Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Horrible Experience With Wantagh Mitsubishi In Ny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horrible Experience With Wantagh Mitsubishi In Ny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So My car had a weird problem where it went into limp mode after I was screwing around under the dash. I wanna keep this short and sweet so i'll get right to the point. I had the car flatbedded to wantagh mitsu in long island, NY. I WAS NOT LOOKING TO WARRANTY THE CAR AT ALL. it has exhaust,test pipe, fmic, intake and a boost controller. I was looking to have them diagnos the problem and then possibly even fix it and I WAS WILLING TO PAY WHATEVER THE COST WAS TO FIX IT.

They charged 1 hour to scan the codes and then came up with "its probably a mass air sensor" So that was ordered and we did the work ourselves. Of course that wasnt the problem and they said word for word they couldnt diagnos the problems due to the modifications. They said they couldnt do a compression test because of the exhaust?? WTF??

Anyways, I quickly got the car out of there and today i randomly called them to see if they could access the TSB reflash. I was speaking to one of the guys when the service manager grabs the phone and very rudely says "what can I do for you" I tell him about the reflash and he just keeps cutting me off and telling me how there is no reflash and if there is one its for the MR which "there is not even one of in the US" "no MR has ever touched US soil" he says.

Once he realizes i'm the same guy from the day before he goes off on how he voided my warranty yesterday and he reported my car to mitsubishi. I'm like WTF? my car has no problem that needs to be warrantied. Today I went back under the dash and unplugged everything i had touched and replugged it all back and the car is fine now. He went off on me telling me if there is a TSB to bring the car to the dealer I bought it from because they're not working on my car. he said we only work on evos sold by us.

Classic mitsu
Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:51 PM
Account Disabled

What a-holes
Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Steve@NrgTech
Classic mitsu
No, that's classic Long Island.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 01:05 PM

Good god... ignorant manager it sounds like to me. Boycott !!!
Old Apr 11, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steve, did u speak to Leo?

I know he's in sales, but maybe cuda offered sum help?
Old Apr 11, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
umm you should know sunrise hy wantagh sux!!!! i drove 4 hours away to get my mr se ix, and when brought the car to them for something very small they did not want to look at my car cause i did not buy it there! so i said ok and then went home and wrote a letter to mits and they got right back to me with three dealer i could bring my car to that where waiting for me all where local dealers and these also said they had a lot of problems with this dealer. why do you think they have zero business!? they were pretty good a couple year ago but things changed alot there, who did you talk to prob mark baso right? anyways i will say one good think about them i went there to test drive the x and it was not a problem and there were selling them a little under msrp when other dealer werent...humm guess they really needed the business lol
Old Apr 11, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NocturnalEVO

leo with the evoIII he's been there for soo long but i dont think he's there anymore?
Old Apr 11, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

but i do think any dealer would freak out with those mods there not use to people bring there car in with them.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NocturnalEVO

Yea i spoke to Leo before I brought the car in and he said he went in the back and spoke to the service manage and all was good.

I have NOTHING against LEO. Hes a cool guy and has always done me right, so I will continue to praise him and if he never needed something I could do for him, I would do it in a heartbeat. Hes a good guy in my book. His car is also AWESOME.

Just sucks the service dept is filled with jerkoffs.

Funny too cuz years ago I had a black 05 evo and the water pump blew at 7000 miles. Wantagh warrantied it. It blew again at 11k and they wouldnt cover it again because "the motor is modified and it revs up to fast for the water pump to handle it" so it wasnt covered.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah leo is def. the man.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 04:10 PM
Account Disabled

Islip represent.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Wantagh Mitsu FTL!

Steve, Why dont you guys at NRG just chip in and get like a MODUS from Snap-on? Ive had good experience with the MODUS, not to mention it would be a good addition to NRG just incase you have any CEL-**** customers.

Glad to see everything worked out, now come on and run me in your X!
Old Apr 12, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

you'll still beat my car man, i gotta do a few more things first. When are we gonna see the red car?
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

has anyone every seen a techs view of the mitsu screen .... when i went to visit my buddy at mitsu in fort worth theres a banner over the warranty screen for evo's that says any and all mods void warranty lol we laughed because he'd never pulled that screen up before either.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Long Island car dealers are the fail. Un be liev able its just disgusting the business culutre that breeds here. I have no other place to compare to tho so take it with a grain.