Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Pics Of Custom Chromoly Subframe For 3000gt, Any Interest From Anyone For An Evo?????

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2008, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics Of Custom Chromoly Subframe For 3000gt, Any Interest From Anyone For An Evo?????

Hey guys, just wanted to post some pics of this custom chromoly subframe. We have a local shop here that does AMAZING fabrication work. They can pretty much fabricate anything but they specialize in hondas. We will be using their services in the creation of NRG evo X parts. We at Top Level will be the sole WD of NRG fabrication parts.

Here are some pics of the subframe. It will be powercoated next. I'M POSTING THIS TO SEE IF ANYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THIS FOR AN EVO 8 OR 9. Yes It would eliminate you from running in certain classes in NHRA events BUT for people just looking to shed weight, I think it would be a good investment. I believe we saved well over 100 lbs doing this if not more. We're going to weight it all after its coated to verify exact weight savings. We're contemplating doing one for an evo. Obviously if anyone had any specific requests, those could be made. YOU CAN SEE IN THIS CAR, THERE WAS ALSO BARS MADE TO SUPPORT THE ENGINE. THOSE WOULD NOT BE INCLUDED.

front

rear suspension

powdercoated to match the front

Last edited by StevenStarke; Apr 23, 2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:09 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks decent man! I am willing to bet someone would be interested in this, as long as fitment is awesome and quality maintained from what I see in these pics.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im curious to know the weight savings so keep us posted.. good luck, it looks great!!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for the compliments MIKE!!!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

nice....
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Thats some serious crap there!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Wow. Very nice. This guy has got mad skills. The rollcage that he built for the shop car is a piece of art. It is tucked so tight, you would swear that the roof was cut off to make it fit. Look for some high end things from Toplevel in the near future.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

what the cost on that so far?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:02 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoTech
Wow. Very nice. This guy has got mad skills. The rollcage that he built for the shop car is a piece of art. It is tucked so tight, you would swear that the roof was cut off to make it fit. Look for some high end things from Toplevel in the near future.
Any pic of the roll cage you're speaking of?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Steve@TopLevelAuto
Hey guys, just wanted to post some pics of this custom chromoly subframe. We have a local shop here that does AMAZING fabrication work. They can pretty much fabricate anything but they specialize in hondas. We will be using their services in the creation of NRG evo X parts. We at Top Level will be the sole WD of NRG fabrication parts.

Here are some pics of the subframe. It will be powercoated next. I'M POSTING THIS TO SEE IF ANYONE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THIS FOR AN EVO 8 OR 9. Yes It would eliminate you from running in certain classes in NHRA events BUT for people just looking to shed weight, I think it would be a good investment. I believe we saved well over 100 lbs doing this if not more. We're going to weight it all after its coated to verify exact weight savings. We're contemplating doing one for an evo. Obviously if anyone had any specific requests, those could be made. YOU CAN SEE IN THIS CAR, THERE WAS ALSO BARS MADE TO SUPPORT THE ENGINE. THOSE WOULD NOT BE INCLUDED.

here you can see the removeable driveshaft loop

tom does do have some great fabrication skills , he also did our shop car roll cage as well , piece of art .
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
how heavy is that?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

I dont have an exact weight yet, but we'll soon have before and after numbers. We're kind of interested in building one of these for an evo. If anyone wants to be the first let me know!!!

-Steve
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

I would definitely ask for 50% up front for something of such a custom nature. Wanna build 2 for an EVO 2?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Flyin EVO 2
I would definitely ask for 50% up front for something of such a custom nature. Wanna build 2 for an EVO 2?
SURE, If your serious, you can send me a PM and we can discuss it further.

-Steve
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

how much would something like that cost?, and if you made one for the evo, can u make one that still uses the stock control arms?

Quick Reply: Pics Of Custom Chromoly Subframe For 3000gt, Any Interest From Anyone For An Evo?????