Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Forced Performance has bad customer service!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ForcedPerf
So getting a call explaining that we are sending a new part to you to fix your problem 2 days after leaving a voice mail explaining your problem is a good reason to start a thread titled "Forced Performance has bad customer service"?

Uncool man, just plain uncool. Additionally our phone is not disconnected, has not been disconnected, will not be disconnected either

I can't find an inbox anywhere that has a single email from you or anyone else on this topic, but that just could be because there are several addys and hundreds of emails everyday with some SERIOUS spam filtering, sorry we missed yours, and sorry for responding to an old email somehow. Sorry for the whole thing. We are not AT&T or DELL when it comes to having 200 dudes in India ready to answer every phone call, but we do the best that the 8 of us can do.

We are here all day long everyday, answering phones, multiple lines, multiple reps. As I type this right now there are 3 reps ready to answer the phone and zero incoming calls, so we do have good phone coverage. One thing I don't let our reps do is put you on hold to take another call, it is just RUDE. So if the reps are busy and a 4th call comes in that guy thinks we are all dead and is forced to leave a VM which we check daily and return all calls, 100% of them. We take more than 100 inbound calls every day, with about 80% answered by a real person.

I'm glad that we were able to react so promptly once we learned that you were having a problem, and again please accept my humblest apologies for offending you with our crappy service

Boost ON!

Robert Young
Impressive. I was going to delete this thread but apparently it needs to stay up after reading these comments. I meet with 8-10 small business owners a week in my line of work and you obviously have a lot to learn about professional maturity. Your sarcasm and your overall delivery will do nothing whatsoever for your business whether you believe it or not. Not everybody on the other end of the keyboard is an 18yr old using Mommy's credit card.

I don't know what to tell you but the phones were down last Monday. I got a message that it was disconnected on multiple attempts. I called 411 and they got me through however. No big deal. The reality is that I work 60 hours a week and prefer to use email to correspond with vendors in the evenings. I only called because email is a dead end with you guys. To that end the email situation, however you choose to justify it, is unacceptable. I would remove it from your website if they can't be answered in a timely manner. When I get back home tonight I'll post the multiple emails sent as well as the reply I received from FP last month. And yes...waiting 2 days in enough to illicit a thread like this. However in this case it was much more than 2 days since my tuner 1st contacted you by email and phone and it was months since my 1st email. Moreover, maybe it's been lost in this whole shuffle but I did spent $1600 on a turbo from your shop.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
Impressive. I was going to delete this thread but apparently it needs to stay up after reading these comments. I meet with 8-10 small business owners a week in my line of work and you obviously have a lot to learn about professional maturity. Your sarcasm and your overall delivery will do nothing whatsoever for your business whether you believe it or not. Not everybody on the other end of the keyboard is an 18yr old using Mommy's credit card.

I don't know what to tell you but the phones were down last Monday. I got a message that it was disconnected on multiple attempts. I called 411 and they got me through however. No big deal. The reality is that I work 60 hours a week and prefer to use email to correspond with vendors in the evenings. I only called because email is a dead end with you guys. To that end the email situation, however you choose to justify it, is unacceptable. I would remove it from your website if they can't be answered in a timely manner. When I get back home tonight I'll post the multiple emails sent as well as the reply I received from FP last month. And yes...waiting 2 days in enough to illicit a thread like this. However in this case it was much more than 2 days since my tuner 1st contacted you by email and phone and it was months since my 1st email. Moreover, maybe it's been lost in this whole shuffle but I did spent $1600 on a turbo from your shop.

WOAH..... the guys trying to explain himself, and you're jumping down his throat.
At the very least, I would wait till you get your WGA back before adding any more fuel to the fire.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ForcedPerf
We are not AT&T or DELL when it comes to having 200 dudes in India ready to answer every phone call, but we do the best that the 8 of us can do.

It's funny because it's true. It seems like every time I call some customer service I speak with some Indian person. Sorry for being off topic.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

lol failure
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Not to add any fuel to the fire here, but posting on here and discrediting a person or company without giving them a chance to correct what you perceive as a wrong is just as bad. YOU being the adult that is not on mommy's credit card should be mature enough to know that. If you have time post on here during your busy 60 hour work week, then you should have time to sort things out with FP without making it an internet issue. As you can see many people on here have already expressed their opinions as to FP being a good small company. I am sure they appreciate your 1600 dollars just as any other company would, but starting a post like this one was not the correct action. Just my .02
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YellowEvilEvo
Not to add any fuel to the fire here, but posting on here and discrediting a person or company without giving them a chance to correct what you perceive as a wrong is just as bad. YOU being the adult that is not on mommy's credit card should be mature enough to know that. If you have time post on here during your busy 60 hour work week, then you should have time to sort things out with FP without making it an internet issue. As you can see many people on here have already expressed their opinions as to FP being a good small company. I am sure they appreciate your 1600 dollars just as any other company would, but starting a post like this one was not the correct action. Just my .02
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

fp and Robert himself are great people and have been nothing but a blessing to work with. There are just way to many threads on this board were people are to quick to publicly bash a company, this thread should be deleted because you are only making yourself look foolish.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:28 PM
Former Sponsor

and if a phone # is disconnected 411 will not magically change that and get you through, ever consider that you kept calling the wrong #?
Old Feb 25, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

