Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Bad experience at Harman Motive

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 05:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9MR310
I just took my car back to Harman to have some stuff checked out. I spoke to Dan personally and he actually commmented about this post I have made and addressed all the issues I had. At the end of the day I can only commend Dan for helping me out on the issues I had. In regards to the wiring issues Dan did say he would be more than happy to look at any issues I had from installation at Harman Motiv. I know Dan was not directly involved in working on my car but the fact he came to personally and addressed all the issues I had made say hey this shop does care. I recommend anyone to Harman Motiv. I guess no shop is perfect but making things right is the most important aspect of customer service and Dan did just that. THANK YOU AGAIN DAN for addressing those issue and helping me out yesterday. You have my utmost support and I wish you well.
Originally Posted by typac69
Seems to be a bunch of issues you need to address here.. ITs a shame reading all these posts about you guys as a company and thats all you have to say instead of individually responding to this people.. shows your customer service right there.. POOR
Like I said in my previous response. We're looking forward to improving our quality regardless of issues in the past, it does not reflect on our new iniative for the future. The only way we can achieve this is from a direct response to us. Doesn't mean that we have poor customer service if we haven't been contacted.
Old May 22, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One thing i've learned is you cant just automatically believe everything said on here.

A shop like harman really doesn't mess around when it comes to building, tuning, and working on cars. This is the first time i've ever heard anything negative about them.

The only real issue that the OP had was resolved, the other was just "my buddy got tuned there and it was innconsistant and he needed a retune" well that doesn't tell a whole lot.

Its seems recently that people read some of these so called bad reviews and just eat them up like fries. Just cause someone had a "bad" experience doesn't mean there is more to the story or your getting the wrong side of it. It doesn't mean you shouldn't believe anything but look at it and really see the whole story. All too often do you look at it closer only to find out it was all made up or altered to portray a different story.

Last edited by project_skyline; May 22, 2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old May 22, 2009, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Harman Motive
Like I said in my previous response. We're looking forward to improving our quality regardless of issues in the past, it does not reflect on our new iniative for the future. The only way we can achieve this is from a direct response to us. Doesn't mean that we have poor customer service if we haven't been contacted.
well said. judging since the OP since then has contacted you and got his issues resolved and has commended you on it.
Old May 22, 2009, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Glad you got it sorted.

My only experience with them was 3 of phone calls to voice mail and an email for my a quote on recent: cams; cam gears; o2 housing; valve springs; retainers; solid engine mounts; timing belt; full fluid change; and front lsd.

It took 2 weeks for a response, and I only got an email response no return call. Seems like they are trying to improve, but all it takes is one bad taste to leave your mouth sour.

Ended up going to RRE who returned my call the same day that I had inquired with them.
Old May 22, 2009, 04:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by project_skyline
One thing i've learned is you cant just automatically believe everything said on here.

A shop like harman really doesn't mess around when it comes to building, tuning, and working on cars. This is the first time i've ever heard anything negative about them.

The only real issue that the OP had was resolved, the other was just "my buddy got tuned there and it was innconsistant and he needed a retune" well that doesn't tell a whole lot.

Its seems recently that people read some of these so called bad reviews and just eat them up like fries. Just cause someone had a "bad" experience doesn't mean there is more to the story or your getting the wrong side of it. It doesn't mean you shouldn't believe anything but look at it and really see the whole story. All too often do you look at it closer only to find out it was all made up or altered to portray a different story.

Originally Posted by kwanza
Glad you got it sorted.

My only experience with them was 3 of phone calls to voice mail and an email for my a quote on recent: cams; cam gears; o2 housing; valve springs; retainers; solid engine mounts; timing belt; full fluid change; and front lsd.

It took 2 weeks for a response, and I only got an email response no return call. Seems like they are trying to improve, but all it takes is one bad taste to leave your mouth sour.

Ended up going to RRE who returned my call the same day that I had inquired with them.
Once again. We do understand there were issues in the past with customer service. We currently have a new dynamic in that department & are continually pushing forward to please ALL of our customers with faster response/assistance, the same high quality performance products for track/street applications, best installation services, custom fabrication, and multi-award winning race team.
Thank You,
H.M.