Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

A warning about Innovate LC-1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my LC-1 for almost a year now with no major issues. In fact I liked it and it's sampling rate so much that I bought a second one to go in my WRX. Only problem I ever had with the first one was a defective datalogging cable (bad connections some where, sometimes it would connect but would fail if you wiggled the connector), but the one from the second unit I bought works just fine so problem solved.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Had my LC1 and XD 16 guage in for awhile now and it works perfectly.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Innovate has some crappy tech service too!
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SICK9
Had my LC1 and XD 16 guage in for awhile now and it works perfectly.

+ 1 same setup here, 8 months running strong and I usually have terrible luck with products that have very few issues so I'm knocking on wood right now, its been a great unit so far.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

3yrs LC1-/xd1(6)/lma3 no problems
Old Mar 29, 2008, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

I've got to say that my LM-1 has worked really well. I later purchased an LC-1 to permanently install in the OKIX car, along with testing 'blue tooth' transmissions to a smartphone. To get to that point, I had a sizeable investment. Lot's of new stuff, etc, etc. After many days of testing, checking wires, O2 changeouts, I finally determined it was the LC-1 acting up and not connectinig. I've attempted again to make it work correctly and finally gave up. I'll never buy another Innovate product, except for maybe a replacement LM-1 or replacement O2 sensors. At the prices I paid, it should work flawlessly, first time. The LM-1 with serial cable is all I use now.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

I'm having trouble getting my LC-1 to talk to my laptop, as in can't get it to happen at all. Software is loaded, and my laptop even has the serial port plug so I don't have to run an adaptor. The XD-16 is hooked up and ready to go, but in just cycles between an O2 warning and some reading of 2.5 AFR or something like that. Since it just flashes constantly, I've disconnected the LC-1 input so it doesn't annoy me while I'm driving. If I can't get this thing up and running, I'll be going AEM. So far, extremely annoying.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have sent my LC-1/xd-16 back to innovate 4 times now, I have only had it for 2 months and it has actually worked for mabye 10 hours out of the 50 I have driven the car. It failed again recently, and I am just simply returning it, getting it fixed then selling it. (Innovate will never refund your money, they will just keep BS fixing it).

If you plan for this wideband, check their forums and see how high of a failure rate they have. The forum is full of complaints and not a single answer from innovate. It is a serious POS.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The thing with the LC1 is the pricepoint is nice. $170 for a wideband and you can log it with evoscan or logworks. Is there something that is similiar to this? Just a basic wideband setup that can be logged. I though PLX had one but I don't see alot of people that run that.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dbsears87
Yea I bet all your Megan stuff you sell stand behing their knock offs too Just because you dont sell it doesn't mean its crap like you make everything else out to be.
Maybe you would like to post you personal results here.

Innovate users make it out to be exactly what it is.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com:8...ead.php?t=3604
Old Mar 30, 2008, 02:18 PM
Account Disabled

I have two LC1's and have had them for many years. As long as your not buying EBAY units and your vendor is honest I or my friends haven't had any issues with them. I have about 50,000 combined miles on my two units. The sensor in my oldest unit just died. I guess thats what you get when you run race gas most of the time.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

I have an LM1 that works just fine, I havent owned it long but no probs so far. I also have a relatively trouble free AEM Uego (once the fuel type switch moved due to vibration and it kept toggling AFR and Lamda), fixed by resetting the selector.

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; Mar 30, 2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by max2evoix
and i dam near get banned for vendor bashing...
I'm not bashing them. I am merely questioning why they are so quick to sharp shoot positive posts against a product that they sell a rival product to?

I did my homework before buying the Innovate LC-1 to find out the pros and cons of all the available wide bands and just don't appreciate a vendor dissecting everybodies positive reviews.
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

I've never had an issue with an Innovate product. Like anything else you'll get some defective products here and there. I'm glad to hear the shop that sold you the wideband took it back without a problem, its refreshing to hear that.

AEM makes good products as well and has never given me an issue while tuning. I would consider this one of the best and something I would install in my car if the LC-1/XD-16 ever failed me.

Cheers!
Old Mar 30, 2008, 04:17 PM
Account Disabled

I've been using the innovate products for years on my EVO and Stealth without issues for what it's worth.

Quick Reply: A warning about Innovate LC-1