972 984 8100
thats the number and they live right down the street
Old Feb 25, 2008, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Let me just say, I have been dealing a lot with Amber, Aniel and Robert in the last month or so:

When I wanted to order the gree, I had emailed them and never heard back. I tried calling and I never got to speak to someone and I did leave a message once.
I tried to call back and on my third attempt, I talked to Amber and placed my order.

After I got the turbo. I had issues with the SS race outlet pipe and wastegate arm and then the SS 02 housing fitment. They have been easy to work with. Amber will always send me an invoice and the tracking no. Robert or Amber will always email me back within a day or 2. They sent me a new WGA as well as shorter studs. They were kind enough to send me UPS RMA labels for the parts to send back as well. Aniel is always polite when I talk to him and Robert was cool to hang out with at the shootout in 1998 or something like that when I met him...

This is my experience and overall its positive and all I can say is they have great customer service after sales which is rare to find anywhere nowadays.

Hope this helps someone wondering....

Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

FWIW, these are just my emails. I'm not even going to bother to ask my tuner for the emails they sent. Their time and their good name have nothing to do with this. You know it's real easy to pile it on and make it seem like I'm some angry boob with unrealistic expectations. Internet forums seems to attract people like that. But Evo owners who know me understand nothing could be further from the truth. A lot of NorCal owners have run into the same issues trying to get ahold of somebody at FP. I know because I've talked about it with them. If it helps people to think I'm the only one, so what. I don't really. I just want my WGA fixed.

----Original Message-----
From: Forced Performance [mailto:rebuild@forcedperformance.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:02 AM
To: Steiner
Subject: Re: EvoGreen turbo?

Hi and thanks for your inquiry about Forced Performance Products.

The Evo Green Upgrade requires you to send in your EVO 9 16g to us in
order for the upgrade to be completed. We take your turbo and machine
both compressor and turbine housings out for our larger wheels . Then we
build your rotating center section using our 700cfm 69-5 billet
compressor wheel and our enlarged 11 blade turbine wheel. This
combination of increased compressor and turbine flow results in a very
broad powerband and stock like boost response while still being capable
of well over 400whp.

For this service we charge $999 plus shipping back to you. You must
allow for 2.5-4 week turn around time.

The 18psi wastegate actuator is strongly recommended for applications
where the boost pressure will always be 20psi or higher. This is an
additional $69.

The turbine housing gasket match port job is recommended if using a
gasket match ported manifold. This is an additional $45

The turbine housing ceramic coating is recommended to reduce heat in the
engine compartment, particularly useful if the factory heat shields are
missing. This is an additional $100 and requires an additional 2 weeks.

Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 2:33 PM
To: 'rebuild@forcedperformance.net'
Subject: RE: EvoGreen turbo?

You guys alive over there? I’ve got in cash in hand. Do you want my business?

-Brian
> *From: Steiner
> *Sent:* Wednesday, October 17, 2007 5:44 PM
> *To:* 'rebuild@forcedperformance.net'
> *Subject:* EvoGreen turbo?
> *Importance:* High
>
> I’ve got an ’05 Evo VIII 16G turbo I’d like to send in to be converted
> to a 20G EvoGreen. Who do I talk to, how much does it cost and how
> long are people waiting for these rebuilds right now?
>
> -Brian
Old Feb 25, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Steiner
You know it's real easy to pile it on and make it seem like I'm some angry boob with unrealistic expectations. Internet forums seems to attract people like that.
No need. You've done a great job of that all by yourself.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

It took me 2 calls to get support and make a purchase today, in the middle of giving them the info their computer went down. I can see how an email could get lost but they answer the phones and they know their stuff.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
Maybe it's just you.

I've never had any problems getting ahold of them, and I've called plenty of times over the years.
+1 Ive had only good expeirences over the years with them on several purchases.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
No need. You've done a great job of that all by yourself.
That's not very nice. My car is going to need a new clutch after the EvoGreen is tuned for 100 octane. I was going to buy your Tilton Carbon. Not anymore.

Quick Reply: Forced Performance has bad customer service!