Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Megan Racing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megan Racing

So I ordered an exhaust manifold from one of the only sites I order my EVO parts from.

When the manifold arrived I thought they looked good and couldn't wait to get them on the car.

After a couple of hours in the garage I put the Megan Manifold into place and saw that only three of the four holes on the flange matched up to the turbo. The fourth hole was off by about a 1/4 of an inch.

So I did what any respected gearhead would do and attempted to drill out the hole so it would fit. Well this didn't work to well; all that was accomplished was dulling my drill bits.

I then continued to put on the manifold. It seemed to go on with no problems but after about a week an exhaust leak made itself known.

I then E-Mailed Megan Racing attempting to order new gaskets. They told me they didn't have any and suggested I use the stock ones I removed.

I then began to remove the manifold but the bolt that was placed into the flange hole that didn't line up was stuck. After attempting every remedy I could think of I came to the conclusion that I would have to break of the head of the bolt.

Now the manifold is off and the bolt in the turbo needs to be removed.

I then called Megan Racing and spoke to a guy named Cyrus. I told him about my situation and explained that I didn't want to put the manifold back on the car after I get the bolt extracted from the turbo. I asked if he would exchange the faulty manifold.

Cyrus told me he would not exchange the manifold because I voided the warranty by drilling the hole. I told Cyrus that his product was sent to me defective from the beginning. Cyrus told me it didn't matter and he was not going to replace it.

All I wanted was for Megan Racing to replace their defective product with a proper working product.

Well it became obvious to me that Megan Racing produces junk products and has no concern for their customers.

So if you’re looking for poor quality and extremely bad customer service then Megan Racing is the right place for you.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

wow double post ownage - this isn't your day
Old Mar 29, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

You should have replaced the manifold and not drilled it out. It is not Megan's fault that you tried to force it on the turbo leading to the damaged stud. Remove the stud and replace it with a bolt.