Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Don't Use Napleton Mitsu In Chicago!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't Use Napleton Mitsu In Chicago!

One moment while i calm myself.... So on Dec26 someone tried to steal my MR. I had it towed to Napleton Mitsubishi that day. I called ahead and told them what to expect and to start ordering parts. I knew it would be a lenghty job and the faster they got on the ball the sooner I would get my car back. the next Monday the adjuster came in and assessed the damage and told the service manager not to order anything until he was done writing up the claim. (Keep in mind during this whole proccess I was on the phone with the dealrship and my insurance company to keep things rolling.) On Jan 7th the insurance company faxed the dealership a form for their tax ID number so payment could be issued. The dealership failed to respond until Jan 28th after the insurance company called them directly and asked for it. I made roughly 5 calls to them from Jan 7th to Jan 28th reminding them to get the number back to the insurance company. The mechanical work was finished on Jan 19th but because they did not send the information to the insurance company the claim check was not issued until today Jan 30th. I spoke with the service manager, Carl, and he said he would call to verify the check had been issued. After not hearing back from him and not liking his attitude I called the dealership manager and told him the situation. I then talked to my insurance company who had spoke with carl while I was talking to the manager and they verified that the service deparment had got the fax and just had not answered back. I then called Carl and told him everything I knew and HERE IS WHAT HE SAID. "I just had a sales manager come back here and **** on my leg saying that you said I'm a retard and don't know how to do my job. I was ready to release your car today but I really didn't appreciate you doing that. So now I have to fill out a power of attorny form so that you can get your car before we receive the check from your insurance company because I don't trust that you will come back and sign the check. I have to find the paperwork at the body shop I'll get to it when I get to it." <Click> 11 days my car has sat there because they didnt have the time to do their job and many more days I'm sure. I do apologize to Napleton's for my attitude during all this and I'll tell them that when I go get my car. I'm just used to Showcase Mitsubishi back in Michigan where it's more of a Quality not Quantity kind of dealership. Lesson learned. Better to pay for a tow truck to take your car 350 miles than 12 miles to a Napleton's Dealership.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't take my car to the dealership for anything anymore. Well, accept when they send me free oil change coupons in the mail. Too many bad experiences with the service departments.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

wait, you are posting this before you get your car back??????

dude, you have big ones!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

well sorry to hear you had a bad experience there. i might think twice when i go to pick up a lancer...
Old Jan 30, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Just called them again to have the office bring the form back to Carl since he is so busy. Figured I would help him out one last time. They said he went to get it already. So he is getting to it but my bet is he wont call to say he got it til about 4:59. The sad thing is I bet I can go through my phone bill and pull out about 200 minutes of conversation I've had with the dealer and the insurance company. Wonder how long my car would have been there if I hadn't. I must admit though, it's a great way to keep the miles off the car and hey! No one tried to steal it while it's been there lol
Old Jan 30, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

It baffles me that people get pissed off when you call them out for not doing their job. It shouldn't have to be this way, but unfortunately the world is made up of lazy idiots.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

I was wrong. It was 4:15. got my car with a ton of dirty looks, a service engine light and 2 new keys around 5:30, one to start the car and one to open the doors. Seems it was too much trouble to install the correct ignition cylinder so they put in a different one and expect me to be happy having this janitor type key ring in my pocket. Also I now only have 1 key for my ignition that works.