Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.
View Poll Results: Who are you tuned by and what was your experience?
AMS
6.47%
Buschur Racing
3.60%
CBRD
3.24%
DynoFlash
6.12%
Iveytune
8.81%
Jestr Tuning
8.99%
Lucas English
1.98%
Mellon Tuning
7.55%
Speed Element
1.62%
TTP-Engineering
15.65%
TurboTrix
2.34%
Vishnu
1.98%
WORKS
1.26%
Other
30.40%
Voters: 556. You may not vote on this poll

Who are you tuned by and what was your experience?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS,

I was tuned back on June 11th, 2007!!! Great service, had my appointment setup for 9AM, and at 8:59AM, they took my car in. Installed a MBC, then in about 10 pulls had the car dialed in. At around 11:30AM I was on my way back to Cincy.

The car has performed flawlessly so far, and whenever I have questions about the effect of another mod in my tune, Chris always responds very quickly!!! I am definately going back to them when I need a retune
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Turbotrix, 3 times.

First two times I was extremely satisifed with the service, hence why I went back. However, by my third visit, I was not impressed anymore. Upon sitting there for hours, was not really happy with the results, and the whole time there, I felt as if I was being a burdon having my car tuned around lunch time .

Oh, and this is just on an ecu flash.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Voted for Jester: Tune was perfect, on time, and he treats you with respect.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

I was first tuned (ECU mail in) from Al (Buschur Stage I). I was then tuned from Chris of Mellontuning.com. My most recent tune is from TTP (added a Walbro FP and PPI licp). I was not impressed with Al's tune. I was highly impressed with Mellon's tune and it is too soon to tell how TTP's tune is going, but they just sent me the hex to get rid of the rpm hang and it is working like a charm. As far as customer service you can't beat Chris. TTP can be a little hard to get hold of at times though.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Tubrotrix once, DTM once

Turbotrix wasn't friendly and charged way too much for a mediocre tune.

DTM : not only my chronic problem was fixed on my car, I got a solid tune and made more power than before. Ecutek flash.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Ohh I am not on there either.

Mitch
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

my vote goes to Jestr Tuning!

Great customer service, overall kool guy
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Al from DynoFlash.

Made power but at what cost? I have a ton of knock, I cant drive my car when it's cold without AFRs jumping to 17:1 (no boost). The car doesnt drive well when cold, somewhat alright at partial throttle, at WOT it's great and very very rich (10:1 - 10.5:1 AFR). So it's good and bad.

I plan to read up and clean up the flash myself.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Got mine tuned by Mike at Atlantic Motorsport, had a great time there love the results...
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I voted for VISHNU because they tuned my car....TWICE

Outcome of the tune was night and day!! Very HAPPY....so was their customer service skills VERY CRAPPY!!.... 1ST TIME they couldn't tune my car on the dyno since I hadn't filled up with the recommended gas (Unical 76). So I had to drive around until it was completely out and then fill up with Unical 76. I was never told any of this prior to tuning. They just took my money and then rescheduled. Finally got it tuned.

2ND time I had to wait for them to catch up due to their overbooking....what should have been only a matter of hours...turned out to be ALL DAY! I wasn't given a dyno graph of my final tune on their dyno. Shiv said to log onto EvoM and it would be there. Yeah....I'm still looking for it.

Poor communication, poor customer service (only for tuning and installations-I picked up a CEL reader and was met halfway to pick it up instead of shipping THANK YOU! ), poor information regarding prepping for a custom dyno tune, etc.....

When I get a retune or additional parts installed, I will be looking for a new tuner shop.

Last edited by SilverShadow03; Jan 15, 2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

I was tuned by Mitch of VE Engineering! Mitch is very professional and knows what he is doing. I have been using Mitch for several years now and have never been disappointed in his work. I am also happy to say that VE is one of my sponsors and I highly recommend this company for all your tuning needs, he travels both nationally and internationally to tune cars.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:33 PM

i vote for mitch@vivid

i have been dealing with mitch for over a year now and i have had nothing but good experiences. my car has made more power and has run better than it ever has! i am using AEM EMS for engine management and i am currently making 698AWHP on c16 and 32psi and 528AWHP on 91 and 22psi. all the while getting stock or better gas mileage. this guy can tune an evo on any system and make it perform to it's full potential. i have seen it first hand and have brought alot of people his way because of it. he is the reason i drive the highest hp/fastest evo in the southwest!!

my car:

pump gas

race gas

Last edited by doostinsmyth; Jan 15, 2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

I had to vote other as KevinD wasnt on the poll. Very clear on what he was doing for us ECU illiterate.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

If I missed you I apologize, but there are a lot of tuners out there and I definitely don't know them all. If you vote for an "Other", please make sure to post the name of the vendor. I see there are a lot of "Other" votes, but not everyone that voted is posting.

The thread is going good, keep it up!
Old Jan 15, 2008, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Voted:TTP E-flash A+

Quick Reply: Who are you tuned by and what was your experience?