Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

scammed by a member

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What an @$$bag...what comes around, goes around...

Dennis
Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kapture2k
evoM won't bite the hand that feeds them (Vendors) no mater what they do.

yeah i agree to that 100% and this has nothing to do with u charles j, i was screwed by a member on here i posted about it to warn the trust worthy ppl that are left on this fourm and my thread was deleted and closed ive, since then been followed by (SOME) of the mods that delt with my situation and now iam getting the shaft from them and the kid who ripped me off is let go scott free and post everyday on here. guys just watch who u deal with!!!!!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
Wow....that was wildly uneducated statement. You sir known nothing about what we do our how we handle these matters. Before you insult us like that, consider that we work very hard to protect our members and I personally spend quite a bit of my time handling issues so members do not get screwed.

As far as this incident goes, their are two things to consider:

This was not a vendor sale. Yes, the person in question is an employee or Norco, but this was a private sale. Therefore, you were not scammed by a vendor since Norco as a business had nothing to do with this.

Second, vendor or private, we have ways of aiding in these matters. Had it been a vendor, they can loose their account should they take money and not supply a part. We have done so in the past and have no problem removing any vendor. Same is true for a private person. So if this member fails to come through, then they can be banned.

I am currently dealing with another complain on this member, and he has been informed that if he fails to take care of this, he will be removed.

FROM CHARLES J...........

Second, vendor or private, we have ways of aiding in these matters. Had it been a vendor, they can loose their account should they take money and not supply a part. We have done so in the past and have no problem removing any vendor. Same is true for a private person. So if this member fails to come through, then they can be banned.

I am currently dealing with another complain on this member, and he has been informed that if he fails to take care of this, he will be removed.

WOW IS THIS TRUE?? CAUSE IF IT IS SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET BANNED!!!! my matter was never taken care of, the seller still is a member on this site and post's everyday!!!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 06:12 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by 1badgsex
FROM CHARLES J...........

WOW IS THIS TRUE?? CAUSE IF IT IS SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET BANNED!!!! my matter was never taken care of, the seller still is a member on this site and post's everyday!!!
You have been told the reasons several times and this is the last time. Both you and the seller refuse to compromise. He argues just as convincing as you, with the same voracity, concerning the sale. But you expect us to rule on a private transaction that will take a judge to sort out? Take your issue to court and let us know who wins. You are bitter and I understand that, but Evom is NOT the reason. You may not use the forums to continuously disrupt threads concerning this issue. We have the itrader system to track sale transactions, which you have used. Beyond that, all we can do is act as an intermediary.

Since neither of you have any interest in compromise, we should remove both of you until you DO resolve it.

Speedlimit..

Last edited by Speedlimit; Apr 8, 2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

What a threadjack.

This thread is about Peter Tang over at Norco Mitsubishi. He owes EvoM members hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in undelivered parts and unreturned PayPal transfers. Has anybody seen or heard from him in recent weeks.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

I might as well chime in on this because I have some experience with Peter Tang @ Norco.

I sold my IX to him through Norco back in December and not only did they not ever send a check to pay off the loan I had on the car for many weeks, a MONTH after the deal I received TWO tickets in the mail for someone who was driving the car on the toll road without a transponder.

When I tried to contact Peter, he was "not available" on multiple attempts and I only got things sorted out by having my bank put me on a 3 way conference call with his boss to get everything sorted out.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

My blood boiled when I saw his name mentioned in a recent Evo writeup in DSport magazine. It was about Norco's shop Evo. I think Peter has a lot to do with it. Anyways I want satisfaction and intend on getting it.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow just just tuned into all this and got caught up, either way, credit card companies are pretty good at refunding funds if there is a fail to deleiver on the part of the seller. In the past 2 years its been streamlined for better communication between the CC company and Paypal. But generally paypal is good at refunding. This might be getting blown up a bit bigger then it needs to be. If the guy is dead and gone for the forum, what more can be done?

If you feel that angry by it, then take it to court, when you do that its public record in the outcome.
Old May 28, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Has anybody been refunded by Peter yet?
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to thread jack, but...

i got burned by "supradan" on here for $505 for new AEM tru boost and UEGO gauges. try just swallowing that. paypal ruled in my favor but surprise, since he removed the money from his account there's nothing they can do. lot of good "buyer protection" is. he also burned 2 other members for less ($288, $2xx) and they had the same results.

mods locked his "for sale" threads but AFAIK he's still a member here.

sorry to hear about your losses. i know how it feels.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:21 PM

that is freakin terrible. I would hate that if it happened to me
Old Jun 3, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

It sucks. Unfortunately this isn't the best place to discuss our plans if they fall outside of the law though. Makes you understand why the Saudis cut the hands of their thieves though.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 02:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Supradan's account has been permanently disabled and marked as a scammer.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 02:33 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It sucks to hear this has happened!

A voice of advice:

1. Always check sellers feedback and previous forum posts. You should be able to tell (many times but not always) the type of forum user he/she is.

2. I tend to stay away from "too low to be true" priced items.

3. Stay away from ads without pictures of actual item.

4. Analyze the risk of buying an expensive part from somebody that has 0 or close-to-it posts before buying stuff from them.

Just my 0.02!