Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

scammed by a member

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steiner
Whether or not you're into smoking weed, that car was essentially a gift-wrapped multiple count of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Lucky you found it before local PD.
I totally know that, I was pretty pissed off about it but what am I gonna do. Norco would deny it no matter what I said, so nothing to do but trash talk them :-)

All the shops and stealers around rely massively on their reputations. You trash their reputation then theyve got nothing. I love it.

Still I think Norco should get something extra... and the guy who the OP of this thread has been talking to needs to be fired..Itd actually just be easiest to...
Old Feb 15, 2008, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If calling the dealership, please be sure to be stick to the facts that you can verify.

There are only 6 Peter Tang's registered within 60 miles of the dealership so the search shouldn't be too difficult.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoJedi77
You guys think thats bad, I bought my Evo from them with 300miles on it. They said itd never been owned or anything and I believed them..It checked out right and everything, but I knew those 300 miles mustve just been massive rapage of the car...Like red line 24/7...But whatever it runs well and I can maintain it, no issues so far. BUT

Maybe 2 weeks after buying my car I take out the center console to hook up my V1 to a powersource. BAM. A pipe there filled with weed. Im like wtffffff. I threw it out. I hate drugs. But I will never go to Norco and never let any of my friends go there either, theyre a bunch of ****ups.
damn yo u shulda gave me it

anyways i had a problem like thi but not with norco bought my car from another dealer and it was beated on but told wasnt and stuff like that until i took it to mitsubitshi for a checkup and warrenty got voided! dealer told me was never modified but lied this was another dealer btw called A.M.A Cars down in harbinson ave in philly was going to pay them a visit with my friends but not yet not yet..

you should just go to the dealership and go up to him face to face and if he says he dont know what he talkin about just take him outside for a little then he'll prolly remember
Old Feb 15, 2008, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

I'll be on the phone with Norco again the morning. After speaking with my lawyer, I can sue the dealership as Peter was a representative of the dealership and left his official title and norco clearly displayed in his signature for his ad.

I'm getting my money back one way or another.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

I spoke with the owner today who called me and my wife every name in the book he could think of, and called everyone who said has been cheated a liar as well as saying the board owners are running a scam operation

He gave me his e-mail address for those who have been scammed. Peter has told him we all were given refunds and that "PayPal chooses not to issue the credits."

kamjartavakkoly@yahoo.com

This is the personal e-mail address of the owner. Anyone who has been scammed and is needing a refund or anyone who feels like sending him a message and telling him he a moron and a crook needs to send a message.

I'm giving him til the morning for a refund... or i'm calling back and not playing mr nice guy.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FullOutPwr
I spoke with the owner today who called me and my wife every name in the book he could think of, and called everyone who said has been cheated a liar as well as saying the board owners are running a scam operation
Classy. And coming from the owner of a car dealership? Ironic, too.

Why is this not in the Service,Parts and Tuning Review section?
Old Feb 16, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country

He gave me his e-mail address for those who have been scammed. Peter has told him we all were given refunds and that "PayPal chooses not to issue the credits."

kamjartavakkoly@yahoo.com

This is the personal e-mail address of the owner. Anyone who has been scammed and is needing a refund or anyone who feels like sending him a message and telling him he a moron and a crook needs to send a message.

I'm giving him til the morning for a refund... or i'm calling back and not playing mr nice guy.
Why is he responsible for your getting screwed? Sorry it happened, but I don't get it.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
Why is he responsible for your getting screwed? Sorry it happened, but I don't get it.
He personally is not responsible, however I was speaking him to get some assistance as his employee was selling the parts. The correct business ethic should have been "Let me talk to him, see what we can comprise on or come up with"

The items were going to be shipped from his place of business, and theres no way for me to verify if they were indeed parts from the dealership, or personal parts from his employee. The way I look at it is the person who sold the items had Norco Mitsubishi in his name, had his official position and his vendor status. As soon as it was going to be shipped from the dealer, it got them involved.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

He personally is not responsible, however I was speaking him to get some assistance as his employee was selling the parts. The correct business ethic should have been "Let me talk to him, see what we can comprise on or come up with"

The items were going to be shipped from his place of business, and theres no way for me to verify if they were indeed parts from the dealership, or personal parts from his employee. The way I look at it is the person who sold the items had Norco Mitsubishi in his name, had his official position and his vendor status. As soon as it was going to be shipped from the dealer, it got them involved.
It was sold in the private for sale which by definition is NOT business. I cannot stress this enough. If anyone suspects someone selling as a business in this section, it should be reported. While your conversation with him sounds a built ridiculous, keep in mind that if you make threats about the dealership, it is going to make him defensive., Not saying that you did, just giving advice.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:28 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Once the dealership got involved the correct thing to do was to HELP moderate the situation. Instead they made it much worse (from the sounds of it). Seriously though, what's to stop a business from selling in the for sale section under a fake name and never sending the part? Never refunding? I think some of us have lost some "security" buying from vendors here. If vendors are going to have representatives they should have to back them or at least help fix situations like these.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Once the dealership got involved the correct thing to do was to HELP moderate the situation. Instead they made it much worse (from the sounds of it). Seriously though, what's to stop a business from selling in the for sale section under a fake name and never sending the part? Never refunding? I think some of us have lost some "security" buying from vendors here. If vendors are going to have representatives they should have to back them or at least help fix situations like these.
Well....this is what stops them. If we catch them doing something like this, they loose their account permanently and any money they have already paid us. These things come to light pretty quickly and no business would want to loose out just to scam a couple people. This is one incident that was not a vendor, but an employee. Yes, the vendor should help, but being they are no longer vendors here, we cannot leverage that. As a result of how they are handling this, we can choose to not allow them back.

We have numerous vendors here and of all of them, we only get a handful of reasonable complaints of which 99.9 percent are resolved. The few left result in a vendor being removed and it permanently damaging their reputation and business. Please do not turn this into a rampant problem with vendors which is has nothing to do with. This is a private sale gone wrong. It happens rarely, but does happen. Hopefully Peter will do what is right and refund these people or send the parts.

Now please stop with the comments about vendors
Old Apr 5, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Did anybody ever get their money back from Peter Tang at Norco Mitsubishi?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 08:36 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Been wondering myself lately as well.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

did you get your money back??
Old Apr 5, 2008, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

I never got my money back.