Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

scammed by a member

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man sorry to hear that..but thanks for sharing that info..we will look out for him in the future....

and yes +1 on banning him....

Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ

This was not a vendor sale. Yes, the person in question is an employee or Norco, but this was a private sale. Therefore, you were not scammed by a vendor since Norco as a business had nothing to do with this.
Well even though this was in the private for sale section it can be very deceiving that this is not a vendor sale- as per the giant PLATINUM VENDOR under the user name. I think evo M should restrict vendors from the private for sale sections and make them use a separate non vendor user name, or the entire vendor should have their account jeopardized for letting non trusting members ruin this community (and tarnish the trust associated with being a "vendor").
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thatsMR2u
Well even though this was in the private for sale section it can be very deceiving that this is not a vendor sale- as per the giant PLATINUM VENDOR under the user name. I think evo M should restrict vendors from the private for sale sections and make them use a separate non vendor user name, or the entire vendor should have their account jeopardized for letting non trusting members ruin this community (and tarnish the trust associated with being a "vendor").
I agree. We have done a few things to help this. We started a vendor used parts section so that we can clearly differentiate from used parts being sold through as a vendor, or ones that are private. We do not like to use a personal and business accounts in most cases as in the past, they have been abused to right positive things about themselves without people realizing. We do allow it, but on a case by case basis.

One easy way to differentiate is that ANYTHING listed in the private for sale must not be business related. If anyone sees a business listing in the private for sale, it should be reported. But if it is a vendor selling a used part, assume it is a personal private sale. This particular user had also listed new carbon fiber parts in the private section that he sold as a side business and was severely reprimanded for doing so.

I have spoken with him and informed him if he does not make good on these complaints, he will be removed permanently. If I remove him now, there is no leverage for me to get the complaint resolved, and therefore a greater chance of these members not receiving the parts. However this is of course assuming that he has not already resolved the matter which he told me he is doing.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that hope everything gets resovled, thanks for the info though.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I strongly suggest that you call the owner or manager of Norco Mitsu and tell them about your experience, and ask them politely to assist you in getting what you paid for. Tell them that your next step will be to contact the local police with multiple complaints and provide the police with his business address for contact location, and then write the local newspaper a letter to the editor regarding internet fraud by a Norco employee. I expect that they will be motivated to get you taken care of...
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Charles I dont care what people on this site say about the site management, "you my friend are a stand up guy!"
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
I strongly suggest that you call the owner or manager of Norco Mitsu and tell them about your experience, and ask them politely to assist you in getting what you paid for. Tell them that your next step will be to contact the local police with multiple complaints and provide the police with his business address for contact location, and then write the local newspaper a letter to the editor regarding internet fraud by a Norco employee. I expect that they will be motivated to get you taken care of...
very good idea of how to get it resolved
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

^+1 Thanks for the heads up. Good luck and hopefully no one else will get ripped off. I just don't understand why people can't be up front and honest in their dealings. Why compromise who you are for a couple of bucks. NO HONOR!
Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

sad to hear this..

I hope it isn't true...

I ordered some fenders from him a month ago and got them just as described and in no time at all...excellent service.

Hope he resolves this issue for you.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Just wait on Paypal, if he doesnt respond, Paypal will give you your cash back. Happened to me, but with $1,000 bucks. Got it back within 2 weeks of reporting to paypal
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

damn... that sux man, sorry to hear that.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

As I mentioned to you through PM, if he doesn't make good on his promises to Charles I'll sue. As I get free legal from my employer JPMorgan I wouldn't need to pay a dime. While its not a lot of money he took, its both the principal in the matter... as well as if its a small amount now it could be a large amount to someone later.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaonashi
LOL wasnt that the guy with the Special Edition J-Spec MR LOL
nah i def dont think that was norco. but wasnt that nuts, how did that all end? or didnt it, did it just get deleted cuz i cant find it
Old Feb 4, 2008, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
nah i def dont think that was norco. but wasnt that nuts, how did that all end? or didnt it, did it just get deleted cuz i cant find it
haha, it actually was him. he said he was gonna post up pics and then never came back to the thread. hope everything works out for you guys...
Old Feb 4, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
Wow....that was wildly uneducated statement. You sir known nothing about what we do our how we handle these matters. Before you insult us like that, consider that we work very hard to protect our members and I personally spend quite a bit of my time handling issues so members do not get screwed.

As far as this incident goes, their are two things to consider:

This was not a vendor sale. Yes, the person in question is an employee or Norco, but this was a private sale. Therefore, you were not scammed by a vendor since Norco as a business had nothing to do with this.

Second, vendor or private, we have ways of aiding in these matters. Had it been a vendor, they can loose their account should they take money and not supply a part. We have done so in the past and have no problem removing any vendor. Same is true for a private person. So if this member fails to come through, then they can be banned.

I am currently dealing with another complain on this member, and he has been informed that if he fails to take care of this, he will be removed.
I agree.I had a problem with one of the members on here and CharlesJ took care of it and I got my money back within a few days of contacting the mods so yes don't insult the mods karture2k.They are here to help.

Quick Reply: scammed by a member