Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Deadbolt turbos ???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madmax, check with deadbeat, iirc they might sell used turbos as well, and complete turbos, may not have to wait on that ix turbo *thumbs up*
Old Apr 17, 2008, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mplspilot
Instead of empty talk, get it and post the results. Then we'll talk.
haha,dont be made cause you spent 2k for the same turbo....and i spent 400 bucks

when my ''custom turbo'' gets in,ill be glad to post my DLL logs
Old Apr 17, 2008, 05:36 PM
4DR
Evolved Member

subscribed as well.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
Go to the blackboard and write 500 times: "you get what you pay for".

Overpriced doesnt always mean quality.... Not saying that FP is over priced...

In the car world money doesn't buy quality, reputation does.. Then with reputation comes higher pricing, at that point you're paying for the name not the product.

EX... Ebay IC... I got mine for $100 shipped over a year ago.. That was the going price. Then people started finding out how well they work and saw that the build quality was actually pretty damn nice... Now you'll find them for $250 shipped.

Back on topic... I have a few sti friends that have been running these guys turbos for a while now and have had 0 problems. I was considering doing this upgrade to my ix turbo before I went big turbo.

Cheers!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

ive heard of people having problems...my buddy sent in his VIII turbo to get the 47 lbs/min wheel...he got it back and it wouldnt boost past 20 PSI with an open w/g

but he sent it right back and they are fixing it free
Old Apr 17, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 4WS Tuning
Overpriced doesnt always mean quality.... Not saying that FP is over priced...

In the car world money doesn't buy quality, reputation does.. Then with reputation comes higher pricing, at that point you're paying for the name not the product.
You're not remotely comparing apples to apples.

The FP Green upgrade from a IX includes replacement of the turbine wheel assembly with a higher performance one, a complete rebuild, AND the replacement of the compressor wheel with the high performance one, all balanced on a real cartridge spin balancer You can see the full rebuild option at Buschur, which is $995 with your usable core. If you compare this to any FP offering in terms of cost, it would be more comparable to the cost of an HTA compressor wheel upgrade on a 35R, which is $450 or so, including VSR balancing (which this supplier does not offer).

In contrast, this alternative is ONLY the replacement of the compressor wheel. There is NO turbine wheel replacement, no rebuild, etc.

If there is any comparison to be made, the closest would be to the original White Rabbit turbo, not any current FP product. Without matching the turbine wheel to the bigger compressor wheel, there is really no useful comparison to be made.

Last edited by CO_VR4; Apr 17, 2008 at 08:22 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
You're not remotely comparing apples to apples.

The FP Green upgrade from a IX includes replacement of the turbine wheel assembly with a higher performance one, a complete rebuild, AND the replacement of the compressor wheel with the high performance one, all balanced on a real cartridge spin balancer You can see the full rebuild option at Buschur, which is $995 with your usable core. If you compare this to any FP offering in terms of cost, it would be more comparable to the cost of an HTA compressor wheel upgrade on a 35R, which is $450 or so, including VSR balancing (which this supplier does not offer).

In contrast, this alternative is ONLY the replacement of the compressor wheel. There is NO turbine wheel replacement, no rebuild, etc.

If there is any comparison to be made, the closest would be to the original White Rabbit turbo, not any current FP product. Without matching the turbine wheel to the bigger compressor wheel, there is really no useful comparison to be made.
You could compare this to the sleeper 16g from back in the day.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:39 AM
Former Sponsor

The "back in the day" sleeper 16g had a HUGE 6H turbine wheel in it, one of the main reasons that it actually worked. 6H is 68mm wheel, 5H is a 56mm wheel - and you just cant get it to flow enough to max out a 47# wheel, even with a 20 degree clip.

We stopped making the "white Rabbit" because the general perception was that adding a 44-47# wheel to the stock clipped turbine wheel (white rabbit) did not delivery sufficient increase in power, and for the most part I agree with this popular sentiment. There are literally dozens of threads on this subject.

Honestly I can't believe that this configuration is resurfacing, in 2006 the evo world decided that it completely sucked. Use the search feature.

Boost ON!

Robert Young
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Here is the prices I got back from DBT

Compressor wheel upgrade - $349.00
Turbine clip & rebalance - $99.00
Port turbine housing - $195.00
Black ceramic coat turbine housing - $75.00
Grey ceramic coat compressor housing - $75.00
Red ceramic coat compressor housing - $95.00
Compressor outlet port - $45.00
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Robert, make a turbo that flows 55lbs of air or so and we will buy it.

Of course you could return mail or phone calls and answer when you may be interested in doing such a turbo but as you will not do that I am happy to see that other folks are coming to the market who may offer the turbo that many of us seek.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance
The "back in the day" sleeper 16g had a HUGE 6H turbine wheel in it, one of the main reasons that it actually worked. 6H is 68mm wheel, 5H is a 56mm wheel - and you just cant get it to flow enough to max out a 47# wheel, even with a 20 degree clip.

We stopped making the "white Rabbit" because the general perception was that adding a 44-47# wheel to the stock clipped turbine wheel (white rabbit) did not delivery sufficient increase in power, and for the most part I agree with this popular sentiment. There are literally dozens of threads on this subject.

Honestly I can't believe that this configuration is resurfacing, in 2006 the evo world decided that it completely sucked. Use the search feature.

Boost ON!

Robert Young
I stand corrected, thanks for clarifying that Robert. I always though it was a 5H hotside.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance

Boost ON!

Robert Young

I thought the white rabbit just got renamed.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 05:29 PM
4DR
Evolved Member

keep it going guys....more info!
Old Apr 23, 2008, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

just so you guys know...they have Horrible customer service...ive been waiting forever for my turbo...and by buddy got one from them as well,and it wouldnt boost past 21 PSI.he sent it back 2 weeks ago,and has heard NOTHING from them yet

im starting to regret choosing them
Old Apr 26, 2008, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

I got a few emails from them with no issues, but couldn't get through via phone to get more info and try to make up my mind

Quick Reply: Deadbolt turbos ???