Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Forced Performance has bad customer service!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forced Performance has bad customer service!

First of all, it took them 3 months to respond to an email. I mean come on. It looks bad to even reply if it's been more than a few weeks. I'd forgot about it. But OK...I get it. They're busy. Anyways by that point I'd already bought their Evolution Green turbo w/the upgraded 18psi+ WGA so I could run a high octane tune. Problem now is the WGA is stuck and won't open the flapper in the turbo. Consequently the boost just shoots to the moon even when I have it set at wastegate pressure. Because of that I had to put the OEM IX wastegate on the turbo so the car would be driveable. I've been trying to get ahold of a human being at FP ever since. That was 2 weeks ago. They haven't responded to emails from my tuner, emails from me, or the voicemail I left on Monday. This is crap. Am I the only one having this problem with the terrible custom service at FP?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

I called just to get some info on the HTA37R and they answered the phone on the 2nd ring and seemed to be pretty nice. But that was the only time i have ever called so maybe i got lucky?

Chris
Old Feb 20, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've called them a few times and have recieved nothing but excellent service
Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

ya i think u have the wrong number.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

I called (972) 984-1800. In fact when I called that number on Monday it said the number was disconnected so I called 411. I got the voicemail of somebody named Brian IIRC.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I just called them monday to get some hotside studs for my Green and they answered on the first ring..

idk, keep trying..
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

I'll keep trying. I have no choice.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe it's just you.

I've never had any problems getting ahold of them, and I've called plenty of times over the years.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

LOL. And honestly I'd like nothing more than to believe it is just me. It's actually very reassuring to see the positive comments in here BTW. When you spend $1700 on hardware from a company you don't want to hear bad things about them from the Evo community.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 09:29 PM

ive called them before and it was a pos experiance for me =)
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Relax they are just busy.

Sean
Old Feb 21, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Steiner
it took them 3 months to respond to an email

Originally Posted by Sean@Iveytune
Relax they are just busy.

Sean

Old Feb 23, 2008, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

ill be honest ive called within the last week and called 5 times and hit number 3 which is to to ask question or need info about getting a turbo rebuilt by them and someone only answered 1 time but was very nice when they did answer, but i need to get ahold of them again and cant get no body to answer again.

i just think they are very busy right now just keep calling thats what i did, but all in all ive had good expericence with FP
Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

UPDATE: I received a call from Brian Wilson @ FP on Thursday morning and they're going to warranty the broken wastegate. I sent it in yesterday.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 09:26 AM
Former Sponsor

So getting a call explaining that we are sending a new part to you to fix your problem 2 days after leaving a voice mail explaining your problem is a good reason to start a thread titled "Forced Performance has bad customer service"?

Uncool man, just plain uncool. Additionally our phone is not disconnected, has not been disconnected, will not be disconnected either

I can't find an inbox anywhere that has a single email from you or anyone else on this topic, but that just could be because there are several addys and hundreds of emails everyday with some SERIOUS spam filtering, sorry we missed yours, and sorry for responding to an old email somehow. Sorry for the whole thing. We are not AT&T or DELL when it comes to having 200 dudes in India ready to answer every phone call, but we do the best that the 8 of us can do.

We are here all day long everyday, answering phones, multiple lines, multiple reps. As I type this right now there are 3 reps ready to answer the phone and zero incoming calls, so we do have good phone coverage. One thing I don't let our reps do is put you on hold to take another call, it is just RUDE. So if the reps are busy and a 4th call comes in that guy thinks we are all dead and is forced to leave a VM which we check daily and return all calls, 100% of them. We take more than 100 inbound calls every day, with about 80% answered by a real person.

I'm glad that we were able to react so promptly once we learned that you were having a problem, and again please accept my humblest apologies for offending you with our crappy service

Boost ON!

Robert Young

Quick Reply: Forced Performance has bad customer service!