Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Siliconeintakes.com review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
ahh nope you can tell in the pics im not. does not really matter a set of new clamps and all was solved with me. i have tbolt clamps that are junk and a waste of money but i dont care its whatever you live and learn.

I was asking rcheung, if he was using stock plumbing? I can already tell you aren't, and that you prefer a sturdy set worm clamps!
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hey until it fails im not changing i attempted and ended up with more problem issues so i bought brand new clamps for everything and left 3 tbolt clamps on 2 on mid pipe and one on lower incooler pipe on turbo pipe and its working flaws no boost leaks thats the whole point lol.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

sounds great...anybody had pics of there black couplers on there car?

thanks for the review...always like hearing about good customer service
Old Oct 31, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JorgeYaHeard
I was asking rcheung, if he was using stock plumbing? I can already tell you aren't, and that you prefer a sturdy set worm clamps!
Yes, I am using stock plumbing.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

i got my stuff in 2 days
Old Oct 31, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just remember if you order from them, their t-bolt clamp sizes are based on their silicone coupler thickness not the stock hoses, or another companies couplers...
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Bringing this back! I'm definitely ordering the t-bolt kit from them! I just found a lot of boost leaks last night and some of the worm drive clamps are ruined after trying to tighten them (don't know my own strength).
I was curious about their intercoolers. Does anybody have experience/reviews on them. Here is the link.

I'm thinking of the 2.5" or 3" inlet/outlet intercooler. It seems to have similar dimensions as the ETS one. I mean, seriously, $150-$240 compared to @$500, what gives.

I'd love comments from real world experience. Just saying "ETS ftw" is cool, but doesn't really help. Believe me, I'd love to buy ETS full kit, but I'm $$$ conscience.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by 10isace
Bringing this back! I'm definitely ordering the t-bolt kit from them! I just found a lot of boost leaks last night and some of the worm drive clamps are ruined after trying to tighten them (don't know my own strength).
I was curious about their intercoolers. Does anybody have experience/reviews on them. Here is the link.

I'm thinking of the 2.5" or 3" inlet/outlet intercooler. It seems to have similar dimensions as the ETS one. I mean, seriously, $150-$240 compared to @$500, what gives.

I'd love comments from real world experience. Just saying "ETS ftw" is cool, but doesn't really help. Believe me, I'd love to buy ETS full kit, but I'm $$$ conscience.

Thanks in advance!
Here is the difference on internal fin pack.

ETS Core

Cheap Core (Ebay, etc.)

You can see the difference in quality. The Cheap core has straight through internal fin pack where the ETS core is offset and staggered. The offset and staggered allows the air to split multiple times before exiting the intercooler. The straight through internal fin pack works like a tunnel and sends the air directly through the intercooler not giving it the chance to dissipate heat on multiple fins.

This is why you see a lower intake air temp using our cores over the cheap cores. Trust me.. if the fin pack above worked good, it would be much cheaper to produce an intercooler

Here is a picture of our fin pack out of the intercooler. This will give you a better understanding on what an offset and staggered fin pack is.

Hope this helps you out!

Thanks,

Michael
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Plus those IC's on there appear to all be universal meaning bumper trimming, Custom IC piping, and custom mounting.

In the end you'll spend the same if not more money for a worse product.

No thanks
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Michael! I had no idea! Love this forum.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Plus those IC's on there appear to all be universal meaning bumper trimming, Custom IC piping, and custom mounting.

In the end you'll spend the same if not more money for a worse product.

No thanks
You're right! I hate it when I think I'm going to save $$$, then it ends up costing more in the long run and it's not as good.
I'll just stick with their t-bolts.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

just got mine about a week ago too, very fast shipping but mine where just thrown in a box with no paper or bubble wrap i thought it was very odd they would leave it like that.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shrty10135
just got mine about a week ago too, very fast shipping but mine where just thrown in a box with no paper or bubble wrap i thought it was very odd they would leave it like that.
Thats the way I got mine. I ordered clamps several times and never had an issue the way they were shipped.