCH better than the Buschur sound, which was loud and RASPY!

Here is the picture to compare.. You can CLEARLY see how the ETS has only 2 bends in the ENTIRE exhaust.. while the buschur has 4!! That makes a big difference in my eyes.. Plus the ETS one looks A LOT better from the back of the car! I will have pictures up soon of how it looks on the car.. Haven't had any time to take new pictures of my setup.. but it will be SOON!!

Here you go!!

Last edited by Boost3dxEvO; Dec 8, 2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:34 AM
Evolving Member

Nice, it looks like my Turbo XS Ti, = 2 bends + HUGE Tip!
Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:04 AM
Evolving Member

hollyyyyy hell i want that exuast how much shipped lol will that fit n RnR o2 housing
Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:25 AM
Evolved Member

48lbs..wow

wonder how much these titanium exhausts weigh
Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
I would get a 3.5" downpipe to go with that exhaust. I think Buschur makes one that it doesn't promote much.

Last edited by EVO8LTW; Dec 6, 2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome man i have the same exhaust and love itThat muffler has allot of R&D into and is made here in the USA
Old Dec 6, 2007, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looks like a bullet style muffler

Also, one thing to mention is that the new Buschur exhaust does not have nearly as many bends in it as compared to the old version. Also, the old "race" style muffler was known to be loud and raspy...thats why they came out with the bullet muffler.

The ETS 3.5" exhaust does look good, looks like it will have a JDM angle on it.....I like!
Old Dec 6, 2007, 06:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this is a review thread but there is something I would like to point out.

Just for reference and to provide actual information since we have changed some things on our system over the years I went back and weighed a 3" turboback w/ off-road pipe. It weighed in at 30.8lbs.

18lbs is pretty substantial to anyone who cares about weight saving. As little as 2lbs would matter to most hardcore people.

Just a note to point out.... our 3" turboback exhaust is the same one thats on David's RS that made 676whp / 620ft trq yesterday and went 9.65 @ 151.4mph. Our system does the job.

Im not sure how much power you're making but I would think the 3" system you had would have done the job just fine, saved you some weight and money.

I AM NOT HERE TO START A PISSING MATCH OR CAUSE PROBLEMS. I JUST WANTED TO POST SOME INFORMATION AND MAKE THAT CORRECTION ON THE WEIGHT.

NOTICE: Buschur Racing does have a 3 1/2" exhaust that up to this point has been special order only. We do not make a big deal about having it as most people do not need it. It is run on Big Al Friedman's 9sec Evo, Tom Powell's 640+whp Evo 9 (9sec9) and a handful of others. We will be offering this shortly to the public.

Take care!
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

The hangers look better on the Buschur pipe.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

I was looking at the same exhaust too. But after factor in the weight and my power goal, I decided to go with the 3" Magnaflow Ti exhaust. It's also have only 2 bends and weight in at 11 lbs ; ).
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Ive made 712 whp on this exhaust on my ETS 67 trim and 924whp with my ETS 42r

Jarrod i love you to much to start a pissing match
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

How much does the ETS system weigh compared to a buschur catback? Very curious....
Old Dec 6, 2007, 01:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear that you're pleased with the system

Originally Posted by boostGotMeLaid
hollyyyyy hell i want that exuast how much shipped lol will that fit n RnR o2 housing
PM sent, and yes we have a "stock turbo" style 3.5" downpipe that will fit your RnR o2 housing

Originally Posted by Markley02
The hangers look better on the Buschur pipe.
We use the flat stock style hangers because as you can see on the hanger connected at the piping to muffler area, it is adjustable. This will allow the tip to be moved in the bumper cutout to get the aesthetic look that each customer prefers. We also have a JDM rear version that is a bit shorter to sit flush with the bumper opening, and is available at the same price.

Additionally, we have both 3" and 4" systems to complement our most popular 3.5" system. Check them all out with pricing and videos on our site here - http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/M...duct_info.html

Originally Posted by Boost3dxEvO
For Buschur's exhaust weighing on 35lbs for the turbo back... ETS's exhaust really wasn't THAT much heavier with being 3.5"... I would guess that the ETS turbo back weighs around 48lbs... That's pretty dang light for a full 3.5" Exhaust (Excluding the Downpipe that is 3")
Before we get too carried away with weight discussion based on what is admittedly a guess, I'll clear the air The same exact turbo-back that he has pictured (our T3 turbo kit 3" downpipe and 3.5" downpipe-back exhaust) weighs exactly 35.0lbs. Please excuse the disaster on our office floor, I had a battle with a bag of peanuts and lost big time

Here's a shot of my "baseline" on the scale for reference to the pictures where I'm holding all of the pieces (for most accurate weight )

And the same setup as pictured above, our T3 turbo kit downpipe and 3.5" downpipe-back exhaust system - 35.0 lbs.

And because I didn't see a 3.5" stock turbo or T4 3.5" downpipe handy, used a 4" MKIV Supra downpipe to more than cover the weight of our full 3.5" TBE which is probably about half of a pound lighter - 36.2 lbs.

Tom

Last edited by ETS Michael; Dec 6, 2007 at 01:46 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

WOW!!!! GREAT Job Tom!!! I will make sure to edit the weight ( :
Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

I owned the BR 3" TB and loved the sound of it, but I when I found a great deal on an ETS 3.5" exhaust I jumped on it and bought it. I love both, but when you hear the ETS, you get hooked. It looks and sounds amazing even w/ a stock turbo. And for the record, if your evo isnt just a track/strip monster, weight I dont think should be an issue, especially if it is a couple pounds more, just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: ETS 3.5" TBE VS Buschur 3" TBE w/Picture!!!!